Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2001 mercury Villager Sport Blower Motor Issues

tater3tater3 Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Mercury
I have a 2001 Mercury villager sport. The Blower motor only works on the high speed. I have read the other blogs. But would like a more recent opion.

Thanks

Comments

• I have a 02 Mercury Villager and have replace the blower motor resistor twice!
    Would anyone know what if i have a wiring problem?
    What do i look for?
    Where do i start?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • efv921efv921 Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    I have a 2001 Quest w/ same issue, went through 3 resistors b4 asking my Nissan parts guy who suggested that the blower motor itself was bad (bearings go) changed it and solved problem. Bought new from dealer parts for @ $115. Hope it helps. PS- The motor is right next to the resistor and you have to reuse the fan blade, and you need a new resistor, you can buy those from auto parts store for @ $40. B sure to disconnect battery when installing both parts or you may blow fuses.
  • canyonsvocanyonsvo Posts: 23
    how do you make a new topic on here?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Details are in the FAQ.

Steve, visiting host
This discussion has been closed.