Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi allroad

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    rdchrisrdchris Member Posts: 2
    I've owned a 2004 Allroad since it was new. In the last 9 months I've had both of the common problems to the tune of $4,600 worth of repair. The front air bag suspension went bad and recently my Torque Converter went out....all after only 46,000 miles. Go figure....Audi of America turned a blind eye. The car is expensive to own and the company doesn't stand behind it.........Never again.
  • Options
    allroadgalallroadgal Member Posts: 4
    please help?? just replaced the compressor, and the solenoid valve and have the arnott springs to do next but the compressor won't come on?? tried to find the self levelling system fuse. does anyone know where it is? found the 40 amp fuse under the steering wheel under a bunch of relays, is this the fuse?
  • Options
    jimleejetpilotjimleejetpilot Member Posts: 2
    This is my 3rd Audi...a new 2000 TT with few maintenance issues, a used 2001 Allroad that was totaled by a woman on the phone, and my current 2004 Allroad purchased 3 years ago with 13000 miles on it (51,000 currently). With the latest vehicle, I purchased a zero deductible after market warranty from Mercury Insurance Group (thank you Lord);

http://www.mercuryinsurance.com/agents/mechanical-breakdown.html

I have all work done at an Audi dealer, and so far in 3 years of owning this car, here are my repairs:

$400 C/V Boot replacement
    $500 rear window regulator
    $1800 power steering pump and blower motor replacement
    $2500 suspension compressor and suspension valve block
    $3300 torque converter (check engine light was on)

The Allroad is a beautiful vehicle, but I'm not impressed with this service record or Audi, for knowing about the issues with the suspension system and the torque converter seals. They do not do a very good job of standing behind their bad engineering. They make very cool cars but I'll move on to a different brand. Anyone want to buy an Allroad in GREAT condition!
  • Options
    brandog1218brandog1218 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a pristine looking 2003 Allroad but began having issues about 1 month ago. The symptom is similar to the vibration you had when riding your 10 speed bike as a kid with a warped rim. As the wheel rotated, there seemed to be one spot which caused the rim to contact the brake pad, resulting in a shimmy. On the Allroad, this shimmy becomes noticeable above 40mph and, when turning slightly at that speed or higher, also becomes noticeable to the ears. In an effort to troubleshoot, i had my mechanic replace both left and right front axles, rotors and brakepads, and have even road-force balanced the tires...still no help. Even the Audi dealership is at a loss. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    gee_allardgee_allard Member Posts: 1
    I did the very same thing this week and am experiencing the same issue. Replaced the front air springs with Arnott and installed a new compressor but the compressor does not kick on. Basic fuse (cabin, driver side panel) shows no problems.

I've read that sometimes the compressor or level censor control may need to be reset with codes. Looking into that next...
  • Options
    eaglehaslandedeaglehaslanded Member Posts: 1
    Ok everyone,

So i know it's a little early for most people to be thinking winter, but the place i'm considering buying them from has a "Christmas in July" sale going on now so i figured i should probably take advantage of it.

Anyway, the tires i'm trying to choose between are the Nokian WR-G2:
    http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8982-nokian-wr-g2-tires.aspx
    And the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R tires:
    http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8972-nokian-hakkapeliitta-r-tires.aspx

They both seem like really good tires but i'm at a loss as to which one i should get. I understand that the WR-G2 is an "all weather" tire as opposed to a purely winter tire..but i'm just wondering if the WR-G2's performance will be good enough in snow for my need...
    If anyone has had any experience driving on these tires please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated.