Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

07 Murano clicking noise (transmission???)

cde1cde1 Member Posts: 2
I am 1.5 years in to a 3 year lease. I will greatly exceed the mileage limit and plan on purchasing the lease out. For at least the past 10k miles (vehicle has 30k miles currently) I have heard a clicking noise that I attributed to either the transmission or suspension. When accelerating or taking my foot off of the accelerator, that shift in momentum, or shift in weight dispersement, (or changing gears) creates a "click-click". I have not had any issues with acceleration and am not aware of any leaks. With no change in vehicle performance and only a clicking noise I have not contacted Nissan. Are any of you familiar with this clicking noise? Is it possible that it will lead to larger issues? Will Nissan address a clicking noise as an issue, I still have a few thousand miles under my warranty?

Also, regarding the noisy brake issue, I do have a few squeaks when I have parked outside and it has been raining. Backing out of my garage on an incline it is a louder noise when applying the break.

Thanks,

Chad

Comments

• Options
    roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    speak with your dealer, there is an issue with the adjusting nut on the front spindle. mine (2003) used to click and they adjusted it many years ago.
  • Options
    platinumbird1platinumbird1 Member Posts: 25
    Chad,

Did Nissan found the problem on your murano? I have the same issue with 05 murano except the click-click noise only come up during full stop, move it to drive OR reverse.