Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Which vehicle?

denalidogdenalidog Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in General
Upon retirement we are moving from Alaska to Arizona. My wife will sell her 9 year old Lexus RX350, and buy a sedan. She thinks she has the 2016 sedans narrowed down to: Nissan Maxima, Buick Regal, Honda Accord, or Toyota Avalon.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    All very nice cars, but the 2016 Accord seems to win the most praise, not only for being a good car, but being a good car that is also interesting to drive. The Maxima has better performance, but costs a fair amount more as well.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    edited November 2015
    And I'd take a look at the Avalon, if she is a fan of the RX - it'd be most similar.

The Accord would be great, but I'd go with the V6 to avoid the CVT you get with the 4.

The one I've looked at is the Mazda 6 - worth checking it, too. I'm not a Nissan fan.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2015
    Unless you're moving to Flag, the most important feature to check is the AC.

Much different car, but I checked out a Honda HR-V a few months back and the AC couldn't keep up. I'm a bit cautious with Honda's ACs after reading a bunch of posts about failed CR-V AC compressors over the years. The problems do seem to be worked out now though.

(Funny, everyone posting so far has an Alaskan connection. :) )