Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1997 continental electrical problem

cindan96cindan96 Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Lincoln
my interior lights,brake lights,shift lock release,dash,clock,message centerand radio quit working. i replaced body control module and light control module. no power to the fuse block for these accessories. i can run a hot wire to the fuses and these accessories will come on.

Comments

• joepeterson56joepeterson56 Posts: 95
    edited March 2010
    Well, not being an actual electrician or certified mechanic, I can only guess that since the power comes from the battery to the fuse panel, you must have a blown out/burnt out fusible link or break in the wire coming from the power source to the fuse box.
    If it were my car, I would look for those 2 problems first, & if I couldn't find them I would run a heavy guage FUSED wire from the battery direct to the back of that fuses dead leg and supply that fuse circuit direct. It should not cause any problems.
  • i can not get the radio in my 1997 continental to come on. fuses are ok. i replaced the front control unit but still no good. wiring appears good. is there a reset button on the amp somewhere?
This discussion has been closed.