Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fix It Again - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Yugo
Fix It Again - 1989 Yugo GVL Long-Term Road Test

The long-term 1989 Yugo GVL gets a long-awaited update, and also a long-awaited rebuilt carburetor. #EdmundsYugo lives! And it's never idled better.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    lewis26lewis26 Member Posts: 7
    Edmund's new policy of requiring adblock to be disabled is BS.

Remove this stupid pop up immediately.
  • Options
    ckuersckuers Member Posts: 21
    lewis26 said:

Edmund's new policy of requiring adblock to be disabled is BS.

Remove this stupid pop up immediately.

Agreed. To a point.

I don't mind the ads, as long as they load quickly, and don't slow down scrolling, or pop up over the article. I know this site uses the ads to generate revenue, and that's fine. Just make sure the browsing experience isn't affected by them.
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    edited December 2015
    Some sort of notification in the header might be permissible, but the inability to opt-out is unacceptable. Also, the cheery "All done!, everything is better now" message is bound to piss of people already annoyed at having to turn it off.
  • Options
    miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    I have Adblock turned off for this site but your damned popup saying to turn it off won't go away, making the site unusable. As soon as you fix this, I'm tuning Adblock back on and block every damn ad on here.

Idiots...
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    I would certainly hope that the idle is now rock-solid...that cost indicates a new carburetor - you can get one for $320, or a lifetime-warranted one for $160.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Kudos to me. I got mentioned in the main article. Interesting about the stuck Venturi on the carb. Did it sound like a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    purrs like a mashed cat. Congrats. Can Tony walk on water, too, or only raise the dead?
  • Options
    SadButTrueSadButTrue Member Posts: 48

Did it sound like a Briggs & Stratton lawnmower?

Kind of, yes. Like a lawnmower trying to blow itself up.

-JS

• Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Like buttah! Nice!