-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2002 Lincoln LS Sport Package

lincoln7777lincoln7777 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in Lincoln
I have one of my cars for sale, and have recieved an offer to trade for a 2002 lincoln LS with sport package. It has a V-6, with 116000 KMS. I have researched them as much as i could and it seems that aside from a leaking valve cover problem, and a coil issue caused by the leaking valve cover, the V-6 model is a pretty solid car. Is there anything else that I should be looking for, or any problems that arise around this KM range?

Comments

• Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    check all the windows, window regulators fail. Listen for clunk in front end, that's the sway bar bushings, might have been fixed by '02. I think '02's were a pretty good year, sport package is a plus. Check out the climate control too, There is a dual climate control valve (DCCV) that fails. I need to replace mine on my '05.
    V6 models are a bit more reliable than the V8's
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Options
    antoniukantoniuk Member Posts: 8
    It's the other way around. The V8 models are more reliable than the V6. The V6 is a Ford Engine the V8 is made by Jaguar. Really depends on how well the car was taken car of. The V8 has plenty of power not sure how well a large car like that will run on a V6. Adequate I suppose. I guess it's up to you. Have a mechanic check it out for your for $100 bucks you won't be sorry.
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Actually the V8 is a Jag design but made by Ford in a Ford plant. It's significantly different from the Jag version in the Stype. The engines themselves are bulletproof - both the V6 and V8. Only the valve cover gaskets and COPs were faulty.
This discussion has been closed.