Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Outlander rear seat

costello1costello1 Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
I have a 07 xls Outlander and love it . I was wondering why did  Mitis put that worthless back seat in a small CUV ??  I thnk it is worthless and would rather have that space as hidden strorage space like I had on my Montero Sport . Does anyone use that seat?? My teenage son can't sit in it.

Comments

• comem47comem47 Posts: 399
    That's why I bought an '07 LS vs XLS. I didn't want all the extras like the 3rd row seats and low profile tires (it's an SUV, not a sports car and taller profile/narrower tires are better in snow and less prone to damaging rims with potholes.). Some of the XLS's also had the expensive NAV system, which I didn't want either. As for the storage space, instead of the rear seat: it's not much space but I removed the styrofoam organizer insert to gain a little more space where I've put some tools and the towing ball mount for the hitch. The storage space cover is a bit primitive in its attachment, but works for me.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 1,019
    I'm guessing they did it so they can call it a 7 passenger vehicle. The cheesy seat is pretty laughable. Maybe you could use it in a pinch. Mine does'nt have it either.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    My Grandchildren boy 9 and girl 4 love the seats.
This discussion has been closed.