Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Any recent buyers in Michigan feel free to reply:

A newspaper reporter would like to talk with recent minivan buyers who live in Michigan. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com or swebster@freepress.com with your daytime phone number by Thursday, June 17, 2004. Thanks,

Jeannine Fallon, PR Director
    Edmunds.com

We have incentive & rebate info at this link. Holdback info is here.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    mb-s65mb-s65 Member Posts: 29
    Holdback is 3% of MSRP (including destination)
    for all Hondas.

Odys still have $500 dealer cash.
  • Options
    mplantan1mplantan1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks mb-s65 on $500.00 dealer cash info. Why is this not listed on this web site and where did you get info.Thanks hope to make purchase this week
  • Options
    strikerstriker Member Posts: 3
    What does the res mean??
  • Options
    ecarmackecarmack Member Posts: 161
  • Options
    mb-s65mb-s65 Member Posts: 29
    the dealer cash info was available on edmunds last month,

Honda carried it over into june.... any stand up dealer will admit it is there when asked.

If he doesn't he is either
    1. A liar
    2. Too uninformed to to business with
  • Options
    ec3182ec3182 Member Posts: 2
    Roxy,

Where did you make the deal?

Thx
  • Options
    ec3182ec3182 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm trying to buy a 04's Ody EX-L in DFW area, anyone who purchased one recently can give me a reference price (more detail more better), I used to saw a drive out price as $27,500 with a protection pkg plus cargo tray/nets.

Thanks,
  • Options
    hoodwinkhoodwink Member Posts: 25
    What is RES?
  • Options
    Rear Entertainment System.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    wilcowilco Member Posts: 5
    In Nashville, not too many EX-RES's left, but here's my lease deal I closed yesterday:
    24 month/ 12k/year
    Selling Price 25,500
    Residual 71%, MF: 0.00113
    Financed AHFC fee for Gross Cap Cost 26095

After taxes, monthly payment is 302.50 with $764 up front includ. $325 security deposit and 1st payment.
  • Options
    cpucpu Member Posts: 3
    I am wondering if I paid too much for
    an LX with roof rack, $22,680.00 +TTL?
    Anybody have an opinion? Thank you.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    There is a third possibility...

He has no knowledge of this.

This isn't necessarilly something that gets announced at sales meetings. It's "dealer cash" and not "customer cash". If a dealer is willing to dip into this to make a sale happen he can.
  • Options
    coil99coil99 Member Posts: 11
    My wife and I are ready to buy an EXL-RES. We'd like to buy in the next few weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations for dealers in or around Knoxville, TN? Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Options
    claraclara Member Posts: 17
    I am in the Maryland suburbs. I was offered a price of 24,700 for EX-RES which includes destination and processing fees. Have people gotten better prices in the area and if yes please tell me what dealer ? I am willing to travel for a good deal. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    ogggn1ogggn1 Member Posts: 2
    Try to avoid Orisman Honda. Based on my experience, they are not professional at all. I do have a story to substantiate it.
  • Options
    jessica1jessica1 Member Posts: 5
    Planning on purchasing the EXL-RES, dealer is quoting $27,500 for a 24 month, 12,000 a year lease. Total cost w/tax for is $385 a month with I believe $563 due at delivery. Any ideas if this is a good deal?
  • Options
    vanquestvanquest Member Posts: 14
    We had a wicked hailstorm in our area a few weeks ago and there are seas of hail-damaged odysseys for sale at the dealerships. the damage isn't severe, seems to be confined to the hood with about ten or so small dings. I'm in the market for an EX-L and want the dealer to repair the damage (they have a paintless dent repair business set up on site as do many other dealerships in town at the moment).

Does anyone have any experience or advice in this type of repair and what type of additional discounting should I be demanding for taking it off their lot? I've already got bids for other EX-Ls at other dealerships that are below invoice.

I've been an avid reader of this forum for a couple months now and am about to jump into ownership. Thanks much for all the advice so far! I am using all of it.
  • Options
    looking4odylooking4ody Member Posts: 3
    Great info in this forum. Looking for some advice....ready to purchase an 04 Ody, EX-L (white). Presently in S. CA (San Diego area) and moving to TX in late Jul. Are deals better in CA or TX? As of yet, I haven't seen anything specific in this forum for either state.
    Tks in advance.
  • Options
    mrblonde49mrblonde49 Member Posts: 626
    There is a third possibility...

He has no knowledge of this.

This isn't necessarilly something that gets announced at sales meetings. It's "dealer cash" and not "customer cash". If a dealer is willing to dip into this to make a sale happen he can. <<

So you're saying that dealerships may not let their salespeople know about all incentives???

Talk about the not empowering your employees...
  • Options
    Vanquest,

You can "demand" anything but you might not prevail. The paintless guys are amazing sometimes. If it's a dent they can get to, you won't know the difference.

You may get an additional discount but this misfortune doesn't make them distressed merchandise either.
  • Options
    gottaodygottaody Member Posts: 5
    Greetings, all! Purchased a midnight blue EX-RES (cloth) for $24,700 (including everything but 6% sales tax) from Lanier Honda in the northern Atlanta suburbs. The drive-out price was $26,200, and deal included wheel locks, cross bars, cargo tray, splash guards, window etching and painted pinstripes (didn't ask for those, but they look great). Dealt with the internet sales manager, and wouldn't do it any other way. Thanks to Edmunds poster "abharon" (message #5298), who gave me a great target price from this dealer. I've been lurking in the Odyssey forums big-time for a few months, and this resource has proved invaluable! I almost feel like I know a few of you (Andrew, Host Steve). We wanted comfy cloth seats, and couldn't pass up the super-cheap DVD system Honda is offering on the 2004 models. The dealer also offered us 3.54% financing, which beat our eloan rate by 0.65%. We're thrilled with the van, our first new car purchase ever. Thanks to everybody who has posted their experiences.
  • Options
    roxykev99roxykev99 Member Posts: 2
    Russell & Smith Honda, Houston TX.
  • Options
    Planning on purchasing the EXL-RES, dealer is quoting $27,500 for a 24 month, 12,000 a year lease. Total cost w/tax for is $385 a month with I believe $563 due at delivery. Any ideas if this is a good deal?
  • Options
    Congrats Gottaody, and thanks for unlurking and telling us about the deal!

Jessica1, try searching and asking in Lease Questions - Ask Here too.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    vanquestvanquest Member Posts: 14
    thanks for the information. perhaps 'demand' wasn't the best choice of words. sorry about that. just trying to figure out two things. first, is there a downside to this type dent removal? i've got no experience there. secondly, wouldn't it be reasonable to pay a somewhat lower price than for one that was not damaged in the first place?

what's your take on this?
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    vanquest - every state has laws that determine the threshold at which the dealer has to tell you the vehicle was damaged and repaired. Technically as long as the repair to remove the dents is under that amount, they don't have to tell you anything let alone discount it due to the damage.

The dent wizard guys do amazing stuff for very little money.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    So you're saying that dealerships may not let their salespeople know about all incentives??? Talk about the not empowering your employees...

Most salespeople on the floor are not allowed to do their own deals because they tend to take the path of least resistance - ie they'll give away the store for a quick sale. As a business owner, would you want your salespeople doing that??
  • Options
  • Options
    cpucpu Member Posts: 3
    I would like to buy an Ex-Res for $24,700. Where would I have to go, Clara? Who is the dealer? They won't touch that price here in Buffalo. I don't mind flying to Maryland!
    CPU
  • Options
    twinsonthewaytwinsontheway Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

I have just purchased an '04 Ody EX-LRES for $26380 and could not have done it with out the help of this forum. The deal was done through the Internet sales department. Made a very low offer of $25500 and was counter-offered with the above price. Felt confident that his price was fair based upon similar posts and went ahead with the deal. With twins due in the next month, I needed to make the best deal possible, and believe that I can close.
    Thank you again to everyone who has posted their buying experiences. They were very helpful and, in some cases, entertaining.
  • Options
    looking4odylooking4ody Member Posts: 3
    I've rec'd several quotes from Honda dealers in TX for an EXL. I've tried to use the information
    in the forum as a benchmark, but I'm not clear
    on 'purchase price'....is it the same as
    the dealer's 'selling price' or the 'out the door
    price'?
  • Options
    twinsonthewaytwinsontheway Member Posts: 3
    Hello all,

I have just purchased an '04 Ody EX-LRES for $26380 and could not have done it with out the help of this forum. The deal was done through the Internet sales department. Made a very low offer of $25500 and was counter-offered with the above price. Felt confident that his price was fair based upon similar posts and went ahead with the deal. With twins due in the next month, I needed to make the best deal possible, and believe that I can close.
    Thank you again to everyone who has posted their buying experiences. They were very helpful and, in some cases, entertaining.
  • Options
    claraclara Member Posts: 17
    The dealer is Criswell Honda in Germantown. I got that price through internet sales from Edmunds site. They are also very polite which has not been my experience with every dealer. I hope this is helpful for you. Good luck in buying your van!
  • Options
    strikerstriker Member Posts: 3
    My sister has two hondas and she said that they have a sale once a year. Does anyone know when this is?
  • Options
    tstraubtstraub Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone have any idea on pricing for an EX(no leather, DVD, or RES) in Seattle/Tacoma? Can one be had anywhere below invoice?
  • Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    I had a golf-ball-sized dent repaired in my Mercedes. It was caused by an errant shopping cart, and was right in the middle of the passenger-side door. Beautiful job. Can't tell where it was. Cost was about $100.00.
  • Options
    frkj04frkj04 Member Posts: 4
    Could you provide the dealer and was this price before taxes and fees?
  • Options
    my3boysmy3boys Member Posts: 6
    HELP! AM I GETTING A GOOD DEAL?? I want to know if the price I'm negotiating is a good one for my Odyssey. I live in MD and have been offered $28,419 (which includes the destination) for the EX with navigational system and leather interior. Dealer said MSRP is $30,980 and invoice is $27,919 but Edmunds says it's 30,490 / 27,429. The discrepency is significant I think b/c the dealer said I was getting the van for only $500 over invoice. $500 over invoice would make the van cost 27,929 not 28,419. Also I am wondering if this is still to much w/the 2005 coming out soon. One post on another Odyssey board said accept nothing less than 3,000 off MSRP and get a DVD installed by the factory if you are buying the last of the 2004 models with navigational systems. Also what does the RES stand for in the model descriptions I see in the posts?

Thanks
    Jennifer
  • Options
    Heritage Honda and the price did not include taxes and fees. I also have identical twin sons who just turned 1!
  • Options
    mcbskimcbski Member Posts: 13
    According to CR, the MSRP is indeed 30,980 if you include the destination charge of 490. Total invoice w/dest is 27919, so they're not off the mark by saying they're offering 500 over at 28419. Having said all of that, the prices I've observed here for EXL-NAV are 27119 and 26590. Look back through the posts and you'll find them on or about 18 and 31 May respectively. So...looks like folks are still getting under invoice. Can you post a link to the other Ody board?

RES=Rear Entertainment System DVD
  • Options
    HI,

From all your research how does 28,419 sound for a 2004 EX w/leather and navigational system? This does include destination but not taxes and tags. Invoice appears to be 27,400 per Edmunds although dealer said 27,919. Is this too much for the last of the 2004 line before the new line comes out in 2005? It seems to be a very good deal but if there is another 1,000 worth of play in the price or a DVD system, then I'd like to get the most for my buck.

Thanks
    Jennifer
  • Options
    mcbskimcbski Member Posts: 13
    in May. Looks like Ody sales regained most of the 9% they lost earlier this year...maybe due to the 500 dealer incentive??

http://www.hondacars.com/info/news/article.asp?ArticleID=20040602- 56078&Category=currenthonda
  • Options
    Thanks. I have an offer for $28,400 OTD on a Sage Brush Pearl EXL-RES inlcudes pinstripe, splash guards and cargo tray. Should I pull the trigger or keep shopping. Taxes are 2.5%. Thanks. Congrat on the boys.
  • Options
    chazzcage2chazzcage2 Member Posts: 11
    Ok, I have done my share of researchand then some. i currently own a 99 Ody Ex with 95,000 miles on it and I love it. Planning on getting another one and really want the Navi Ody. Question is:
    1. Is the Navi really that good?
    2. I'm not a fan favorite of leather seats so how is the leather and especially in the summer and winter with the heat and wearing short pants and winter being cold?

Thanks~

By the way Maryland has LOADS and I mean LOADS of Odys and dealers are chomping at the bit to deal.
  • Options
    gottaodygottaody Member Posts: 5
    I haven't shopped for your particular configuration, but I have a couple of suggestions for you in evaluating offers from your local dealers. Besides Edmunds, be sure and check Carsdirect.com and other no-obligation websites. For my zip code, Carsdirect has a guaranteed price of $28,319 for an EX-L with NAV (including destination). I also had great luck unexpectedly by soliciting a free quote from autos.msn.com. A local dealer (Milton Martin in Gainesville, GA) e-mailed me a below-invoice no haggle quote which was very close to the deal I ultimately got, and beat Carsdirect by about $1000. If this dealer had had what we wanted in stock, we would have bought from them. If you want leather seats but don't need the NAV, my observation of the Atlanta dealer websites is that they have tons of regular EX-L models on hand. Maybe they will be the focus of Honda's next great lease offer. Good luck!
  • Options
    I wouldn't fool with a hail damaged one. You said you can already buy one below invoice? What are you waiting for?

That's the way I would go. Some of those hail dents may still show in spite of the Dent Wizard's best efforts. Everytime you see this you'll wish you had paid a bit more for an undamaged one.
  • Options
    larryhstanglarryhstang Member Posts: 10
    I want to thank everyone who post his experience on this board, and I want to share my experience with everyone, too.

I just purchased my 04 rock red Oddy EX-L with RES last Saturday. Here is the price breakdown:

Price: 26,000
    Document Fees: 20
    Processing Fees: 99
    Subtotal: 26119

with 5% MD tax: 27,425
    Tag transfer fees: 53

Final price out of door: 27,478

The dealer also gave me 250 gift card to shop for any acceceries. I decided to get a cargo tray, a cargo mat and mud guards. I did not get the wheel lock because I think nobody would steel its wheel.

The dealer can only provide 4.4% financing, so I decided not to finance with Honda.

My friend just bought a Toyota Sienna for 33K out of door three days before I bought my Oddy, but I really think it does not worth it.
  • Options
    lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Hey, please post the dealer name and sales respresentative if you could. I am a couple days away from purchasing an EX-L RES and would be interested to know where you purchased. I live in VA.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Would you please post the Dealersip and Saleperson if appropriate? Thanks in advance.