Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo S60

Comments

• Options
    lisa62lisa62 Member Posts: 7
    For anybody else interested in overseas delivery PRICES, there is a very small "click-able" menu right below the S60 description header at the OSD site. I can't believe I didn't see it the first 5 or 6 times I went there, but FYI, it's there! As for timing, I'm still curious about when orders being placed now (late March) are scheduled to be built. Thanks.
  • Options
    thequillthequill Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all who responded to my query about Consumer Reports' view of the S60. Ironically, the only Volvo recommended by CR in its Cars 2002 issue is the S40, yet the scuttlebutt among mechanics at Volvo dealerships is that the S40 has reliability problems. Go figure.
    thequill
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    If you need information on Volvo OSD the best place to go is the message board at Volvospy.com (vvspy.com). Post your questions under the General topic heading and ask Steve (a Volvo salesman in the Carolina area who specializes in OSD) for his assistance. This gentlemen is amazingly helpful and is constantly posting answers to OSD questions. He has answered a number of mine including how leasing is handled on OSD and time limits for ordering and picking up, etc.

I myself am in southeastern Michigan but am not a Volvo owner yet. A friend recently bought an S80 at Dwyer but has not taken it in for service yet so no feedback.

Good luck in your research.
  • Options
    lisa62lisa62 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, cayennered1, for the tips. Very helpful! And by the way, I landed at Dwyer, too. Was there today for my test drive, in fact. And luckily for me, they were unloading an S60 2.4 spec'd out exactly how I wanted it just as we were arriving! There it was, my 426 Silver Metallic w/Graphite interior - 16" Mimas alloys, prem pckg, automatic, and cold weather. I couldn't believe it! I didn't get to test drive that, but did test another one equipped just like it. I go pick it up 4/4 -- can't wait!!!! Thank you for the OSD tips & name of your friend's dealer. Much appreciated. Happy motoring...
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    Looks like you've decided to forego OSD for grabbing that Silver with Graphite they were unloading

I have experience with the identical car that you're looking at as I rented one in South Florida in December. 2.4, Silver with Graphite, Premium, Auto, Mimas. The thing that most impressed me about the car was the seating comfort. I can't ever remember experiencing such comfortable seats. Hope you get a good deal and the best of luck.
  • Options
    cmnottcmnott Member Posts: 200
    Just wondering. I checked out my S60 T5 that is getting tinted and I pick it up April 2, and was wondering when do the light under the side mirrors come on? Maybe because the car was not PDI'd yet they didn't work. Is that something that works when you hit the "unlock" key or when the key goes into the lock?

Also, I just noticed that the turn signals are amber, I thought they were red like the Taillight, or did I not see it all along?

Thanks and obviously very eager to get into my T5.
  • Options
    desaljsdesaljs Member Posts: 24
    cmnott,

The mirror lights on the S60 are part of a system called "approach lighting". They are activated, along with parking lights and interior lights, from the remote control. You push a yellow button and all these lights come on. Very handy when you approach the car at night and also in the garage to help you find your way. They go off in about 30 seconds, or you can hit the button again to shut them off. Very nice safety feature.
  • Options
    t5obsessedt5obsessed Member Posts: 1
    Dear Fellow enthusiasts:

Thanks so much for all of your comments and encouragements about VOLVO. My car arrived on Friday and I promptly placed the for sale sign in my 1995 Nissan.

I waited quite a bit for this car. I bought a Silver w/Taupe T5 with Geartronic, audio max, Almathea Wheels, basically all options except Nav. Bought it through broker who used a local dealer and I was very impressed by the dealer.

I love the car...I do have one ? This is the first car with 17 X7.5 I have ever owned. The ride is a bit jiggly in 50-60's. 70's-90 is awesome. Is this a balance problem or a sports performance tire.....It came with P6 PIRELLIS...Thoughts anyone? T5 owners...fill me in on anything I should know....
  • Options
    cesimscesims Member Posts: 12
    You might want to check the tire pressures on your car. Like you, when I first got my car, it felt very jiggly at anything over, say 50mph. All four tires were 38psi at delivery.

If you check the gas cap, you will see that Volvo recommends 38psi for a full load and 29psi for a minimal load in the car. I changed to 32 psi and the car felt as I thought it should all along with good grip and enough air in the tires that I didn't fear too much for my rims. I have found that my T5 is very sensitive to tire pressures and experimenting with 33psi in front and 31psi rear has yielded a ride with a lot of grip in the back, making hard turns a lot of fun. And very un-fwd like. Try it and see if you see the same results.
  • Options
    T5obsessed, I think the Audio Max is probably the best system I have ever heard in the calibre of car. I have it too and couldn't possibly fathom upgrading it. If you have the Sport Suspension, the ride will be firm, that's for sure. The P6 Pirellis are very highly rated as far as all-seasons are concerned, but I got a credit for my Pirellis and went with Dunlop SP8000s instead. I will let you know how it feels once I get it. I WILL GET MY T5 IN ONE HOUR!

cesims, thanks for the interesting tip on the tire pressure, I will certainly take that into account.
  • Options
    palpatine_uspalpatine_us Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have 0-60 times for the 2.4 vs 2.4t?
    Auto tranny for both.

I tried to find it, but to no avail.
  • Options
    According to Edmund's the 2.4T will do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.
  • Options
    Picked it up yesterday and it was positively gleaming after a fresh coat of wax. I was amazed at how "metallic" the Black Sapphire was, and the interior's smell of leather made me high...nearly had to pull over. My clothes smell of leather, my body, my garage, my neighborhood...heck, it is very strong! A little bothersome, no biggie.

After going through all the yada yada for pickup, I was off. Just love the seats and the car left the exact impression as it did during test drives, and with the windows tined, the car was getting some stares. I bet they had to check twice when they saw Volvo on the bumper!

The same impression that lasts and already annoys is the extremely short 1st gear for my manual tranny. It is just so short that it flies off the line. It will take getting used to... I did come from the long geared '99 Mustang GT.

Everything else is fantastic. The HU-803 is unbeleivable. The only niggling effect is that damn Multilink transmitter. I just can't get it to work because my garage doors have the rolling code, so I have to figure it out, or else just forget it altogether.

Watching the video it came with just gives you more appreciation at the engineering behind this car.

I will let you know how this car teethes...just curious, the dealer said there is no "break-in" period because they are ready to go once delivered. Sounds fishy, maybe I should just take it easy for a thousand K, or so?
  • Options
    Congrats on the new ride! I have had mine for around six months now and the grin factor is still high.

I thought that it was strange for there to be no official break-in, but I too decided to take it easy for the first 1.5k miles. I admit to hitting the rev limiter a time or two though.

I should be taking my car in for 7500k service next month. I plan to have the drl turned off and have the autolock turned on for the doors.
  • Options
    stlmo1stlmo1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any experience using the Volvo load bars for the S60. I'm wanting to replace my truck mounted bike rack that I used on my old car with one that fits on top the roof.
  • Options
    Over a week with my new T5 and I love it. Although I am breaking it in gently, it is damn comfy doing so. Just turn up the amazing sound system, let the seats coddle you, and it is very easy to break it in. On a half tank, i got 360km (225mi) of mostly city driving and am very impressed. With that kind of mileage, putting in premium will be a lot easier to swallow.

May I recommend to all S60 owners, most notable those with T5 and Sport susp. to get rid of the all-seasons...NOW! I spent a week with my P6s which were surprisingly good for an all-season. Whisper quiet. That's about it. The tires give out WAY before the suspension does. Not anymore. Just put on 235/45/ZR17 Dunlop SP 8000s and it truly feels like a sports sedan. The ride is now firmer (before it felt too comfy for a Sports Sedan), and the steering feels more substantial (less light, more feel), braking is now ridiculously strong. Although I got a credit for my Pirellis, SP 8000s can be had very cheap through Tirerack.

To make sure the tires "seat" properly, had to take it on the highway to verify any vibrations...they had a hell of a time putting the tires on. Unbeleivable thrust in 3rd and 4th. I can honestly say that, coming from a Mustang GT (99), if you cannot hear the engine (with the stereo cranked), this car has a V8. No other car I tested (A4 3.0, 330i, X-Type 3.0) felt like this. You had to rev the crap out of them. This car has V8, stump-pulling power and most notably torque.

Anyway, just thought for those who need to replace tires or like to get more out of their Volvo, put on summer tires, you will not regret it!
  • Options
    twilliatwillia Member Posts: 29
    I am considering buying a Volvo S60 2.4T. Right now I own an Acura 3.2TL. Living in Arizona, a concern I have is how well does the air conditioning in a Volvo S60 2.4T perform. Is there anyone out there who lives in Arizona, owns a Volvo S60 2.4T and can tell me how well the air conditioning performs?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Hello - I live in FL, and I am impressed with the AC. The car seems to blow cold air within a minute or so. Right now it is 90 and 90 percent humidity, but the car totally cools down within minutes. You will be impressed.
  • Options
    srassamsrassam Member Posts: 1
    I've leased my Volvo S60 2.4 base model in July 2001. I really like my car so much, it has enough of the features I look for. The Stability Traction Control (STC) system works well on ice and snow to maintain the car on track despite annoying engine retardation. The trans Winter mode works well on ice and snow. The ride is very good and the seats are very comfortable. Enough said, I am debating whether to buy the car at the end of the 36-Month lease, but I was told that the extended warranty would cost half as much if I decide within a year from my lease inception to own the car than to purchase the warranty at the end ($2,000 vs $4,000 at the end).

I am tempted to drive either the S60 AWD or the amazing T5 after my current lease expires.

Any ideas which decision is wiser!!!!

1) Buy out my current base model after lease end, and pay a minimum of $2,000 now for an extended warranty?

2) Renew my lease with a new AWD? Is it worth it versus the T5 which is at a slightly higher price tag than the AWD, and significantly more power?

3) Buy a used T5 after my lease expires?
  • Options
    goverendgoverend Member Posts: 1
    Are these controls necessary or that desirable? As best I can tell, they added the automatic control midway through the 2001 season.

I am looking at a used 2001 S60. Should I hold out for this feature, since it is not on many 2001 models? thanks!
  • Options
    Since I drive a lot by myself, having the headrests go down helps a lot in rear viewing. When someone sits in the back you notice that it doesn't make a huge difference anyway.

But hey, people think it is cool!
  • Options
    xmf314xmf314 Member Posts: 154
    I always put mine down when there are no passengers in the back. It gives a little more rearward vision, but not a great deal more.
  • Options
    bfrichbfrich Member Posts: 1
    has anyone else experienced this? you're sitting at a traffic light for about 30 seconds, and you watch your tach drop drop drop until it's well below 1, then the car hicups and snaps the rpms back up to about 1.25. this process could repeat up to 3 times at one red light. volvo (in bethesda, MD) told me they've heard about it, but the manufacturer hasn't put out the download yet to fix it. curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and what their dealer told them. mine is a 2001 2.4T by the way.
  • Options
    jrosasmcjrosasmc Member Posts: 1,711
    Is the base 168-hp 2.4-liter engine in the '02 S60 still the same old aluminum-block unit like my '93 850 GLT? I'm wondering if all the S60 engines are still all-aluminum like Volvo's 2.9 straight-sixes. I do know that their last all cast-iron engine was the old 2.3-liter I-4 in the 940.
  • Options
    t6tolert6toler Member Posts: 19
    BFRICH: I have had a similar intermittent problem (2001 S80 T6) where at a stop the idle drops and it seems like the engine is gonna die and then it hiccups and is fine. This has only happened on two occasions and will only happen once, not repeatedly, at a stop. The car has never actually died and it hasn't happened since November 2001. Curiously though, your idle rpm sounds very high. Your car should idle around 750rpms after warmed and only about 1,000rpms at cold startup, never at 1,250rpms.

JROSASMC: The basic aluminum blocks are the same, but have been modified through the years to improve efficiency and to reduce internal friction. For the 2002 model year all five and six cylinder engines have been extensively reworked to again improve efficiency and reduce exhaust emissions as per upcoming regulations. I don't know about the normally aspirated and the light turbo fives, but the T5 is now classified as ULEV.
  • Options
    peeetepeeete Member Posts: 136
    There is a dealer in northern NJ that sells used Volvos that were owned by Boston COach (Bostoncoach.com). This is a high-end corp exec limo serivce. They keep them for less than a year, put about 20K on them..and the dealer resells them with volvo certification (so about 4.5 yr warranty). 2001's are under 30K for S80, V70 and S60. Any thoughts about if this is a good deal? Im concerned about the usage, but the boston coach site states that they cars are cleaned daily, and kept well maintained (dont need a dead car with a CO in in )!. Comments please!
  • Options
    nikiblue1nikiblue1 Member Posts: 44
    I just came back from test driving s60 AWD. The car drives very nice, BUT all the options that I want are not even available on AWD. Basically according to the dealer, If I want DSTC, fog lights, navigation system, and the wheels that my wife and I like we have to go with T5. BUT T5 is not available in AWD. For $40k+ vehicle I better have fog lights, and rims, and navigation system. The dealer stated that s60 always comes like that.
    Now what is up with only offering geartronic transmission with s60 AWD. That's more things to break down. So if I want AWD, I have to go buy my own fog lights, upgrade to the rims that I like, go and purchase my own navigation system (I don't really need that one), and get stock with that "manual" tranny. The volvo website states that DSTC, navigation system is an option, but fog lights and reg. 5 speed auto tranny is not an option. The dealer was not very helpfull. (Cerritos Dealer in CA). Very, Very dissappointed.
  • Options
    zavfejzavfej Member Posts: 13
    Volvo had their national HQ in Rockleigh NJ till recently (relo to California I think) so it makes sense. I actually purchased an S60 2.4T that the President of the company used for a while - and I am extremely satisfied. I bought it from a family member of one of his staff privately and got a very good deal. The nice thing is that the exec cars are usually loaded with the expensive options. Mine has the Navigation system and the super high end audio system - both things I likely would have not been able to afford in a new car - as well as all three 'packages'. This one had 11K miles
    and is really like new.
    My experience has been very good.
  • Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    where you hear that? Volvo web site still shows NJ as national HQ.............
  • Options
    peter101peter101 Member Posts: 1
    Got an invitation in the mail to drive the S60 at FedEx field (Redskins stadium) this weekend. It's called Volvo Fire and Ice Driving Experience. Has anyone been to this? How was it? According to the website the event will be in D.C. and Boston the next 4 weekends. Go to www.volvocars.com/drive for more details.
  • Options
    ferris47ferris47 Member Posts: 131
    I have a friend with a new/used Volvo S60 and she has some kind of a change oil light that comes on when service is recommended. She has had the service done but would like to know how to have the light turned off.

Am I making any sense here? I don't own a Volvo myself and haven't actually tinkered with hers as yet so don't flame me if this is something extremely easy.

Thanks

Chris
  • Options
    KawiKawi Member Posts: 14
    srassam mentioned the "engine retardation" the STC causes while engaged. Personally I like to turn it off during enthusiastic driving or when I have to cut through traffic. Has anyone else noticed the improved handling and acceleration when it's off? It could be just my imagination but I think the steering is more precise when it is off. Also it has better pick-up (I have a T5 as well by the way). However, could it be possible I could harm the system by turning it off all the time? The manual only suggests turning it off when you have to ride on the spare. Any thoughts on this?
  • Options
    Well, on my T5 I have DSTC, similar to the STC and I am like you, when I want to drive aggressively, I shut it off. It does absolutely no harm at all, it is pretty much the car in its purest form. While I find the DSTC and the traction control to be very smooth compared to others I have tried, I do notice that throttle response is much better with it off, especially in first and second gear...the car really wants to move.

The manual suggest to keep it on for "safety" reasons. The steerin feel better as well because the drive now controls the understeer and can change inputs to combat the torque steer which is more effective in the hands of a skilled driver, for sure.
  • Options
    xmf314xmf314 Member Posts: 154
    To turn the S60 service light off do the following:

1) key off
    2) press and hold tripmeter reset button
    3) turn key to position 2 for 10-12 seconds
    4) when "service" light flashes
    5) release button and remove key
    6) done
  • Options
    jgmiller9jgmiller9 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all - I very close to buying my first Volvo, and I had two questions for the group.

1. Has anyone done any comparisons with the S60 for the AWD vs FWD option? I live in Minnesota, so the AWD option seems nice, but I have gone the last two winters in a car with just FWD with no problems. Also, I have not been able to do a test drive in the AWD model (in snow or otherwise), so I curious if anyone thinks the AWD is worth it.

2. Has anyone who purchased their vehicle through the Overseas Purchase Program been able to do any price negotiation? I met someone who purchased a BMW 5-series through their Overseas program, and they were able to get an additional $1-2K off the price. That was in addition to the already discounted Overseas price. I was curious if anyone had been able to do the same with Volvos.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The Town Hall is about to take on a new look in an effort to make content more easily searchable and accessible.

Have you seen the Letter from the Town Hall Manager on the Town Hall Welcome page? If not, you might want to follow that link to have a look.

And hang on to your seats. Change is never easy - for any of us - but resolving the Search problems we've had will be worth the pain.

Pat
    Sedans Host

(Your host who is thrilled that the spamming is almost over !!!)
  • Options
    robmtrobmt Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any issues of stalling right after starting the car? My wife has had it happen a bunch of times and Volvo said it is fine. I have a feeling that it is the octane. The dealer said to use 87 octane, but the manual says to use premium. She said it generaly happens when pulling out of a parking spot after being parked for a while, not at a red light or stop sign.

Also, my dealer promised stuff and never delivered. I thought this type of selling was passee.
  • Options
    bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    Want to know if I got a good deal. Leased a 2002 S60 2.4T...Black Metallic paint with dark charcoal leather inside..Beautiful combination. It has the Premium Package, Touring Package, Geartronic Shift, 17" Tethys Wheels and I think that is all the extras. I leased it for 39 months with 15,000 miles allowed annually. I came up with a total of $1,050 at start including first month, tax and tag plus whatever else you want to attribute the total of $1,050 to. My payments are $427/month plus tax. Is this a decent deal? I could have got the car without metallic paint, 16" wheels and no "geartronic" for $415/month plus tax, too. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    velotacovelotaco Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a 2002 S60 2.4T demo with about 4600 miles on it. Since I've had the car, I've noticed a strange engine noise at very slow speeds (less than 10 MPH). The noise kicks in periodically and only lasts for about five seconds. It's sort of a whooshing/grinding sound that I can only hear with the radio and A/C off. All I can think of is that might be the turbo spinning at low rpm's, or some type of fan kicking in. But it doesn't sound normal The car does not do it at idle or at normal driving speeds. Only during stop and go traffic speed.

Anyone else experiancing anything like this or have any ideas??

Thanks,

taco
  • Options
    esp63esp63 Member Posts: 27
    By comparison, I have 2.4t, platinum green, gt, premium,touring, tethys on a 48 month lease with 12k per year. I didn't have to put anything up front and VFNA picked up my first payment(this seems to be a standard practice, they did it on my s70 back in '99). That makes 47 payments of $437 tax included. I figure that 48 months of use is costing me $427.89 a month tax included. Using my local sales tax rate of 6%, your deal would've cost me about $467 per month. I have 9 more months of depreciation built into my deal so the depreciation per month is a little lower(depreciation decelerates over time). I'd say you did well, especially considering that you got yourself into a great car. I've been in mine since the beginning of the year and love it.
  • Options
    bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    Yes...We shopped around for the deal. We were not former Volvo owners so no loyalty there. And, I figured the $1,050 that I came up with at start covered 1rst, tax, tag, etc...
    It is actually my brothers car. I just got the deal for him. I was looking to get the exact car for myself back in March but the car was too small in the back seat for me. I wound up getting the new 2002 Audi A6 with the CVT engine. But, the Volvo drives real nice. We also looked at the Acura TL S model. Great power but what an ugly car (especially on the inside).
    Thanks for confirming my own thoughts that we got a pretty good deal on the Volvo. By the way, stopped in un-announced at a local dealer, Warren Henry Motors, in N Miami Beach. The salesman gave me a price quote for the same 39 months, with only 16" wheels, no geartronic, but Premium Package and Touring Package, he just threw a number at me of $487/month plus tax. I can't even print here where I told him to go. If you live in the south Florida area, don't go to Warren Henry. They are way overpriced. Go to Borton Volvo in Delray Beach. Nicer people to deal with and they'll work with you on the price.
  • Options
    avolvofanavolvofan Member Posts: 358
    If you have been driving the car with 87 octane gas, you could have a build-up of carbon on the intake valves. If your stalling problem is due to carbon build-up, after the carbon deposits are removed, I would suggest using Chevron premium. According to Chevron, their product has the highest amount of detergent of any refiner.
  • Options
    I have recently taken delivery of a 2002 S-60 AWD in Black with Taupe/Light Taupe interior. After 500 miles, I have the following comments:

Highs

+ The seats are phenomenal. I doubt if any other manufacturer
    has better seats (not Lexus, MB, BMW, or any one else)
    + The ride is better than a 70 series (which was pretty good).
    Adding 3 inches to the wheelbase does make a difference.
    + The body style is a continuation of the trend away from the
    boxy tank that Volvo used to be known for.
    + The engine is peppy (I have not pushed it since I am still
    breaking in the engine)

Lows

- The tires (I have had 5 previous Volvos and each one had
    Michelins); I had the dealer remove the Pirrelli's and install
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.
    - The HU-613 stereo. While the HU-613 is okay, the HU-803 is
    better. Volvo should allow U.S. spec'd. AWDs to be ordered
    with the HU-803. I have a C-70 with the ProLogic and it is
    awesome.

Net, net, I am very happy with the car and would highly recommend the S-60 AWD.
  • Options
    robmtrobmt Member Posts: 2
    I think I may have been too vague. The car is a 2002 Volvo S60 with about 11,000 miles. I'm not sure there would be carbon buildup so soon, but then again, maybe that is why they recommend premium gas. If you think carbon buildup is still possible, do you recommend fuel injector cleaner?
  • Options
    Are they beauties in black? I have a T5 black/black...what do you think of the Black Saphire? I wasn't really crazy about it, but the metallic does look great in direct sunlight.

I also swapped the Pirellis in favour of Dunlop SP8000s. BIG difference! When I did have the Pirellis for the first 500kms, they were very quiet but clearly not up to the task of keeping up with the suspension tuning (sport susp.).
  • Options
    esp63esp63 Member Posts: 27
    I found that the Volvo Dealers in S. Florida vary greatly in their sales approach. I had good service experiences(s70) with Borton and almost leased my s60 through them. Then I found a better deal(numbers) at Volvo Palm Beach. In hindsight, it may not have been worth it because they did a lousy job of prepping the car and they're too far from my home to establish a longterm service relationship. Plantation Volvo was the typical shell-game experience. Gold Coast was very rigid- they let me walk away rather than negotiate with me. Then they called a month later to let me know about their great "news"(too late). Their service has been alright but we'll see. I've only been there once to have a tire replaced(unpatchable puncture). They hit me for $300!

I had considered the A6 but Audi wasn't really running any deals at the time. The TL type S was my othter option but it truly is a Honda with a tricked out engine. I'm still quite happy to have chosen the 2.4T. Just wish they had gone with a multi-disc changer in the head unit.

On the topic of replacing tires, I hit a small pothole last week while changing lanes. The rim tore a hole in the front tire's side-wall and rear tire developed a bubble when it tracked through the same hole. I bought 2 more p6's through tire rack. I was tempted to switch brands but didn't want to throw away the other 2 virtually new tires. I think that if I had it to do over again, I'd have taken a credit on the p6's and had Dunlop or Michelins put on. I'm figuring the tires will be worn out in another year or two anyway, so I'll do it then...
  • Options
    Your Volvo's handling dynamics will dramatically improve. I don't know why they even have all-season tires in Florida anyways, a very good summer tire will be awesome in the wet...and I don't think you have to worry about snow!
  • Options
    desaljsdesaljs Member Posts: 24
    I have a 2001 S60 2.4T and so far have been very happy with it. The only real issues until about a week ago were the key fob problem (sticking buttons that caused irratic alarm and door locking function) and a strange idle surge that I am still trying to sort out.

I went to open my door from inside the vehicle and the mechanism broke!! Not the type of item that often fails. Dealer did a quick fix the first time, but that failed the same day. More formal repair attempted a few days later, but they realized that the wrong parts were ordered and it needs to go back again. I expect this to be resolved soon and the dealer was very concerned about 3 trips to fix the problem. They offered to provide me with my next service free of charge to compensate me for my time and trouble. We'll see...................
  • Options
    The Saphire just does not compare to the basic black (my humble opinion). I would have gone for the sport suspension; however, it was not available with the AWD. I was looking for the benefits of both the Haldex AWD and DSTC, and so, my choice was the AWD. Happy motoring!
  • Options
    Based on your descriptions (e.g. 11K miles, 87 octane fuel use), I would suspect carbon build-up even more. My experience with carbon build-up was at 10K miles (and I was using Shell premium at the time). If there is carbon build-up, the repair involves running the engine with a special cleaning solution connected to the fuel injection pump. You could try purchasing one of the fuel injector cleaner additives and running it; however, I doubt you will get any results. The carbon build-up will be significant if it is the cause of the stalling. I have been running Chevron Premium ever since my experience with carbon build-up and no problems. If Chevron is not available in your area, Exxon/Mobil and Texaco Premium were also mentioned in the Technical Service Bulletin that I was shown by the service department. I hope that this helps.