Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1997 continental electrical problem

cindan96cindan96 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Lincoln
my interior lights,brake lights,shift lock release,dash,clock,message centerand radio quit working. i replaced body control module and light control module. no power to the fuse block for these accessories. i can run a hot wire to the fuses and these accessories will come on.

Comments

• Options
    joepeterson56joepeterson56 Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2010
    Well, not being an actual electrician or certified mechanic, I can only guess that since the power comes from the battery to the fuse panel, you must have a blown out/burnt out fusible link or break in the wire coming from the power source to the fuse box.
    If it were my car, I would look for those 2 problems first, & if I couldn't find them I would run a heavy guage FUSED wire from the battery direct to the back of that fuses dead leg and supply that fuse circuit direct. It should not cause any problems.
  • Options
    cindan96cindan96 Member Posts: 2
    i can not get the radio in my 1997 continental to come on. fuses are ok. i replaced the front control unit but still no good. wiring appears good. is there a reset button on the amp somewhere?
This discussion has been closed.