Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Sedan

Comments

• britton2britton2 Member Posts: 305
    How many suitcases will fit in the trunk of a Focus? How many full-size? thanks
  • seminole_kevseminole_kev Member Posts: 1,696
    sounds like you've got a faulty ground then. I wouldn't know where to begin without schematics. Hopefully the techs will know where to look. Maybe a ground not fastened properly, or corrosion do to the wrong type of metal fasteners maybe. Other than that, maybe some sort of weird short-to-ground, but I doubt that. If it was that, I think you'd have a hard fail or blown fuses to show for it.
  • longfeetlongfeet Member Posts: 4
    My 2000 focus ZTS (30K miles) makes excessive noise. The noise is from the front and it is wheel speed related. In low speed, it sounds like some rotating part is hitting/grinding something. It goes "chi ... chi ... chi ..." Really annoying. One dealer recommended 4 wheel alignment, which I declined. Another dealer suspected the front left wheel bearing and changed it. No improvement. I had the tires rotated. Still the same. Put on new pads and rotors. Same ... What do you guys think?
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    One of the Focus' investigations from the Government is for the front suspension collapsing while the car is being driven. You might want to have the dealer inspect the front suspension for you, just to be safe.
  • randyrhodesrandyrhodes Member Posts: 54
    I had the same problem. The dealer had to replace the strut bearings,plates,and sleeves. No more problems. Now I have a question:

I get surging after the car is warmed up and get between 30 and 45 mph. The surging lasts for 1 to 2 minutes. Any ideas? I like my Focus. It is a 2001 SE with sport/comfort and auto. I'm 6'2", and this is the only small car I fit in. I am thinking of swapping out the standard plugs with the Bosch 4 tip plugs.

Randy
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A newspaper journalist is looking to speak with Ford Focus owners by Monday, September 16 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. If you are interested in sharing your thoughts on your vehicle with a national audience, please contact me at jfallon@edmunds.com with your name, daytime contact information, line of work and city/state of residence.
    Regards,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• swdzx3swdzx3 Member Posts: 7
    I don't know about the AM but I have had FM interference from the ignition system. There are two ground wires screwed to the body metal under the engine air cleaner box. Windshield washer solution sloshes out of the resevoir and runs down to these screws, causing corrosion or otherwise disrupting the contact.Pull the airbox,clean the contacts,see if it helps.Don't fill the resevoir too full,add a grounding strap from the battery (-) to the body. My contacts were so bad that the engine electrics would cut off and on while driving. More smart design from Ford.
  • randyrhodesrandyrhodes Member Posts: 54
    Hi Everyone,

I decided to change the spark plugs in my 2001 Focus SE. It is a 4dr/auto/sport-comfort group with the 16 valve Z engine. I tried this to see if it solved my little surging problem. Upon inspection of the Motorcraft AZFS32FE plugs, they were all gapped wrong. The spec is 13mm gap. But mine were 11.5,11,12,10.5. I installed Autolite Double Platinum APP5344 plugs after I gapped them to 13mm as called for. The result so far is a smother idle, no surging as of late, and a very slight increase in MPG's. I have 16,100 miles on my car now and have enjoyed every mile.

Have a great weekend,
    Randy
    My friend has been driving a 2002 Focus SE as a rental for the past week now. He put about 500 miles on it thus far, and he said he likes the way the car drives. I got a chance to drive it yesterday for about 50 miles, and it wasn't too bad as a commuter car.

I have a 2002 Jetta 1.8T, so of course the power of this Focus (2.0/110hp) sucked, in my opinion. It had no power when accelerating or trying to pass, especially with the AC on. Again, I am used to a much faster car, so the acceleration would probably be called adequate in someone else's book.

The handling, however, was pretty good. I couldn't get the wheels to squeal when going around a turn pretty fast, a good sign. The ride was nice as well, even with a full load. Interior room was alot more than my Jetta of course, with enough space in back for myself to sit at one point (I am 6'3, about 270lbs., so that's no small feat!). The speed-compensating volume and the telescoping wheel were nice touches as well. This car felt solid and tight, and turned 10K miles during my friend's rental period.

Things I didn't like (besides the power): Inconvenient door locks. The doors don't automatically unlock but do lock, which makes it hard when taking kids out of the back seat. This rental didn't have the remote that comes with the SE models, and no 2-turn door locks either. I had to unlock the driver's door, then open the door and hit the switch. Too many steps, and frustrating when you have a 3-year old in your hand trying to get away in the parking lot. One last thing, the turn signals were very loud. My friend compared the sound so someone "dancing across the dash wearing clogs" (he has some imagination). :)

Overall, the car was very nice though. I would actually consider buying one of these used for a commuter/bang around car, if they could just get the cars' recall list to dramatically shrink.
  • tiredofmanualtiredofmanual Member Posts: 338
    Ford has magically reduced the recall list for the 2002 Focus to 1, and that applied to the first hundred or so SVT models only. You now have no excuse.
    Sure I do. I want a used Focus, so I guess I will have to wait until the 2002s are used to get one of them. I have seen a couple of Foci on EBay for pretty good prices, so maybe I will get lucky and someone will have one on there cheap.

Also, I don't know about long term reliability either. My ex-co-worker has a 2000 Focus, and she has had nothing but problems with it since she got it. If I am going to get a commuter car, I want a reliable one...
    I have a 2000 Focus ZTS. I tried to do tire rotation myself and noticed that one of the rear-right wheel studs is loose. I took it to a dealer and was told that the stud was repaired before and hence not covered by warranty. I have never had non-ford dealer work on my car, and I have never been told that any wheel stud had problem. Any suggestion? Anybody had this kind of problem before?
    Did you buy this car used? I would be careful about this, because I know one of the recalls on the 2000 Focus had to do with the back wheels coming off. I can't remember what part that was though...
    vocus: I bought it new. There was a recall regarding rear-left wheel bearing and the dealer replaced the bearing per recall. By the way, I took my car to another dealer who checked out my tire noise problem before. They changed the damaged drum for free, even though they weren't sure if they actually damaged it or not. So, this issue was resolved.

Post 905 follow-up: the dealer insisted that the noise for the front was tire noist. I noticed that the inner side of all tires were very choppy. I am not sure if that's because of the tires or because of the alignment of the wheel. Anybody has similar experience? I had the tires rotated every 5k miles.
  • hotx3hotx3 Member Posts: 71
    Longfeet: I have a 2000 LX w/ 30k miles, and noticed a "wubwubwub" tire noise earlier this year. I took it to a dealer who told me all four tires were cupped and I needed new ones, plus an alignment. I didn't have the time (no loaners here) or money. Besides, it sounded fishy, since I'd had the tires rotated at 20k (yeah, I know) and had the noise only for about 1k. I took it to a local tire shop, where they found the alignment off considerably. They told me I might as use up the tires, they weren't THAT bad, especially the rear ones (they're Firehawks, cracking like crazy). The noise is less, but still present.
    The whole thing seems a little fishy, since I drive moderately (dodge the holes) and never had this problem on other cars. If it's an alignment problem, the cost is not much different at the dealer, and Ford won't pay for it, so it's your choice where to take it. I just felt like my dealer was out for my $$, not to satisfy me. I guess we'll see if you've started a movement here.
  • bobk14bobk14 Member Posts: 17
    I bought my 2001 focus new two years ago and have 18000 miles on it. I love the way it handles, brakes and is as tight and quiet as the day I got it. Warranty repairs are as follows: replaced trunk lock;replaced passenger cv shaft avd hangar bearing assembly; replaced right rear shock assembly. Gas mileage is mediocre, ranging from a low of 22mpg to a high of 26mpg (all city combined with some highway). This service record pales in comparison with the toyotas i've owned in the past. What should i do when my warranty is due to expire: 1-buy an extended warranty and keep the car another 3 years; 2=take a chance and keep it without any warranty; 3-sell it and buy a toyota?????? ALL responses will be greatly appreciated!
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    It seems like the dealership was telling you the truth about your car. The tires cupping probably had a lot to do with the car being out of alignment. I have a 96 Explorer with AWD and have the same problem with tires cupping. You have to rotate them religiously and keep the car in alignment.

Re: bobk14: Since you mentioned selling the car, my guess is this what you really want to do. None of us can predict the future for your car nor do we know your financial status. An extended warranty will run you about $1400 for the Focus. You might be able to get an aftermarket warranty for less. It will come down to how comfortable you feel with teh car. Personally, if you keep it, I would seriously consider getting an extended warranty esp. because of your car's history. But do the math. See how it works out for you financially.
  • benbessbenbess Member Posts: 5
    RE: should I keep the Focus.

Bob, I was in a similar situation a few months ago. I had a 2000 Focus ZTS. I loved the handling and the headroom, but the number of things I had to have fixed because of recalls or defects was downright inconvenient and finally alarming. As my warrantly got close to expiring, I asked my Ford dealer how much an extended warranty would cost. I don't remember the exact figures, but they made my jaw drop. It was something like $1400 for a 3 year extended warranty with a $50 deductible. I think Ford knows their quality sucks and that they'd have to pay a lot to keep the car fixed. Bottom line was that I lost faith in the car, in part because new safety recalls on the 2000 & 2001 may be coming up.

Re: your mpg. Mine was a little better, but not by much. Amazingly, the car that I replaced the Focus with, a 2002 Accord, gets exactly the same gas mileage, even though the car is bigger and more powerful. I get about 23-26 in town with the Accord, and 30-34 on the highway, which is exactly what I got with the Focus.

One thing to watch out for is the resale value on the Focus. It's been dropping like a rock. Good luck! It's a tough decision...
    Same thing happend to a friend of mine. I told her not to get a used Focus, she wouldn't listen. She got a 2000 SE sedan with 40K miles on it for $9995 (majorly ripped off, I think!). She tried to trade it in 5 months later (after pouring $400 in repairs into the car), and they offered her $5000 for it! She ended up keeping the car. She doesn't work here naymore, so I don't know if she had anymore problems or not.

It's hard when you buy a used car and have problems, because you have to pay for the repairs, as well as the car note. That majorly sucks.
    If you like the Focus, you could always trade it in for a 2003 model. Ford has got its act together with the Focus and the new ones shouldn't worry you. Plus, the 2003 Focus has a 5-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty in addition to the 3/36 regular warranty.

The other thing to consider is how long has it been since you had an issue with your current Focus? Maybe all the problems have been found and fixed. You say it's as tight and rattle-free as the day you bought it, right? That isn't exactly a sign of a poorly-built car. At the least, you still have a year left under the warranty to think it over. I think that is what you should do - think it over. You still have another year of free repairs!
  • kirbstoykirbstoy Member Posts: 53
    I have a 2001 ZTS,5-sp., leather and a bunch of other options. Its got 20K miles on it now and, knock on wood, not one problem. Its been absolutely reliable. At this point my only complaint is that its soooooo underpowered especially with the A/C on. When the A/C is on, I routinely shift between 4-5,000 RPM to stay with traffic. The A/C will "freeze" you out though, so I'll just put up with the lack of power. With the first oil change I began using 5W-30 Mobil-1 and a metal conditioner called Miletec. The engine runs smooth as glass. Last week I removed the Oil-Fill cap and looked down into the valve area. It looked new. Very clean. Well, that's my 2 cents worth on the Focus.
  • britton2britton2 Member Posts: 305
    I have a '01 Corolla LE with 4/speed auto - I get between 29-34 MPG in the city - usually around 30 or 31 MPG - however, it's not as roomy as the Focus - but Toyotas are overall pretty reliable - if I were you I'd sell the Focus and check into a '03 Corolla - just my 2 cents
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    "If you like the Focus, you could always trade it in for a 2003 model...with a 5-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.."

If you want piece of mind, do this, I think if possible. The 2002+ Foci were improved greatly.
  • fgaydosfgaydos Member Posts: 319
    I traded in my 20000 ZX3 last week for a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT. That's the hatchback version.
    Best thing I ever did.
    It is sooo much more a car than the little ZX3.
    It is larger in most dimensions. The trunk is huge.
    Sport suspension rides great. Very quiet and power everything. Cripes, even the mirrors are heated.
    I urge you strongly to test drive this auto before you buy another Focus.
    Now, I don't worry about engine fires, or the bottom dropping out of my front end or brake pads wearing out early again.
    The ZX3 was fun but this is more fun, all leather is real fun.Three way adjustable drivers seat. Front and side airbags, power windows, cruise, all standard.
    Try it you will love it.
    Good luck with your Focus.
  • newdriver2newdriver2 Member Posts: 68
    I'd just send my 2001 focus for a check up last weekend, they said my car had a bad air throttle sensor which mess up my air/fuel ratio. Does any body have the same problem? What does this sensor do? Is that true a bad sensor will cause the car run noiser?
    Never heard of one. Maybe they mean the MAF (mass airflow sensor), which is in your air intake right before the throttle body and would mess up your air/fuel ratio if it went bad. It simply measures the amount of air going through the intake and sends a signal to your engine controller. It's a constant signal that changes voltage as the amount of air changes.

I guess that if it were messed up your engine wouldn't be as smooth and that could be a little noisier.

If the MAF is bad, you do want to get it fixed right away. Your computer would be running the car in a fail-safe mode, which would look at rpm only to determine the amount of fuel to inject, with it erring on the side of caution (add more fuel than necessary). If you run rich for too long, you could damage your catalytic converter!

I don't think a MAF is very expensive, and it is extremely easy to replace. It's something that a car-phobe could do, though you *might* need a screwdriver.
  • bobk14bobk14 Member Posts: 17
    If I keep my focus, when the mfrs. warranty is over, I will definitely buy an extended warranty---for at least 3 additional years or possibly 4 more years. As the ford extended warranties are extremely expensive, I am looking for the best extended warranty obtainable by a non-ford company. Can anyone inform me of the best extended warranty companies....in other words, reasonable cost, pay claims quickly and with no(or low) deductibles per repair. Thank You!
    I had a company called Auto Connection for my mom's car when she had it. There was some drama once because they didn't call the shop back and pay a claim on her car, but that was only once. The warranty was $0 deductible, 3/36K. It was $1049 I think. When I sold the car, even though they had done $1500 in repairs to the car under warranty, I got a $450 refund. You can't beat that! Check them out at http://www.autoconnection.com
  • nopey23nopey23 Member Posts: 10
    anyone have a period of mileage when the MPG got up to where it should be?

We've been stuck at 22 MPG since we got the car, and we haven't been using the A/C.

Its a 2002 with the standard engine...

Thanks!
  • newdriver2newdriver2 Member Posts: 68
    I think you are right, it should call Mass Air Sensor. I also got it fix form Ford dealer today. Altough the guy who fix it said the car need 1-2 tank of fuel to make it run back to a normal condition, the car is running much quieter than before.
    That would make sense. The computer is a learning computer, so it has adapted to the broken MAF. It will take a little while for the computer to adapt back to normal.
    It's Mass Airflow Sensor.
    You should wait until 10K miles to take the car back, complaining of low fuel economy. By then, the engine will be totally broken in.
  • mystic_lady74mystic_lady74 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering getting a used car. Right now, I have a '93 Dodge Shadow with 215,000 miles on it. It has been an AWESOME car. I have had very few problems with it - alternator, water pump, timing belt, a/c. MOST of these problems occured AFTER 175,000 miles. I am a Social Worker, so I drive A LOT. Change my oil about once a month AT LEAST.

A friend is a salesman at a Ford dealership where I work. He has told me that he can get me a good deal on my old car as a trade in on ANY kind of car I want.. But that he could better service a Ford. I have nothing against a Ford, lots of friends drive them. BUT have heard that Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi were the 'best' cars to buy.

This is what I need.. I need a 1999-2001 with 50,000 miles or so on it.. Decent condition for no more than $8000..

I have considered the Focus. I think it is the CUTEST car.. Seems to have a lot of room, etc. The on-line reviews (edmunds.com and others) seem to rave about them. BUT it seems most of the consumer reviews just SUCK!!! plus, there's a place I think it's fordfocusbrakes.com or something that talks about a class action law suit against Ford.

I thought I had my mind made up - now I'm not so sure. I don't know what to do..

Anyone have any advice!?!?! I have NEVER had good experience buying a car.. My Dodge has been the best thing since sliced bread to me - I hate getting another but have no choice.. (Still not having that many problems with it now).. I'm worried about getting a lemon..
    The Focuses (Foci?) are just starting to improve for the 2002 model year. I had a co-worker who had a bunch of trouble with a used 2000 model, the car's first year. I would try to get a 2002 model. And for $8000, you should be able to get a Focus with less than 40K miles on it. Of course, you have a Shadow now, and they have pretty bad reliability, from what I have heard. I guess it does depend on luck. :)

I would also check out the Mazda Protege, Hyundai Elantra, and Toyota ECHO.

The ECHO gets really good economy, if you can get past its looks. The Hyundais have 60K warranties, which means the car more than likely would still be covered. And the Protege has been a paragon of reliability since its last redesign in 1999.

Also, check a site called http://www.getauto.com. You can search by location for cars in your area. And http://www.nadaguides.com will also help in your search.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up getting. :)

You could probably get a Focus that still has some of the factory warranty left!

If you do decide to get a Focus, take it for a test drive - if it has no squeaks or rattles or any other glaring problems (with fit and finish even), then you probably have a good one that will last for a while.

The Focus is currently the most reliable car sold in Europe. When Ford brought it to North America they cheapened it up a bit and that is where the problems lie. Most of those have been taken care of by recalls already so there is nothing to worry about there. The rest of the car is just fine as long as you find one where the assembly line workers did their job.

If you get one and it needs a brake job, don't get OEM replacement parts. High quality aftermarket stuff made to OEM specs is available for about the same price!
  • focuserrorfocuserror Member Posts: 34
    You deserve better than a Ford Focus.

This is the most pitiful car I have ever owned. It drains money from your pocket and time from your life like no other vehicle. You may want to look at this article from the front page of the Detroit Free Press.

Resale value is poor ... emotional and financial distress of Ford Focus ownership is infinite.
    "Ford Fights to Fix Tarnished Focus"

http://www.detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0210/13/a01-611243.htm

Whoops, forgot to post the link to the article.

My focus has had: burning oil odor in cabin, wheel bearing replaced, brake pads replaced - brakes continued to squeak and Ford will not fix, fuel pump replaced after I loudly told the dealer in front of many customers that I could not drive a car that stopped suddenly upon acceleration and remain alive, seat belt will not retract, rear suspension bouncing and rocking, stinking moldy odor from air conditioning and defrost - Ford will not fix, interference on radio from turn signals.

This is all that has been wrong with the car at 28000 miles. ZX3 - 2001, and I drive like a little old lady. My last car lasted 7 years and was traded at 140,000 miles. I would trade the Focus tomorrow if I could. It has no trade in value. Many dealers - even Ford dealers will offer very low trade in on the Focus, some will not even take them at all.

• benbessbenbess Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for posting that article--it really explained how Ford made tens of thousands of sucky Foci. Why they would let that happen is a mystery to me. When Honda and Toyota introduce a new Civic or Corolla, even in the first year it's pretty good. All the bugs may not be out, but they try hard to make a good car. From that article, it seems like Ford didn't even try very hard--they just hoped for the best and the customers had to deal with it as it hit the fan.

It got so that I didn't really trust the lives of the people in my family to that car. Like many other people who suffered through the Focus debacle, I'm not likely ever to buy a Ford again. A 2003 Focus is probably a fairly good car, but that's not much comfort to those of us who bought one in 1999, 2000, 2001, or even 2002.
  • reallybobreallybob Member Posts: 29
    I have had a burning oil smell in the cabin of my Focus since shortly after I bought it on October 1, 2001. Gaskets of all sorts were replaced, leaks found everywhere. Finally after all those repairs the dealership told me about a cabin air filter. I said okay, and they installed it. The smell continued, though not as "potent"... All these repairs were covered by warranty.

About two months ago I took the car (a 2001 Focus sedan, auto) in for it's routine oil change. I told them that the "hot burning oil smell" was getting bad again. They checked and said they found no leaks and suggested I replace the cabin air filter for about $25.00. I did. I still smell that odor.

Today I put the "mask" on the front of the engine compartment hood. While the hood was open I noticed black soot on the inside of the hood, just left of center, towards the passenger side of the car. Is this "normal"? Should I point this out to the dealership, ya think?

My question to you... were you able to get the "burning oil odor in the cabin" fixed? If so, what was that fix?

Thanks in advance for replying,
    Rob
    The burning oil smell remains. The smell is intermittent. I've had the filter replaced with no change. I honestly do not think that Ford has any intent of fixing this problem - or any other problem with the Focus. They will put a "cheap as possible" band aid on any problem that is threatening your life (such as a fuel pump failure). I called Ford Customer Service about the burning oil smell and they indicated that there is a known problem. However, every time I take it to the dealer, they can't reproduce the problem. Someone would have to drive the car for 2 or 3 days to get the smell to reproduce itself. If Ford has a fix for the problem, they are not willing to fix it. Ford knew that I needed to have my fuel pump replaced, but was not willing to fix it until I made loud complaints about being killed in my car when it stops in traffic in front of many customers at a dealership.

If you have black soot, take pictures first, then call Ford Customer Service and take it to a dealer. Check the Lemon Laws in your state, and good luck getting Ford to fix a Focus.
  • reallybobreallybob Member Posts: 29
    Thank you for the reply, Focuserror,

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your Focus.

When I took my Focus into the dealership, five times, I believe, each time they found oil leaks. They acknowledged the smell, (you couldn't miss it!) There were times while driving in stop and go traffic that I'd see smoke coming from the engine compartment. I pointed that out too... after replacing these gaskets they finally couldn't find any more leaks and did the cabin filter thing. All was covered by warranty. One free cabin filter replacement then the rest cost money.

I've had intermittent "transmission slips", but when I took it in to have it checked, they couldn't make it happen. I told them that it only happened on occasion and that there was no way to predict when. They told me that the complaint had been logged and to come back if it happens again.

I do like my Focus, smell and all, and I do feel safe driving it. It has a few foibles, but then so do I. LOL!

I called the Washington State Lemon Law organization run by the states Attorney General's office. They sent me a "packet" after I told them my concerns. The law only covers the "same" complaint. Something like if the transmission is replaced several times... not a vague problem with no obvious source. I carry that packet with me everywhere, LOL!

Good luck with your car and the dealership!
    Rob
  • gbjo352gbjo352 Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad to hear that i'm not crazy. I took my focus into the dealer because i smelled a burning oil smell inside the car. When i went to get it back the next day, they told me that they drove it, and they didn't smell any kind of a burning smell. They really talked to me like i imagined it or something. I'm really regreting buying that car..:(.. I owe more then what it is worth, i'm trying to buy a honda or some japanese car.. So far, no luck...but i'm not going to give up until i'm out of that focus...what do you all think about the mitsubishi lancer? is it *relaible*?
    I rented a Lancer, and they are a pretty nice car. They don't handle as well as a Focus, but they seem pretty nice. 2002 is their first year, so you might wanna wait to see how they turn out. I don't think there's any reliability data available yet.

Mitsubishi has 0 down, 0 payments until 2004, and 0 interest on the entire loan. You might be able to work this out, and roll over what you owe on the Focus, if your credit is pretty good. Worth a shot.
  • fdthirdfdthird Member Posts: 352
    2001 Se Sport...purchased March, 2001...20,000 miles...zero problems so far
    The Focus really is the Pinto of the 90s...
    I thought these recalls were done already? The front suspension collapsing and the engine fires, right? Maybe they were just federal investigations and not recalls. It's so hard to keep up with all of them...
  • clintonfordclintonford Member Posts: 1
    With regards to the Ford Focus, and its reliability. I have sold Ford's for five years. I cannot count how many Focus' I have sold, and how many customers are very satisfied with the Focus.

Very rarely is there ANY vehicle that is introduced that does not have recalls. Throughout any vehicle make, you can find vehicles that have had several recalls, and other that have had none.

No vehicle is perfect. This is called the "human factor". In the event a manufacturer realizes a quality or safety issue, a recall is issued to remedy the situation.

If you go to www.alldata.com you can look through all recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB's) on all makes. The 2002 Focus does have some TSB's, no recalls. Funny, both Honda and Toyota (gasp!) have TSB's too.

The Ford Focus does not become one of the Top Ten Best selling vehicles in the US by under-delivering on quality and reliabilty.

If given a chance, take a look at the Focus crash test ratings versus the competition.