Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Elantra Owners: Meet the Members

1235»

Comments

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    No, no you're doing fine! We're glad you found us. If you ever need help finding anything, feel free to drop me an email - I'll get you pointed in the right direction. :)
  • Options
    nkmonty1nkmonty1 Member Posts: 33
    That makes me feel a whole lot better. I really am interested in seeing and hearing what people have to say about there Hyundai's. I really love mine and I am hoping it stays working as good as it is now.
  • Options
    dria24dria24 Member Posts: 32
    Hello everyone
    Thanks Karen for setting this up, I am new to this site.
    I just purchased a 2001 Elantra GLS with 110,000 miles, runs well, didn't know anything about Hyundais until my boyfriend and I went looking for another car( my other one was in an accident). So far we are enjoying it, need to get a manual, do I just go to the dealer or what? Just yesterday the airbag light came on we changed the fuses, but the one with the 10amp is still lighting up. Anyone can give us some help and advice much appreciated.
    look forward to hearing from all
  • Options
    Thank you KarenS for setting up this new owners' message post, since this is my first time purchasing a Hyundai, thanks to my boyfriend we are enjoying the car 2001, elantra GLS Pewter.
    right now my interest is in the air bag fuse light that came on. looking at new tires, we had the car balance and aligned but around 65miles the wheel vibrates, any suggestion. Much thanks :)
  • Options
    Hi

I just got my Hyundai 2005 a couple of weeks ago. If you call Hyundais 800 number believe me they can help you. They have a wonderful customer service and probably will be able to get you the owners manual and be able to answer your question about the airbag light.
    I hope this works for you.
    Nan
  • Options
    thanks will call them
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    You should get that airbag light checked by a professional immediately--it could mean that there's a problem with the SRS (airbag system), making one or more airbags inoperative.
  • Options
    doohickiedoohickie Member Posts: 949
    I agree. My son bought a used Cutlass last year that had a salvage title. At the time, I had a mild curiosity about whether the air bags were fully intact and functional. A little over a month ago, I found out they were, thank goodness:

image.

He ended up with a bruised knee. It would have been much worse without the air bags. You really need to make sure the bags are working.
  • Options
    tomfitzztomfitzz Member Posts: 1
    I am 45 yrs old,My daughter is 22 yrs old,I have never had a drivers licence,nor had my daughter.She will be teaching school this fall,2007,and will be going to different schools in our city,she asked me to take the drivers ed course in our city with her,I reluctently agreed,we both passed and got our licences,we purchased a 2002 Elantra with 49000 km on it,I swear an old nun used it to go back and forth to church,I love this car,we test drove many vehicles,some good,but out of our price range,some crap!
    I thought Hyundai made crap cars but......boy was I wrong,90 percent of the reviews i read online were4 or 5 stars out of 5,it handles so very well,it has all the gadgets one needs!!....I wish I had done this 25 years ago,
    I GUESS I AM NOW IN THE "CLUB".... is there a secret handshake i should know?
  • Options
    Gosh, glad to hear he is okay.
  • Options
    Welcome to CarSpace! Have you found the other discussions here in the Elantra group? We have a lot of Elantra owners hanging out around here - enjoy!
  • Options
    Hi

I am glad that you love your car. I was hesitant to buy one also. They do run great. If you are the 2nd owner do you still have part of the warranty left?
    Anyway congrats on your purchase and use it well.
    nan
This discussion has been closed.