Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

07 Murano clicking noise (transmission???)

cde1cde1 Posts: 2
I am 1.5 years in to a 3 year lease. I will greatly exceed the mileage limit and plan on purchasing the lease out. For at least the past 10k miles (vehicle has 30k miles currently) I have heard a clicking noise that I attributed to either the transmission or suspension. When accelerating or taking my foot off of the accelerator, that shift in momentum, or shift in weight dispersement, (or changing gears) creates a "click-click". I have not had any issues with acceleration and am not aware of any leaks. With no change in vehicle performance and only a clicking noise I have not contacted Nissan. Are any of you familiar with this clicking noise? Is it possible that it will lead to larger issues? Will Nissan address a clicking noise as an issue, I still have a few thousand miles under my warranty?

Also, regarding the noisy brake issue, I do have a few squeaks when I have parked outside and it has been raining. Backing out of my garage on an incline it is a louder noise when applying the break.

Thanks,

Chad

Comments

• speak with your dealer, there is an issue with the adjusting nut on the front spindle. mine (2003) used to click and they adjusted it many years ago.
  • Chad,

Did Nissan found the problem on your murano? I have the same issue with 05 murano except the click-click noise only come up during full stop, move it to drive OR reverse.