Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Full-Size Pickup Truck Comparison

thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
edited March 2014 in Toyota
With the Tundra having at least a year under its belt, the latest GM trucks having been out as long, and updates from Ford and Dodge on the way, a Full-Size Pickup Truck Comparison seemed appropriate. Let's compare the Tundra, Titan, Sierra, Silverado, F-150, and Ram half-ton models.

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Supposedly, the updated V8 in the F-150 will have more power, and we can be sure it'll be connected to a 6-speed Automatic, from the Expedition. There is also news of the 6.2L V8 finally arriving, although power numbers aren't set-in-stone, I have read 380hp/400 lb-ft.

Dodge's updated 4.7L has 310hp/330 lb-ft and is more powerful than the sub 5.0L engines of its competitors. For 2009, according to Consumer Guide, the Ram's 5.7L engine will boast 380hp/404lb-ft.

GM's twins as well as Toyota's Tunder soldier on with their existing powertrains, while Nissan still sticks with the 5.6L 317hp V8 (which many suggest is under-rated).

Let the comparisons begin. Which trucks stand to survive $4 gas? Which will flourish? Which wouldn't you drive and why? Which WOULD you drive or DO you drive?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    The Ford 6.2 was shelved last month, according to industry trade Automotive News on June 23. Suppliers were instructed by Ford to cease work on the engine/components. While it's not 100% canceled, it's safe to say that fuel concerns have rendered the engine overkill at this time.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Oh goodness! Didn't know that. Thanks for the update. ConsumerGuide.com had shown otherwise.

I think the F150's 5.4L should jump to at least 320hp to be competitive, if it isn't going to lose weight.
    Those of you who work from your trucks, which do you have, which do you prefer?
  • hotrod1965hotrod1965 Posts: 19
    We got a 2008 silverado a month or so ago for our business. So far I think it is the best thing out there as far as fuel economy. I get 15 around town, 18-20 on the highway in V8 mode, and 22-26 in V4 mode with a 3.73 rear. Havn't taken any long trips yet so I can't tell you an over all highway fuel economy. But I would guess 21ish or so.

House power isn't that important to me. I care that it can tow what I need it to tow and carry what I need it to carry.
    The truck rides fine, handles fine, and is comfortable to site in. What more would you want?
This discussion has been closed.