Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 - Part XI

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    tickbittytickbitty Member Posts: 250
    not trying to be insulting as I know this is quite obvious, but when shifting into reverse are you holding the "lockout ring" up good and high? Have noticed when friends try to put the thing into reverse they will overlook that feature. If you are only "sort of" pulling it up I guess it could make it harder? Again, sorry if I'm being overly obvious.
  • Options
    silver_bulletsilver_bullet Member Posts: 1,339
    Vadp, I've been all over the transaxle, and I'll be darned if I can find a drain plug either - just the filler plug on the side of the casing. I suppose it is possible Ford never intended on having it drained, only topped up periodically, but it seems hard to believe. It would be difficult to get a very complete drain, but I suppose you could use an oil suction device with a flexible probe inserted through the filler hole.

Anyone else have an answer to this little mystery?
  • Options
    bjammin2bjammin2 Member Posts: 42
    I believe someone had posted earlier that the manual was lubed for life and already uses a low friction mineral oil. I have problems with gears not fully engaging too. I just hope it doesn't do any serious long term damage.

Question. Has anyone really used their z to haul things with? Do you fold down the seats often? I moved a 32" tv yesterday and found that the side with the center seatbelt would not go back up AGAIN! This is the third time. It seems the the center belt locks up and won't let me raise the seatback. The last time this happend the dealer finally had to cut the thing off. When they put a new one in and tested it, the darn thing locked up again. Am I the only one with this problem???????
  • Options
    njzx3njzx3 Member Posts: 170
    Treva... you asked where everyone was from?

I'm currently in New Jersey (also known as the "Armpit of America") but I will be leaving for Tampa, FL for a year and a half or so The weekend after labor day... assuming that the delivery date for my Z that the dealer gave me is correct..

NJ
  • Options
    tognetertogneter Member Posts: 245
    I hauled about 12 boxes of books over a mountain pass, and I've put lots of other stuff back there. I'm amazed how much I can fit.

No problems with the seat going back. My bigest problem (very minor) is that it's hard to put the trunk cover back in, 'cause it just BARELY fits through the opening. Couple of seconds of finagling...that's all.
  • Options
    mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    Well, I was just too busy driving in Chicago to catch up with you! If you have a chance to attend one of the edmundsLIVE events, do it!

I have no news from Bonnie Rick, the Town Hall Community Manager, about the Ford Focus club. I'll ask her for an update and let you know what I find out.

To continue the conversation, just click here.

carlady/host
This discussion has been closed.