Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo S60

Comments

• Options
    capn1capn1 Member Posts: 1
    I see allot of postings from prospective buyers, which is great - now lets get information from those of us who've already purchased one. This car has been great, I've put almost 7k miles on since end of November. The car does very well in snow, rides great, feels solid and looks good. But like all Volvo's, it has it's share of rattles and noise. Anyone else have these problems - screaching noise in front end when first moving; puffing sound out of front passenger tire(shock)when hitting a bump; funny noise out of driver door speaker; cargo moving sound from back (even if there is no cargo) when starting from a dead stop?

Now, I anticipated problems when I bought this car - it's a Volvo after all. And these aren't a big deal. I bought the car for one primary reason - it's a Volvo - and it's safe. Anyone looking to buy any Volvo has to expect some little stuff.
  • Options
    halgoslinghalgosling Member Posts: 1
    To Capn1and others: I bought a base model S60 with the Intro Package in December. I am very happy with theS60. Its ride is firm but comfortable and the mileage has been averaging a minimum of 23 MPG combined Freeway and City. Road trips nudge 40 MPG at that is usually at 70-80 MPH which seems a comfortable speed for the car. I love the interior and the sound system is great. The best feature has been the dual climate control; girl fiend likes it warm and I like it cool so we are both very comfortable. I had some initial little noises coming from the center console which have gone away, but there is that ocassional thump coming from the trunk like cargo is shifting. Can't imagine why one would need to get a Turbo model, the base model is peppy enough. I drive girl friend's 318 Beemer. It has better road feel but the S60 has more interior room and is a little more up scale. Besides, Beemers are commonplace in So Cal.
  • Options
    tensortensor Member Posts: 25
    I have had my s60 2.4T since January, and I am very happy with it. Just over 4K miles so far and nothing has gone wrong with it to speak of except the remote locks needed reprogramming once. I find the car to be very quiet and responsive. It was great in the snow this winter, and I haven't noticed any unusual noises. The stereo is fantastic, though, and may drown some of them out. I do mostly highway driving and can get 28 mpg easily.
  • Options
    david167david167 Member Posts: 1
    I just recently obtained a S60 2.4T. Prior to the S60, I was involved in a very serious car accident. I have two young children and I wanted a safe but sporty car. This fit the need.

I have had no problems with the car. I have been impressed with the pick-up, ride and brakes. No rattles or thumping. I have found that there is understeer when I push its limits (which I rarely do). The interior has a nice, refined feel to it, and the stereo is different but once I read the owner's manual, I had no problems.

This car is different from the BMW and Lexus. Basically, it doesn't have the true sports car feel that the BMW has, but it won't punish you like the BMW does with daily driving. It has a more luxurious feel than the Lexus and I think it looks better inside and out. The Mercedes was a bit too pricey (selling for MSRP plus) in my area so I didn't even look at it.

All in all, I couldn't be more satisfied. It has been a fun car to drive as a highway/city hybrid and the trunk space makes long weekend trips with my family easy. (I couldn't do this with the BMW trunksize).
  • Options
    clscflmclscflm Member Posts: 71
    Can someone direct me to a little more information on the S60 Tour? The web site doesn't seem to have any details (or I'm not looking in the right place). Is it interactive or only performance demonstrations? Is it buyer-friendly or is the "hard sell" applied? I'm in LA and it seems they're coming here soon, so if anyone could get me information quickly, I'd appreciate it. IA
  • Options
    greenguygreenguy Member Posts: 78
    Volvo want even on site, at least what I saw (or dint) Very interactive, they had video glasses that showed a commercial. They had all sorts of stuff, VERY top notch. It was put on by some testing company, I think it was UMCI testing.
    That event was more elaborate than the BTW event I went to 1 week later.
  • Options
    klkrauseklkrause Member Posts: 96
    I just drove my first S60. It was a silver, automatic T5. I was quite impressed. Overall, I was very impressed with the interior fit-and-finish and the comfort of the seats.

I was a little disappointed with the body-roll and turbo lag, but still had favorable driving impressions ... 247hp moves pretty well!

The demo vehicle I drove also had the upgraded stereo, which I liked. The sound was nice and I can see cruising the highway with the volume cranked way up!

I just can't make up my mind which car I want ... there are way too many from which to pick!
  • Options
    spridledogspridledog Member Posts: 63
    I am seriously considering buying a T5 w/manual, but I'm a bit concerned with Volvo quality/reliability. I've never owned a Volvo before, but I really like the S60's styling, power, seats, safety and Audiomax stereo. I'm real curious about how reliable people's S60's have been (or not been). Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated..Thanks.
  • Options
    pmvipmvi Member Posts: 63
    I had some concerns about this as well, but still ended up ordering one. So far there are no major problems reported---but the car has only been out for 5-6 months. I do expect the car to be at least as reliable as a BMW, but don't expect it to be as good as many Japanese cars.
  • Options
    volvogrlvolvogrl Member Posts: 1
    Spridledog - In my experience, the worst problems Volvo owners have revolve around a misunderstanding of how the Volvo operates. The responsibility for that lies as much in the hands of the salesperson as the owner not reading the owners manual. For instance, the "check engine" light will come on if one doesn't screw the gas cap on tight enough. Go figure.
    With an average ownership of seventeen years, and more than a dozen units still going strong with more than a million miles on their original engines, I don't see any question in the Volvo track record. Rest easy. You will never own a safer, finer car with a better equipment value. Volvo has finally "broken out of the box", thank goodness. Now their biggest hurdle is to acheive the "elite" status of the BMW and Merc.
    I was lucky enough to go to the Revolvolution Launch in December. We compared the Volvo S60, BMW 325i and Audi A4. In every area, the Volvo surpassed them. Enjoy your new Volvo!
  • Options
    According to Volvo's S60 brochure, there is an optional "T5 Sport Suspension", with re-calibrated shocks and thicker anti-roll bars. At first, I thought ALL T5's came with this, but I guess that's not true. As far as I can tell, none of the automotive web sites show this as an available option, however. Has anybody out there actually driven a T5 with this option? How does it handle/ride? How much does this option cost? Car and Driver, in the 1/01 issue, test drives an S60 T5, but never indicates in the article which suspension the test car had, standard or sport. My local dealer has not yet seen a T5 with this mystery option - has yours? Any insight would be appreciated, as I think I may be ordering a T5 with 5-speed soon.
  • Options
    graham24t1graham24t1 Member Posts: 5
    I've got a 2.4T with only 1.5k on it. I've had two problems thus far: 1) After being out of town for 3 days, it took four tries to start it. 2) Annoying interior noises, particularly when the car is cold and warming up in the morning. Dealer was able to fix #1, it was a problem with the alarm system. Dealer tried to fix #2, but the noises still occur. I'll drive it for a while and hope they go away as the car breaks in. I'm very pleased with the performance, handling and all other aspects. It was a good choice. Not as refined and smooth as a japanese car, but much more sporty looking and safe!

Anybody have similar interior noise problems? Any advice?
  • Options
    competitor2competitor2 Member Posts: 6
    In response to post #356, based on some friends experience in Phoenix, there was no dealer personnel in attendance, some factory representation (but only to answer questions), plenty of hands-on high performance drive time in S60s. The Los Angeles event is this weekend (3/31 - 4/1). You can register via the web at: http://www.volvocars.com/revolvolutiontour/

They said the event was very upscale and really changed their impressions about Volvo. Good luck.
  • Options
    cavsctcavsct Member Posts: 2
    Wanted to drop a thanks to everyone... first time to this forum and have picked up a lot of great information. I narrowed my choices down to the 325i or the S60T5 and I think I'm going with the S60. I'm lucky in that I'm U.S. military in Germany and I get my purchase tax-free with some discounts. Whaddya think about this deal?

S60T5 with the Manual (Spaceball)-- $28200
    Touring Package-- $550
    Sport Leather Seats-- $1300
    Cold Weather Package-- $450
    17" Wheels-- $500
    Rebate-- -$565

Total-- $30,435

Plus, my wife and I will go to Sweden to pick it up on the boat trip... good deal?

I know this is subjective, but what other options do you think I'll kick myself later for not getting? Can't quite justify the nav system, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
  • Options
    drewsrxdrewsrx Member Posts: 57
    For those of you who might be interested, there is someone at SwedeSpeed who had a Nokia Hands Free Car Kit installed in their S60. It is fully integrated into the cars audio speaker system which automatically mutes when there is an incoming call.

Nokia Hands Free Car Kit in S60
  • Options
    mike1123mike1123 Member Posts: 2
    I own a Volvo s60 2.4 non turbo with auto, intro and winter packages in ash gold. Paid $29,600.
    I compared it to the acura tl, bmw 325, audi a4, mercedes c240 and lexus es300.

What I like about the car:

1. Styling- I've always loved the styling of the s80 and I think the s60 looks even better.

2. Comfort- I've driven lots of cars and when it comes to long distance comfort, the volvo seats are the best. This Car is EXTREMELY comfortable.

- The S60 seats are infinitely adjustable and with the tilt/tele wheel it is easy to get into a supremely comfortable all day driving position.

3. Value- Many people claim Volvos are expensive but the value of the S60 is quite good. The acura TL is a little better, but the Acura doesn't offer the whiplash reducing seats or the side inflatable curtains. All the other cars BMW, Audi, Benz were about 3-4 k more expensive when equiped with close to the same options.

4. The handling of the car. The Volvo really feels sporty and unlike volvo's I've driven in the past, This car is actually fun to drive on twisty back roads....fast.

5. Safety...This car feels very substantial...All of the advanced safety features and Volvo's pre-testing on crashworthiness and focus on safety add a peace of mind that I might actually survive a bad accident....unless I get run over by one of those monster 7000 pound SUV's

6. Front Wheel drive. I live in the hilly Northeast and rear wheel drive cars are best left at home when the snow falls. I really considered going with the 325 or the 240, but I have several friends who have been stuck so many times, they are considering buying a second car for the winter.

7. Power...believe it or not the base 168 hp engine is no slouch. If you are a drag racer go with the turbo or t-5. If you drive with passengers or kids, you'll be fine.

What I don't like about the car:

The rear seat leg room was reduced from the older s70 model which the s60 replaces.
    -it's not terrible, but it would be nice to have more rear seat stretch room. It's on par with the c class and the bmw 3 series.

-the armrest should be covered in leather or fabric, rather than plastic.

-the brakes are very strong almost too strong and take an adjustment period to modulate properly...on the plus side, this car stops...fast.

Other than that I am very pleased with my s60.

-
  • Options
    glaxglax Member Posts: 10
    Glad you really enjoy your car, and the S60 certainly has its strong points, but I don't see how anyone could objectively state that it handles better than an A4, 325 or the C240. The new issue of Consumer Reports even questions whether the S60 should be considered a sports sedan.
    I drove it quite a bit when I was test driving and I thought it handled very nicely but give me a 325 on a windy road any day.
  • Options
    c702000c702000 Member Posts: 39
    I agree the other cars might have little on handling. I have auto crossed with my C70 against the BOW's and won. Think that handling is great, but a lot depends on the driver. You can have the best handling car in the world, but it's not much good if you do not know how to drive. Have just bought the S60t and just might try auto cross and just see if I'm right. For all those people who think they can drive, trying an auto cross, then you know, besides it's a lot of fun and great people. cheaper than racing........
  • Options
    mike1123mike1123 Member Posts: 2
    I chose the s60 for its overall performance over the audi a4 and others. I agree the a4, particularly the quattro 2.8 handles better than the s60. However, the back seat of the audi was too small to accomodate a rear facing infant seat. That crossed it off my list. Don't get me wrong... I really liked all the cars I considered. The S60 just fit me best.
  • Options
    cavsctcavsct Member Posts: 2
    Well, I bought the T5!!! I will pick it up at the factory in Sweden the first weekend after the 12th of June! At the last minute, I went ahead and bought the geartronic. Will report back after I get it!
  • Options
    croocroo Member Posts: 1
    I've had my 2.4T for 4.5 weeks. This sound showed up in first week. It originates in the area of the (Passenger-side) glovebox(behind?)/pillar/air vent and it is extraordinarily ANNOYING and BOTHERSOME. It sounds like a gear-grind or tumbler turning combined with a slight click. It occurs when the climate control system is NOT on Auto, and when the fan control (manual) is OFF. I've been in to the dealer 4 times, and gone home with a loaner 4 times. We even drove another S60 2.4T they had on the lot....no noises. They've tried 2 "fixes", neither of which have worked. The last time I got it back, (after they'd replaced a blower motor) it began making the same noise on the way home. I called the dealership owner when I got home. He said they'd fixed it and that the sound is imperceptable. Took it in again, they kept it a day (saying that the Service Mgr. would handle it through the Regional Volvo rep., which they didn't do), called me and said that it's "normal operational noise". They say that it's the vents of the climate control system constantly "adjusting" (based on the sensor on the dash near the climate control knobs). So if it is constantly adjusting, why does it stop "adjusting" when the car comes to a stop. Also, the noise increases in frequency as you speed up. This noise is either wind-inflow or in-motion-distance related. Yet they won't believe me and expect me to listen to it forever. I can hear this noise over the stereo. I can hear it even over when there's lots of road-related noise. It only occurs when the car is moving. Never when at dead stop. This noise is like a Chinese water-torture thing. I will NOT drive this car for the next 10 years with this as a "normal operational noise". The rest of the car is nice, but this experience for the first month of owning a brand new car is overriding the "initial joy" of getting a new car and enjoying the experience of it's newness. I now have a completely sour taste for this new car. If you've purchased a 2001 S60, be carful and listen to your car. If they're saying it's "normal" perhaps it's a design flaw that the Swedes have missed. Anyone else having weird noises? GRAHAM24t1 POSTED EARLIER OF A NOISE PROBLEM...GRAHAM, DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOUR PROBLEM? Anyone else, please respond. Thx.
  • Options
    landlockedlandlocked Member Posts: 14
    My partner and I are weighing whether to purchase the S60 or splurge and get the S80. We both like the S80 better, but do we like it $8000 better?!?

One item that has us leaning towards the S80 is the fact that the S60 engine is a 5-cyclinder. Any thoughts on whether we should be concerned? How about over the long haul??

Other aspects being considered ... 2.4T vs. T6, and we live in Minne"snow"ta.
  • Options
    850driver850driver Member Posts: 7
    Landlocked- I have had 2 cars that are 5-cyl, my first was an Acura Vigor, my second, and current car is an 850 Turbo. I talked to one of the techs at the service place where I take my car, he said he has seen some of the 850s with 200K plus miles with few problems. I have ~70K now, there haven't been any engine problems to date. So, as far as longevity, I don't think a 5-cyl should set off any alarms.
  • Options
    Croo....I'm sorry about your noise. That is defintely not normal. my interior noises are plastic rubbing against plastic, mostly coming from around the sunroof area as well as the pillars. Dealer has fixed some of it by taking the moldings apart and taping the plastic down. The service guy said this happens all the time. I'll wait until my 7.5k tuneup to get the rest fixed.
    I haven't heard what you are describing, but you should certainly demand it be fixed. A couple times I have heard the a/c motors adjust or move, but it has only been temporary and very minor..

Croo..The fact that the dealer has already replaced things and claimed to have "fixed" it tells me they know something is wrong, and they've accepted responsibility to fix it. Keep on 'em! .While I'm a bit disappointed in my noises, I chalk it up to first-model year defects. Yours sound more annoying than mine, so I wish you good luck.

I second your comment to be careful and listen to the car before you buy. Knowing what I do now, I would have spent more time carefully listening for interior noises during the test drive. I was more focused on driving performance and feel. Also, for any new car buyers, closely inspect the exterior for dings, etc. I made the mistake of picking up my car at night, under the lights and did not notice a small dent in one of the doors. Only take delivery in good daylight and take your time inspecting the vehicle!
  • Options
    Since this message board was helpful to me, I thought I'd post a few comments on my new S60 2.4T, 3 months w/ 3k on it:

Good:
    1. Safety..need I say more?
    2. Built like a tank, very solid feel.
    3. Great engine, good performance. This car really wants to fly.
    4. Attractive styling, draws attention.
    5. Interior quality is nice. Optional equipment is very high quality.
    6. Dealer was great.
    7. Stops very quickly. Adds a lot of confidence to the driving experience.
    8. Volvo brand perception is just right. Perceived as high quality, but not eyebrow-raising like MB or BMW.
    9. Resale value is great.

Not as good:
    1. Minor defects related to alarm system and plastic molding.
    2. Trunk lid has cheap, lightweight feel to it. Closes with "clank" sound as opposed to solid sound the doors make.
    3. Remote control is not very responsive. Often takes two or three tries to unlock the doors.
    4. Two design flaws: 1)Coin "holder" in arm rest is almost comical. Must have been an afterthought. 2)When the driver's window is rolled down, the wind deflects off the pillar and into the drivers head. Makes driving with the window down at any speed almost unbearable.
    5. Blind spots. The wide pillars make visability difficult.
    6. Suspension is very stiff for daily commute. That could be a function of my pirelli tires. I may consider sacrificing performance for a more comfortable ride.

I hope this helps those of you considering this vehicle. I haven't owned mine long enough to say if I'd do it again. I plan to keep it at least 7-8 years, so its premature to make a call. But so far, I really enjoy it.
  • Options
    jbalserjbalser Member Posts: 13
    My wife and I are considering trading her 94 Saturn in for a 2001 Jetta GLS V6 pricing at about $24500. I had my Accord in for service and they loaned me an S60 at Enterprise. My wife loves the car in the two days we had it and now wants one. Does the S60 justify spending an extra $5-$7K? Anyone got any pricing details for me in Southern California? I don't want to go too far into the low $30K's.
  • Options
    bonnieabonniea Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to decide whether to purchase a volvo s60 with most of the features or a fully loaded VW Passat 2001.5. I keep changing my mind-the Volvo's back seat is very small compared to the Passat, but I love the Volvo's new lines and the fact that it's a Volvo is very appealing. Any advice? The Volvo is $2,500 more that the VW Passat.
  • Options
    I am driving myself (and my other half) nuts because I can't decide whether or not to order a S60 T5. I would get the Spaceball, AudioMax, sport chassis, cold weather pkg, sport leather seats, 17" wheels, and touring pkg. Do you have the 5-speed? Do you have AudioMax? Do you have the sport suspension? How many miles do you have so far, and how's the reliability been? This would be my first Volvo - how about you? Are you happy with it? What kind of a deal (if any) did you get? Any insight you can offer would be most appreciated! Thanks.
  • Options
    I actually get my car next week. I went to Sweden to pick it up through Volvo's overseas delivery program. I drove it over there, but obviously can't report on reliability. There's two good sources for info on the S60: Volvospy.com, and Swedespeed.com. Check out the S60 forums. So far I haven't heard of any major problems except for one person had to have their auto transmission replaced.

I mispoke on the other forum about my options. In addition to the nav system, I also didn't get the audiomax, cold weather pckge (I live in L.A.) or the sports suspension. I did get the touring pckge, leather, sunroof, & 17" wheels. I didn't get the audiomax because of price ($1200), but I did get the additional 200 watt factory amp for $200. I was torn whether to get the sports suspension, and finally decided on the side of comfort. It only costs approx $200, so if you want a really stiff ride--go for it!

When I returned from Sweden a friend of mine gave me two $500 accessory coupon they got at a Volvo event. Volvo is letting me use one of them, which I am applying on a 10 disc changer--so I'll have 11 disc total! If you decide on the Volvo, I can send you the other coupon (the Volvo event was put on in Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco & L.A.---I already circled L.A. on the back since that is where I live. I don't know if it can be used outside those 4 markets).

Good luck with your choice!
  • Options
    bonnieabonniea Member Posts: 3
    Well, after deciding to purchase the Volvo s60 and splurge, when we went to order the car the dealer found out that when ordering a 5 speed on the 2.4 version, you cannot get the car with a sunroof,cd player,and power seats. The only way to get the car with these features is to get the T5 version, which was above my price range. Thought I would let you all know since your information has been great helping me to decide, and now I must order the Passat! It's funny how things have a way of working out.
  • Options
    jbalserjbalser Member Posts: 13
    I am trying to decide between the two. I have not driven the Passat 1.8T but have driven the S60 2.4T and found it to have that turbo lag. Does anyone find that in the Passat? Also, is the S60 worth spending the extra $6K?
  • Options
    Tell us what you're looking for. Styling? Handling? Safety? Which car do you like better? The price difference is either a great deal, or totally not worth it depending on your preferences.

The S60 2.4T is faster than the Passat 1.8T, but is only available in automatic (manual Passat is probably just as quick).
  • Options
    mlc5mlc5 Member Posts: 20
    Bonnie...
    if you haven't yet ordered the Passats then I would suggest that you have the dealer doublecheck the options available with the Volvo. S60 base... I was told that you can't order the 4 disc in dash changer.. but that you can definitely get a single disc DC player and add a 10 disc trunk mounted changer if you wish... Regarding the power seats.. my understanding is that a power passenger seat wasn't available with the base.. but the driver seat should be.
    Last.. but not least.. the sunroof... Apparently the sunroof could only be had with the introductory package with the manual transmission and that package has been discontinued.. But according to one of the dealers who frequents the VOLVOSPY forums (his name is Steve).. this may have changed with the new premium package now that the nitro is no longer available.. he was checking into it last time I had checked...
  • Options
    grantchstrgrantchstr Member Posts: 371
    These were the two finalists, primarily with safety in mind as both have three types of air bags. The S60 won the day as its hard to beat Volvo on safety, its a new model while the Passat might be revamped soon, the design of the S60 is superb, and the financing offered on the S60 was far superior to the Passat. Also Volvo has done an excellent job of explaining the car and design on their web pages - very professional. I first saw the car in miniture driving across a European soccer website, a very innovation advertisement.
  • Options
    mitchell11mitchell11 Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about purchasing a S60 in Blooming ton. Rodney is quoting me 3% over invoice of $31,999 on a 2.4T, silver, with the CA package and the premium package. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal?

This would be my first volvo...I've owned Toyota's for the last 15 years.

Also, after reading some of the postings...I'm a little afraid of the interior noise people seem to be experiencing. Is this really a common" problem?
  • Options
    dbarretdbarret Member Posts: 1
    I bought a s60 2.4T about 3 weeks ago for my wife. Yesterday I drove it about 12 miles over the course of 1 1/2 hours making a few stops. After returning home, I heard the air blowing inside the car about 40 minutes after parking it in the driveway. It was not particularly hot outside (75 and cloudy) at the time. My wife told me the same thing had happened previously to her too. The keys were not in the ignition and the air was blowing in the interior. Does anyone have know why this was happening? Thanks
  • Options
    bugeye2bugeye2 Member Posts: 4
    I think if it is truly 3% over, that's a pretty good deal. According to the costs presented here on Edmunds.com, that seems realistic. Is Royal the only dealership that you have shopped? I am in Indy and Tom Wood Volvo/Audi/etc. is the only place to shop for a Volvo. I've had problems with them in the past, and I heard their service department is less than satisfactory. I'd drive to Bloomington to shop if you feel like they have treated you well so far.
  • Options
    mitchell11mitchell11 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. I actually contacted a dealer in Evansville today via their webpage. They quoted me pretty much the same price..with in a couple hundred dollars. So I'll probably stay with Royal. I'm also a former Indy resident and like you, I was surprised that Indy only had 1 choice....and I had not hear great things about Tom Wood.

I didn't see in the e-mail traffic...did you purchase a volvo? If so, are you happy with it?

Thanks for the response!
  • Options
    c702000c702000 Member Posts: 39
    This phenomenon is described in your owner's manual under "Climate control systems - general information". The blower may come on automatically for seven minutes to remove condensation in the A/C evaporator, fifty minutes after the ignition is shut off. What a clever car.
    tom
  • Options
    Mitchell11 - No, I don't drive a Volvo yet. I have been looking at high end Passat, Acura 3.2 and the S60. I probably would have the S60 2.4T already, but having only 1 dealer in town with a spotty record and poor service reviews scares me. Does anyone know if Ford dealers are authorized and capable of servicing Volvo's? At least I would have a choice at service time.
  • Options
    NancyNancy Member Posts: 5
    FYI, in between the base and the T5 is the 2.4T and you absolutely can get sunroof,cd player,and power seats in that model - the premium package gives you all those options.
  • Options
    NancyNancy Member Posts: 5
    I was given quotes by a couple of dealers at 2% over invoice so you should try to go for that. I got a 2.4T with premium pkg., cold weather pkg., geartronic and metalic paint for $32,200.
  • Options
    gratefuledgratefuled Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Tom, I couldn't have said it better myself! :-)

-RWD
  • Options
    I got my midwest dealer down to 1.5% over invoice for a fully loaded cosmos blue 2.4T. It was the 2nd to last day of the month and they were willing to deal.

Bugeye, I don't believe Ford dealers will service your volvo. I even tried to use Ford "dollars" from their old credit card and volvo wouldn't take it! I think for marketing purposes Ford is really trying to keep volvo separate.
  • Options
    I tested a 2.4T today and was very impressed overall. Went to find the remote trunk latch and found none. According to the sales guy, as long as the doors are unlocked, the trunk is also unlocked and accessible with the "hidden" trunk latch under trunk badging. Is this true? I can foresee problems with this - kids could climb in when the car is unlocked in my garage - some looser could pop it open when you are grid locked downtown etc. Unlikely scenarios, but possibilities nontheless. What is Volvo's thinking behind this?
  • Options
    dbehringerdbehringer Member Posts: 8
    We have a 2.4T S60 and would like to know what type of gas other Volvo drivers are using. We were told premium, although the manual says anywhere from 87 to 93. We have been using Mid-grade 89 with no problem. Is anyone using 87 in this car with no problems? Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    drew37drew37 Member Posts: 62
    1.5% over invoice is a great deal. Can you tell me where in the mid west you purchased your 2.4T, or at least what state? Thanks.
  • Options
    Drew37, that was several months ago, so I don't know what the market is now. But I bought mine in Missouri.

dbehringer, I use 87 grade with no problems. My salesman told me that was all that was necessary and the manual confirms that. I'm getting 21mpg with mostly heavy city traffic.
  • Options
    tensortensor Member Posts: 25
    You all are making me feel better. My dealer told me that using anything other than 87 octane was throwing money away. I experimented with a tank of 89 and a tank of 93 octane and could tell no difference in performance, and I have been using 87 octane with no problems ever since.
  • Options
    beagleman1beagleman1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm considering and S60 2.4T with the premium package and the cold weather package. I want to do a $0.00 down, 15k per year 36 to not more than 42 month lease. Anyone know what the current monthly lease payment is that one can expect for this car? Last I knew, it was around $500 pre tax. If the payment is still that high, does anyone have any thoughts re: why an S60 over an Acura 3.2 TL-S?
    Thanx!