Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Buying a Used C-Class

WeazellWeazell Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
So, I'm looking to find a gently used C-Class sedan in the 2001 - 2007 model years. (I understand the design changed in 08 and that makes them a bit pricier.) Here's my wish list / questions:

1. If the 01-07 models have roughly the same exterior design, were there any improvements through those years that make any later models more desirable?

2. I have a Scion tc that I'll be looking to trade in (Blue Book trade-in is around $10,000) and hope to keep payments under $300 per month. I think that'll mean a sales price of $25,000 or lower. Any things related to that to keep in mind?

3. I don't need all the bells and whistles a Mercedes can provide but beyond the standard things like A/C, AT and stuff, I'd probably like as many of the following as I could snag:

* Sunroof
* Trip computer (but don't need GPS)
* Bluetooth connection to take calls through the car speakers.
* Premium stereo (lots of thump)
* Satellite radion
* iPod compatible (through a jack, at least, so I don't have to use one of those dang FM transmitter deals any longer)

4. And with gas prices being what they are, I want to avoid models that might not get the usual 20-25 MPG that most C-Class sedans seem to get. Are they all pretty much the same, mileage wise?

5. And what else should I be considering?

Thanks for your help!

Peter

Comments

• afifafif Posts: 10
    Some advice for you after having bought 3 mercedes:

-Do not buy the earlier year mercedes-the reliability of the more recent years seems to have improved per Consumer Reports
    -Consider finding a new 2007 C230 if you absolutely must have a mercedes. There are many dealers who have them sitting in the back lots. I have to admit that I have driven the C230 and I am not impressed with the performance.
    -My 2002 C320 recently needed a new transmission. It was covered under an extended warranty and had broken down at 99000 miles-I got lucky this time, but my car has been plagued with problems.
    -Good luck....but be careful...you might find the new Honda Coupe fully loaded to be a better car at a better price
  • I have a 2002 C320 wagon I bought on E-bay for $13600. It had 74000 miles on it when I bought it about a year and a half ago and now has just crossed 90K. I love the car, routinely get 21-22 city and 26 -27 highway. It was not a pampered car, but well maintained and I drive it like a normal car and not a baby. Maintenance has not been a problem. I put Michelin 90k miles hydroedge tires on it and the handling is impressive, acceleration is mind blowing for a little engine and we love the solidity and handling. Only problem I have is that they 320 wagon was not imported after 2003 so I would have to go up to an E body or down to a 240 if I want a new one.

PW
This discussion has been closed.