Options

What to do with 2014 TDI

schaff76schaff76 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2016 in Audi
hello

i am coming up on the end of my 3 year lease on my 2014 Audi Q5 TDI.  I can either return this vehicle or buy it for $31,000 residual.   Audi has not yet figured out to do with these cars and how they are going to compensat owners for the scandal. 

Does anyone have any advice if I should turn it back in or buy it based on all the hoopla that is going on right now.  This car gets amazing gas mileage being diesel.  

I I can't figure out what to do 

anyone???

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,773
    That is a real quandary.

Not that it's directly related, but this discussion might shed some light on what might come down the road.
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41955/volkswagen/x/vw-tdi-settlement-buying-a-tdi-now#latest

In the case of the 2.0 TDIs, lessees are treated the same, whether they turned in their lease, or bought it out.

If you love the car and want to keep driving it, it might be 2-3 years before you have to make any decisions on it. Though, I'm not sure that AFS will let you purchase it now. Have you checked to make sure?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    schaff76schaff76 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I am allowed to purchase the vehicle if I so chose.  Just not sure what to do!

thanks for your reply