Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mpritc1019mpritc1019 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up mine today for:
    $32,500
    $499 processing fee
    plus tax, title and license tag.
    They have 0.9% financing that starts on Friday so they let me take the vehicle so I could come back Friday to do financing. I had to sign a promise to buy note.
    I highly recommend Corey at Priority Honda in Huntersville, NC. Every other dealer in my area said that they could sell the EX-L higher than invoice due to the limited supply.
  • Options
    bsiebenal49bsiebenal49 Member Posts: 3
    I've been researching the new Odyssey for a number of months and will be prepared to purchase one shortly. The best thing about Hondas is the value they provide with many years of reliable service and then the ease of disposing of one as everyone loves a well maintained used Honda.

The WORST part of owning Hondas is purchasing one at a dealership. Today, I wanted my wife to able to visit a dealership just to sit in the Odyssey and look at the alternatives of an EX-L vs. a Touring Model. We went to a large Chicago based dealership, Valley Honda in Aurora, and were nearly sideswiped by a couple of teenagers trying to prop a new Accord in front of the showroom window. We went inside the showroom... not an Odyssey to be found. No room according to the receptionist. I know that have inventory but with winds of 20-30 mph and rainy conditions... who would want to browse outdoors in Chicago. Finally, the receptionist said the code words that made my wife and I flee... could I have a saleman assist you?

Needless to say, we were gone in a flash and had escaped the onslaught of b.s. normally attendant with floor salesperson. This was the same dealership that in 2007 sold me a Fit Sport but also sold it to another party unknowingly, same VIN two different customers. With 7 new Hondas purchased in the last 20 years I have many more horror stories. Even my internet experiences leave me non-plused... internet/Costco contact didn't know what the policy is for Costco sales, can't give prices over the phone/email.

So I will grin and bear it as at my age I only have to do this a few more times... then I can rest in peace.
  • Options
    jp8276jp8276 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    hi all-

i was priced the following on an Odyssey ex-l with navi

msrp- 37,230
    selling price- 35,642.46

12000 miles

inception fees $1500

money facor- .001610

lease is $512.94 for 36 months

i was hoping to get him under $500.00....more like $475.00....

but how does this deal look?
  • Options
    hhd3hhd3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I'm signing the paperwork on a 2011 Honda Touring today. I will post a breakdown of stats later. The dealer is locating the van so we have not actually seen it, just provided our choices of interior & exterior colors. We were told to bring a down payment today. Is this typical having not yet seen the car? This is our first new car purchase. Thanks in advance for your input.
  • Options
    nayigadinayigadi Member Posts: 9
    I have seen several ppl on the board who have done that. Make sure you can get your money back if they dont have the van within a stipulated timeframe e.g. 2-4 weeks.

I am not sure which city you are in. But in the DFW area, dealers add on options/accessories and do not include that in the "initial" price they tell you. Let the dealer know you will not pay for any additional options - esp not the ones you dont want on the van. Just in case they can find u the color u want, but it has a lot of accessories on it.
  • Options
    odybyerodybyer Member Posts: 3
    Could you please give me more details like the dealer. I am also looking for a touring.
  • Options
    polarbob99polarbob99 Member Posts: 3
    We used Edmunds "Request Dealer Quote" last week and just about every dealer was out of Odyssey Touring in the Minneapolis metro area. But the Inver Grove Heights Dealership said they has one coming in sometime soon but no ETA. We put a deposit down over the phone using our Visa sight-unseen. It seemed the only way to ensure we had a shot at getting a 2011 Odyssey Touring.

We are taking our 2005 T&C for trade-in value this weekend and if we can come to an agreement on the trade-in value, we'll go ahead and apply for the 1.9% financing and wait for the van to arrive at the dealership. They quoted us $39,800 (the best price within the Minneapolis metro area) for the Polished Metallic Odyssey Touring. I'll repost our experience next week.
  • Options
    5weeksapart5weeksapart Member Posts: 3
    In case some of you thinking about buying an Odyssey have not yet heard, HONDA is offering 0.9% APR financing for 60 months to qualified buyers through May 31, 2011. I was going to wait until late summer to get a new van, but this financing seems too good to pass up.

I have spent many hours the past few nights looking at the inventories of dozens of Northern California dealerships. When they say the Touring and Touring Elite inventory is low, it does seem to be true. I was also looking at the EX-L with NAV and there are several more of those. In speaking with a handful of different salespersons, I am getting the impression that you might be able to "deal" for an EX-L but you should probably expect to pay near MSRP for a Touring or Touring Elite.

If my experience tomorrow with a SF Bay Area salesperson goes as well as I expect it to, I may post again to give you an idea of the cost of the EX-L with NAV that I intend to buy.

Good luck to all serious shoppers! I hope you can also benefit from this post while the APR is so low (through May 31, 2011 supposedly).
  • Options
    1mmeeccee1mmeeccee Member Posts: 1
    I was also looking at the Touring when I happened to talk to a service manager. (He had no idea I was looking to buy, we were test driving my current car.) He started to say how he doesn't know why people pay for the Touring since it is so expensive to replace those run flat tires. He said they are $1,600 a pair to replace at the dealer and you can't put cheap ones on because of the way it's made. Needless to say, this comment made us purchase the EX-L with the Navi and entertainment.
  • Options
    hairmechanichairmechanic Member Posts: 15
    Finally got a Ex-L Navi (the wife wanted it, bleah); no more dealing with the dealers for another 10 years?

$34900 @ 0.9 finance with honda.

Will be doing my trade-in with Carmax; i learned the hard way so perhaps you don't have to, make carmax the first place you go for an appraisal - it's as friendly, no-hassle and as quick as you will have dealings with in the automobile sales industry. Their first and only offer was 3-4 grand above any opening offer by a dealer and ended up being 1K over what anybody would offer after tough and serious negotiations. Getting that appraisal was so important as it allowed me to #1. sniff out the b.s. quotes #2. concentrate only on the price of the vehicle without the trade-in monkey on my back. #3. and if you'd rather trade-in with a dealer to save the hassle of completing 2 transactions, the carmax quote gives you a real solid position to negotiate from.
  • Options
    rzorxrzorx Member Posts: 5
    http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2011/05/sales_mixed_in_april_for_honda.html

Went to a DFW area dealer and offered $34292(invoice+$500) for one of 4 Ex-L NAVs they had on the lot and got turned down today. Just a little surprised that Dallas area dealers still not budging after reading that sales were slow in April for the Odyssey.

Seriously considering the Sienna now that the widescreen DVD and Nav are offered on the XLE and you no longer have to step up to the Limited.
  • Options
    I paid $35,121 for a HONDA EX-L with NAVIGATION on 5-28-11 financed at 0.9%.
    That was $2109 below the MSRP. That price was noted on-line as the "upfront" Internet price and when I inquired about the color (that had not been listed) I received an email response within a few hours of asking. I phoned the salesperson and told him the color I was interested in. He checked the inventory at some of his company's "sister stores" and arranged a swap of vehicles within a few hours. He was able to have the color I wanted on their lot the very next morning.

My interactions with this salesperson (whose name rhymes with "Ref") at a dealership near a "creek" were pleasant and professional. He was courteous with my delay in arrival (keeping my convenience at the forefront) and both he and the finance person were very patient with the time it took for me to decide about the extended warranty, surface protection, and trade in options. He even took the time to integrate my cell phone to the bluetooth and to help me program my home address into the navigation system. I would highly recommend working with him and that dealership if buying in the SF Bay Area is convenient for you.
  • Options
    jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    My 2011 Touring has Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires and I don't believe that they are run flat tires. Maybe the service person was speaking of the 2010 Touring model which I believe had the PAX system.
  • Options
    intiperuintiperu Member Posts: 2
    bobby rahal honda PA. I got similar offer from ciocca honda ( matched Bobby Rahal's and gave 100$ discount). But went with Bobby rahal. Car Buying experience was great dealt over phone and in out of dealership in less than 30 mins(had my own financing).
  • Options
    bach1079bach1079 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for posting. I live in the San Jose area, and had stopped by that dealership ( as well as one further up the peninsula ). I'm looking for a Touring Elite, or a Touring. They seem to be unavailable in the area. That dealer said that they had a few coming in, all but one Elite and one Touring already pre-sold. The manager politely told me that the price would be MSRP, due to supply vs demand, although he hinted at $250 - 500 off msrp. He said that other dealers were charging $2,000 to $3,000 over msrp

The other dealer had one Touring that had just come in, but not prepped for sale yet. No Elites available at all.

Based on your experience there, do you think that I would need to pay msrp for the Touring/ Elite, or do you think that I could get $2k below msrp as you did?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I think that I had asked a similar question to this salesperson the first time I spoke with him on Friday morning. Because the inventory of Touring and Touring Elites is so much smaller than that of the EX-L's and because, at that time, he did not even have one at his dealership that he could offer as a swap with one of their "sister stores" I think he told me that he could probably only go about $100 off the MSRP for a Touring (certainly NOT $2K under). Honestly, I wouldn't expect much movement, especially not this weekend with the 0.9% financing going on. Good luck, however.
  • Options
    getcar1getcar1 Member Posts: 1
    Is this on the road price or before TTL?/
  • Options
    nickg78nickg78 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please PM me the dealer information/I am in market for Honda Ody 2011 EX-L Smoky Topaz or Mocha color.
  • Options
    anandchicagoanandchicago Member Posts: 10
    Chicagoland

base $32705
    destination 600
    Documentation 156
    7% Tax 2351
    Title/registration 194
    electronic filing fee 25 (dont know wtf is that)
    Total OTD - 36034

A bit more than what I could have got but didn't want to let go the 0.9% financing option for 5 years..Splash guard + All weather mats + roof rack - added at no charge.
  • Options
    mtnman11mtnman11 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    I paid a visit to the closest Honda dealer today in the hopes of taking a 2011 Odyssey for a test drive and getting a trade-in appraisal. They were sold out of Odysseys, and won't be getting more until August(!). I'm guessing this has more to do with the dealer underestimating demand than any earthquake-induced parts shortages.
  • Options
    longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    What is the MSRP of this EX-L?
  • Options
    I just paid $39,800 for a Polished Metal Metallic 2011 Touring, got $11,000 trade-in for my Silver 2005 Limited T&C (which reduced my tax base on the overall price of the car), and financed @ 0.9% for 60 months. The minivan still isn't at the dealership but is expected to be in within the next couple of days. They will deliver the van to my house a swap out for my T&C when it arrives. FYI¡K I am in the Minneapolis metro area. Looking forward to seeing this car in person! ƒº Happy hunting!
  • Options
    35230 + price of the freebies..
  • Options
    anicrajanicraj Member Posts: 3
    Finally pulled the trigger yesterday, bought the silver EX-L with RES for $34542 OTD with some freebies like all weather floor mats, cargo mat etc.. 0.9% apr is too good to pass. This is in st louis area. This the amex zag price, salesman started with the MSRP price but once i showed the zag price, he haggled to match but no less.
  • Options
    OTD or base price + TTL?.. amex zag for st louis is 34542?
  • Options
    kyenedkyened Member Posts: 4
    Hi I want to know who you work with? I called Goodson yesterday and almost got the same price as you got but when I get there the other guy told me it's not the OTD price. It was just the price + taxes and fees.

Thanks
  • Options
    I just spoke to our sales rep and she said they no longer make run flat tires for Odyssey's and I quote; "Thank goodness!".
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Trading a car via CarMax can have a negative impact as you will lose any savings on the sales tax. For example, if a dealer offers $15,000 for the trade and the sales tax is 6%, that will be a $900 savings in sales tax in most states. If CarMax were to offer $15,500 for the trade, the net loss would be $400 as there will be no sales tax savings. My experience is that most dealers will approximate the Car Max trade-in value with a bit of negotiating.
  • Options
    anicrajanicraj Member Posts: 3
    its just the sales price for EX-L with RES. TTL is not included in the price.
  • Options
    Guys question.. dealership offered the protection packages (paint, rust, leather) for 499.. didnt negotiate but am sure they can go lower.. is it worth to have that added?

and extended warranty for 7 years for 1895.. to be refunded if warrently isnt used... worth it?

please advise.. Normally i just say no for any of these extra charges but thought will just ask the experts.. thanks.
  • Options
    8 year , 120K warranties can be purchased from many dealerships via phone or email for $1250 - $1295. i forget which one has the lowest but i'm going with bernardi just b/c i purchased my previous warranty from them and i want them to get my paperwork through for the refund. i didn't get hte paint, leather b.s. which was offer to me for $699 - imho it's a minivan i'm going to run into the ground and if the kids dig a hole in the seat, that's where they're sitting, in the hole.

i did cave in this time and get the additional "security" and remote starter for $699. a rip-off for sure but I didn't want to hassle again with finding a reputable alarm installer.
  • Options
    you bring up an excellent point about the tax implications. i don't have that issue as i'm in one of those certain states. :) nevertheless, the fact of the matter is, carmax just offers the best real world trade-in value with no hassle. I'm kinda lucky i only had to drive an hour away to get the appraisal.
  • Options
    shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    I was about to buy a 2011 odyssey and learned that the car has 240miles on it. My friend advised me not to buy it saying it might be a demo car. The dealership swore it's a new car,not a demo. They did trade the car from somewhere else. What do you think? Is it OK to buy this kind of car? Just want to know it so I know what to do next time when I face the same situation. Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    any "new" car with 240 miles is either a demo or driven by some 18year-old minimum wage dealership punk during the xfer. while there is probably nothing wrong with the car, unless the dealership is giving me a heart-stopping deal, i would stick hard and fast to the idea that since i'm paying 35Gs on a new car, i'd rather be the one and only mofo to break-in that engine.
  • Options
    nydr1vernydr1ver Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to lease an Odyssey EX-L in New York and am confused about how the dealership wants to calculate the tax. They said I need to pay all the tax up front, and the amount is calculated by multiplying the NYC tax rate (8.875%) by the monthly payment ($451) by 36 as its a 3-year lease = $1,441. Is that right? This means I'm paying tax on the interest portion of my payments! The dealer says this is standard practice in New York.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    The dealer we bought our 2010 Odyssey EX-L from had to dealer trade to find us the desired color. Our van ended up with ~260 miles on it when we took delivery. Safe to assume the vehicle traded also had ~260 miles on it. So far no issues with our van due to the miles on it before delivery.
  • Options
    cash12cash12 Member Posts: 5
    Wow that is a great deal for Bay Area esp San Jose.

Got a EX-L with no Nav or RES. I went to Spreen Honda in So Cal and paid $32, 097 including destination but before TTL. All in all the OTD was around $35,500. Only complaint was when I spoke with them by e-mail they said I could pick up accessories at their cost and when I got there they didn't have most of the accessories. For the few they did have the prices were higher than Bernadiparts.

Spreen had a really good selection. Process was pretty good, as fast as can be expected. Got a great car with only 5 miles on it.

My experience in the bay area was most dealers were looking for $33,800. The car buying programs through Zag etc were $33,300. Cartelligent was $33,100 but you pay them a $500 fee for the effort. No surprise, the car buying programs were not very useful.

For anyone in bay area you can fly to ONT airport near Spreen Honda for $60 on jet blue or use points like I did - picked me up from the airport drove me to the dealership and I broke the car in on the 6hr drive home.

I hadn't done my research on the warranty and bought at the dealership for more than can be purchased elsewhere but was told it had to be bought there but could be cancelled anytime within 60 days for a full refund.
  • Options
    va_chva_ch Member Posts: 3
    Finally was able to purchase a Honda Odyssey EX-L (Black). I live in MD/DC suburbs. Made the trip to Heritage Honda at Westminster. Dealership was very upfront and professional with no surprises about the price. Below is the price offered (including dealer added Wheel Locks , Splash Guards, and Pin Stripe).

$32,656.00=internet sale price including destination charge
    $99.00=dealer process fee
    $1,965.30=Md taxes ,6%
    $274.00=Md fees, new title and tags
    $34,994.30=total on the road price
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    There seems to be real shortage of Odysseys in the market. I have visited and spoken to few Chicago dealers and they just don't have stock!! I was looking for Smoky topaz EXL and a dealer promised me 7/27 delivery!

Not sure if it's the Tsunami thing or if recent offer of 0.9% APR dried up inventory. Are you folks seeing similar pattern?

Arm
  • Options
    wwwewwwe Member Posts: 2
    This is a better deal than I am finding at dealerships in Charlotte, Rock Hill, and Gastonia. I'm checking with Priority Honda now as a result of your post. Would you be willing to share your invoice/quote? Did your price include any options? Thanks!
  • Options
    asifmasifm Member Posts: 1
    Looked around all over for EX-L with RES but had a tough time as most dealers had Touring or Black. Most were not dealing much but allowed for mid point between cost and MSRP.
    After doing my homework, got a great deal on one from Hudson Honda in West New York and it was quick. Told them I wanted an out the door price with plates transferred.
    They came down to $35,995 OTD. (includes title, fees, taxes, doc). I believe the MSRP alone was $36,080. Had the Wheel locks as well. Not sure why they went down so much especially since most dealers were not willing due to shortage in inventory, but it was the end of the month and memorial day weekend. Plus he had only one in stock, so was surprised. Process was quick to as it was a cash deal.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have been dealing with this dealership for a while, missed the memorial day weekend sale due to pricing and less inventory. I paid the TMV on this trim. The only thing was not satisfied was that he didnot throw in splash guards and wheel locks. The manager was so adamant, both came down to $225 and he agreed for $100. For the same others quoted $499 in the name of appreciation package. I could not deny because of the fact that iam paying TMV for this van.

Here is my breakdown

$33792 (TMV for this trim on internet) +
    $299.99 (window Ethcing) +
    $100 ( wheel locks + splash guards) +
    $399 (VA processing fee ) +
    TAX + Title +Registration

Total = $35,699 (OTD)
    I still would like to buy Honda extended warranty for $1270 from outside by other honda dealers. I forgot the name though. Do you guys thing i need to go for $0 ded plan or a $100 ded plan?

Anyways folks, i am so happy and finally got the van i wanted ( Polished metal with Grey Interior). :shades:
  • Options
    hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Honda increase MSRP AND DESTINATION BY $300 FROM JUNE......LESS THAN TOYOTA SINCE I HEARD THAT THEY INCREASE AROUND 2-3% ON SIENNA.

THANKS
    HP
  • Options
    Just found out on internet i got busted on the window etching, this usually costs nothing for dealer but they charged around $299 from me. It is less than 24 hours, so can i ask them to cancel it? ALso it was so late last night that they forgot to put on the winshield. what are my options at this point?
  • Options
    rncashrncash Member Posts: 1
    I am not familiar with the window etching. What exactly is this? Also am looking for an EXL with RES in Northern VA. Have a dealer offering me same pricing as you basically invoice but I haven't spoken with them about wheel locks and splash guards. The van is supposed to be in next week. Any input or recommendations you have would be great...thanks.
  • Options
    for those in new england, weymouth honda has an EX-L Res and EX-L Nav (black/gray) in stock, the latter was quoted to me for $33,875 (including destination), $299 doc fee. about $700 less than what i purchased my navi for.
  • Options
    zaheer6998zaheer6998 Member Posts: 1
    How much should i pay for an EX in the NE area. I am new to this, if someone can help me with the price. What is the base price is should give them.
  • Options
    doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    So we finally decided to buy a van. My husband really likes the Dodge Grand Caravan but I just can't see myself driving one of those. I took him to see the Odyssey and found a beautiful Celesstial Blue EX-L. The sticker price was just over $35K. I was told by the internet sales person that I could expect $500 to $1,000 off sticker. Well that didn't sit too well with the husband especially when the Dodge Grand Caravan offers bigger discounts. I explained that we aren't comparing apples to apples here. Just wondering if $34K is about the going rate.
    I will be giving up my Lexus RX 350 so if there is someone out there that made the switch from SUV to van and can reassure me, please feel free to do so. Thanks
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    Finally bought a EXL (no nav, no Res) Polished Metal at Honda City dealership in Chicago on Saturday.
    Details
    32585 (includes destination)
    +156 doc fee
    +276 wheel locks and splash guard, bit steep I think :-(
    +TTL per law

Overall good experience. No pressure at all. Got quote using Zag/Amex, negotiated over phone/email and picked up van. No trade, no finance.

Arm
  • Options
    nayigadinayigadi Member Posts: 9
    The auto shippers delivered my Touring Elite last week. Sweet ride. The van was cleaned prior to delivery. Had only 1 mile more than when it was picked up at the dealers in NJ.

Overall very happy with the whole transaction and delivery.

I am surprised the dealers in DFW are still not giving a break on Odyssey prices. I saw the Touring Elite at McKinney Honda floor the other day for 52K!!!