Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Vehicle priorities. Safety? Comfort? Or Entertainment?

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
In your next vehicle purchase, would you be more inclined to upgrade the safety, comfort or entertainment option? Or go for the base model?

Comments

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Safety, then comfort. Entertainment? That would be looking out the windows.

Unless you're going the low end $12k type of car, base model doesn't make much sense. If you're going to spend $15-20k (or more) , you may as well spend a little bit more and get some of the safety features and other goodies.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I'm with you on that, but I do like to listen to books on CD when traveling. So I'd be inclined to get the player that holds multiple CDs.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    It's a mad world out there, safety whether passive or active will always be a priority.

Mercedes, Volvo, Subaru, Honda/Acura always at the top of my list when I shop for new vehicles. :shades:
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Multi disc CD players are going away soon like the cassette player. Volvo dumped all their six disc changers for at the end of 2009 for HD radio and USB/iPod jacks.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Performance followed by Comfort. Safety is a given in all cars today. Entertainment would be my last consideration, but what luxury car doesn't have as standard equipment, some form of entertainment?
  • lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261
    In order, my priorities are:

1. Styling
    2. Comfort
    3. Performance
    4. Entertainment

Safety should already be built-in regardless of whether the car is an econo-box or luxury cruiser.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,288
    To even merit consideration, any vehicle I consider cannot be the product of a UAW plant. After that, my priorities are:

1. Performance
    2. Performance
    3. Performance
    4. Performance
    5. Comfort
    6. Entertainment
    7. Safety
    :D:D:D

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

I'm with you on that, but I do like to listen to books on CD when traveling

hmmm, that's an idea. May try that on the next family vacation to Florida. :shades:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    Does performance count as entertainment? ;)
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,288
    Does performance count as entertainment?

Good point!!!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Withing the options given:
    safety
    comfort
    entertainment a very distant 3rd
  • morin2morin2 Member Posts: 399
    The public libraries have thousands of books on CD (and cassette for the old-timers) and they can be renewed online too, if traveling beyond the due dates.
    Thanks for the tip on libraries.
  • oregonboyoregonboy Member Posts: 1,650
    Pardon me for being practical, but you seem to have ignored some major criteria like: reliability, utility, and cost to own. Entertainment? (Other than the performance aspect), not even in my top 10. :surprise:
  • joel0622joel0622 Member Posts: 3,299
    Ford is moving that way to BR. In allot of the cars now we have a single disk CD with a Juke Box option. It gives you the ability to download up to 500 songs off your exsisting CD's. Keeps from having that mess in your car too.
This discussion has been closed.