Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    What dealership? Please post your experience there after the purchase. I'm willing to drive up (3 hr drive) to buy it if it's worthed.

Thanks and good luck
  • Options
    rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    I was very skeptical about the deal because all the other dealers in the local area said that they would change the deal on me. For that price it was impossible for them to even come close to it.

When I walked in, everything was smooth. No pressure. It was an 1.5 hour drive for me, but it was worth it.

You can tell them to give you a deal that they gave RJX.
  • Options
    No, I cannot. But, you can contact them and tell them that you want the same deal as RJX. I've told them that I'm posting information on a forum. Since you know what price I paid, you can request a similar deal. Remember I paid $300 (+ $18 taxes on $300) extra to locate the vehicle through a dealer trade, but an instock vehicle should be $318 cheaper than the price I paid.

If you're in MD, Northwest Honda offered me a similar price, but I don't know how the dealership is because I did not go there or buy from them.

Financed through Penfed for 2.99% APR for 60 months.
  • Options
    rucshacarucshaca Member Posts: 8
    rjx,

the "ciocca honda of PA" need the first and last name to price match your deal. I am looking for an exact same odyssey ex-l.

Thanks
  • Options
    rjx,

I just called Ciocca Honda in PA ...their internet pricing for ex-l is $31912. they can not price match or negotiate...weired and a rude dealer !
  • Options
    moinumoinu Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    Rjx
    I called both ciocca and northwest and they seems not ready to match or come close to that price. One guy quoted EXL for 32205 and ciocca quoted for 33800. All these prices are before taxes and all other fees (but includes destination). I don't know what happened to these guys. I clearly explained the price for what others bought (just couple of days back) but they are not ready to negotiate.

If any one gets best quote for EXL in that area please let me know.we can even buy in a group.

Thanks
  • Options
    sport36sport36 Member Posts: 9
    Bought mine for $40,800 (including $300 doc fee) + tax and title. Love all the bells and whistles!
  • Options
    I think I know what happened. I bought mine during month end/quarter end.

I will contact the Internet department and the salesperson to see if they can give you that deal. You guys may want to consider pooling your resources and buying as a group. You will have a greater leverage.

Recommended reading for everybody on this forum: The Insiders Guide to Buying a New or Used Car by Burke Leon. It is out of print, but I was able to borrow a copy from my local library.
  • Options
    odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    It's been about 2 months since purchasing 2011 Odyssey EXL. So far the vehicle is amazing. My wife drives it mostly and she loves it. I drive my Acura TL moslty, but would not miss the chance to drive it during weekends, This is an amazing driving machine with superb handling that gives car like feel. Sometimes, I tend to foget that I am driving a minivan, not a car. For anyone who is in the market for minivan, I would recommend to do a test drive of 2011 Odyssey before you decide.
  • Options
    justpaidjustpaid Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2011
    Dark Cherry Pearl EX-L I just paid--$36,132.15, EX-L including all fees, 7%taxes, and installing the Honda Remote Engine Starter System, Door Sill Garnish, Splash Guards, and Body Side Molding. The vehicle is equipped with carpeted floor mats and paint sealant, and he filled it up with gas for you.
    In Georgia
  • Options
    ketanrketanr Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am looking for a good deal on an Odyssey and your deal seems too good. Kindly share the details of the sales person you dealt with and I'd like to finish off this car hunting ASAP.

I'll appreciate your prompt response

Thanks,
    Ketan
  • Options
    ketanrketanr Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am very much interested to get more details as to what dealership you got this quote as I have been van hunting for over 3 mos and haven't found anything close to this. I live in Central Jersey. Pls reply at your earliest.

Thanks!
  • Options
    justpaidjustpaid Member Posts: 3
    Dark Cherry Pearl EX-L I just paid--$36,132.15, EX-L including all fees, 7%taxes, and installing the Honda Remote Engine Starter System, Door Sill Garnish, Splash Guards, and Body Side Molding. The vehicle is equipped with carpeted floor mats and paint sealant, and he filled it up with gas for you.
    In Georgia
  • Options
    hokiemom4hokiemom4 Member Posts: 1
    Looked at Toyota but don't like several of the features of the 2011 design. (And I'm a pretty dedicated Toyota fan - so it's a sad day for me...) ANYWAY - Looking at Odyssey now instead and wondering what's a good price. Near Houston area. Dealer here quoted an EX-L for me at 33995 - that seems steep. Quoted a Touring edition at 40,300. Also seems steep. Looking for at least an EX-L (love the leather seating) but would be willing to add a DVD player -or - step up to a touring edition. Looking for the truffle leather in the smoky topaz car - is this hard to find? Haven't seen one yet. Truffle leather is only offered in a few exterior colors (silver, topaz, black, white); thus far, only seen it in person in the white.

SO how much further should I haggle my dealer down to? Man I hate the haggle part... but hate paying too much even more.
  • Options
    tulsa1tulsa1 Member Posts: 3
    TX Cowgirl:
    Are you still shopping in Austin? I'm just beginning the process for a new EX-L with NAV in Oklahoma...but my folks live in Austin, so I thought I'd see how things are going for you.

Any luck?
  • Options
    obewanobewan Member Posts: 8
    Looking for a 2011 Odyssey EXL with RES in Western North Carolina. Anyone have their best price paid in this area?
  • Options
    nismofreaknismofreak Member Posts: 120
    edited April 2011
  • Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    How much were you charged for remote engine starter (parts+installation)?
  • Options
    devnshaydevnshay Member Posts: 1
    do you mind sharing where you got yours and sales people that you went through?
  • Options
    akg32akg32 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking around for a Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES in the Seattle area. So far have not gotten a quote of anything less than $34000+Doc ($150)+TTL +Taxes. Does anyone have a better price that they have been quoted in this area?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    i think we all are getting hit by this Japan tsunemi as the asking price for Odyssey has bumped up a little and dealers are now asking more....it;s all a matter of supply and demand....when one goes up, the other goes down.
  • Options
    This was a quote from Route 22 Honda in Feb. It now has gone up by $150
    32451=>32,601 (prices exclude dest)
    Planet Honda also suggested that they would offer me somewhere under 32,500. (excluding dest)

I think their doc fees are around $400. They won't give me the details.
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    I have used this forum a lot to get information about prices and packages. I was looking to buy EXL+RES in Black. I got a price quote of $32575 (including destination) from Continental Honda earlier in March. I could not buy at the time because of some scheduling conflicts. When I called them last week they told me that they have Black but it has Pro package installed and they wanted $33800. They were willing to order one for me witout accessories at $32575. I had talked to Carr's Honda and they were willing to sell me for $32475 +TTL but they did not have Black in stock. I had talked to Brilliance Honda earlier in my search and I called the Internet sales Manger. he told me that he had a Black in stock and the price including destination was $32632 ( Including destination). It also had pro pack installed which was $499 but he lowered it by $100. I took his offer and got the car. Over all experience was good and I would recomend them. You can also check Carr's Honda and in my opinion, their prices were the best.
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    The doc fee in illinois is $158 and it can't be more than that due to illinois law.
  • Options
    I am in the market for EX-L ... but seems the dealers prices are going up like oil prices.

Please look at 2011 nissan quest, complete re-design... i will have a test drive on fri .... seems an excellent competitor. i currently own an infiniti so i know nissan products are equal as like hondas.
  • Options
    jbm160jbm160 Member Posts: 19
    Sorry for the delay; I was out of town. It was Don Jacobs Honda. Very helpful internet sales staff.
  • Options
    mlamb7mlamb7 Member Posts: 1
    Does that include navigation?
  • Options
    kamilkamil Member Posts: 3
    Dallaspatent,

Could you please share the name of the dealer? Thanks.
  • Options
    exlv6naviexlv6navi Member Posts: 1
    Howdy Honda is by far the best place in Austin (or Texas) to buy any new Honda vehicle. We've bought exclusively from Howdy since 1984 and we live in San Antonio where there are three major Honda dealerships. Just bought a new 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite and absolutely love it!! :)
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville Member Posts: 6
    I ended up settling for a deal on a Black Touring at $561/month (12K/year, 36 month), based on a purchase price of $39,492 plus a cap cost reduction for my trade (~$2K). For comparisons outside Chicago, non-tax portion of the monthly fee is $519, with $42 per month in sales and use taxes.

I was able to get several dealers to agree to $550/month on a Touring lease and my trade-in, but no one had Black in stock, and the deals started getting rescinded as news from Japan got worse. I could really feel the noose tightening on getting deals when Toyota announced they were stopping production, with a couple dealers saying there was no way they were going to sell below MSRP when inventory is likely to shut down soon.
  • Options
    akg32akg32 Member Posts: 2
    No, that is just for an EX-L with RES
  • Options
    hspringehspringe Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $31,700 + TTL at Prime Honda in Boston, MA.
  • Options
    adsteradster Member Posts: 3
    Economy Honda in Chattanooga is quoting $32,086 $499 dealer/doc fee on EX-L (no options or accessories). I've gathered quotes across TN and GA, and this is the best I've come up with. Going to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    Gerald Jones Honda in Augusta, GA is quoting $31,585 + $500 dealer/doc fee on EX-L. Best price I've found in GA and TN, and will see if I can match it locally.
  • Options
    shiftishifti Member Posts: 1
    adster,

Do your quotes above include destination?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yes, those quotes include destination. Basically, Economy Honda in Chattanooga quotes $32,085 (includes destination) + $500 dealer/doc fee. Gerald Jones Honda in Augusta, GA said they could beat it by $500, i.e. they would charge $32,085 out the door (so you could look at it as them dropping their dealer/doc fee, or dropping the price to $31,585 and adding a $500 dealer/doc fee).
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I got EX-L/RES (with free wheel locks+splash guard) at Princeton Honda, NJ. Waiting on the Penfed loan check

Color: Cherry w/beige interior

Base: 32,451
    dest: 780
    NJ Tax: 2326.17
    Tire tax: 7.5
    DMV fee: 399
    Doc fee: 197
    Total OTD = 36,160.67

Planning to take 7yr/80K Honda care - 765. Dealer hasn't committed to that price yet. If it goes through, then total OTD=36,925.67

Dealer rates for accessories are way high compared to Bernardi. So, skipped remote start, cargo tray, floor mats.

I might have gotten a better price with Hillside dealers. But their doc fees, no commitment via email, aggressive marketing and an hour drive wasn't worth the difference.

Hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    Congrat on your new purchase. Do dealer's prices on installed accessories vary from dealer to dealer?

TIA
  • Options
    fffvvvfffvvv Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Hi ,

I am looking to buy Honda Odyssey 2011 .
    I am looking for best deal anyone has got for either 2011 EX-L W/RES and EX-L W/O RES in Chicagoland area.

Thanks
  • Options
    nayigadinayigadi Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Can someone please share prices paid for the Touring Elite in the DFW area? Please include the dealer name if the price paid was below MSRP.

I spoke to several dealers and all are pretty much offering MSRP. Lute Riley offered me 1000 off the MSRP through the Costco auto purchase program. But that is the best deal I have seen so far.

Thanks

NayiGadi
  • Options
    BIG disappointment. I just signed papers for 32, 451. I'm supposed to pick up the car this Friday. This evening I see a mail in my inbox with a deal for 31,701.

I know it's too late. But is there any chance I can make a price reduction request?
  • Options
    xyz1981xyz1981 Member Posts: 1
    adster,

Did you work with anyone specific at Gerald Jones ? I'm assuming you worked with their internet department.

I'm near Augusta and planning to buy in the next few days.

Thanks
  • Options
    ohmy3ohmy3 Member Posts: 14
    I gave up getting a touring elite in DFW. I have been searching since November and no one will offer less than MSRP. One dealership was even $1K above MSRP. One dealership said they had a 'great' deal for me but when they emailed me the offer, it was MSRP and when I told them they sent me the MSRP price, their response was "Isn't it a great deal?" All other dealerships were MSRP. I even looked in Oklahoma, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Arkansas and Lousiana for the best deals. Don't give into buying MSRP in Dallas-- everyone was so cocky.

The best deal is Weymouth (search this disussion for pricing and experience on Weymouth). But the wait is incredibly long. I've been on the wait list since November and supposedly my turn is coming up in May.

I was put on the waitlist in December for Corwin Honda in Jefferson City, Missouri and have just received the paperwork to buy the car to make it official. So I will be finally closing the deal in the next couple of days. *Crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong*

Got the deal through zag.com's american express buying program. I started to enter in zip codes of the major cities that are within an 8 hour drive from Dallas and that's how I found Corwin Honda in Missouri with the best pricing for my criteria. They honored the deal I was quoted through the Am Ex program on Zag.

Touring Elite, no trade in
    $40,370
    + $99 doc fee
    --------------
    $40,469 total

Since I purchased out of state, I have to pay TTL at the Texas DMV myself and I haven't calculated that cost yet.

Corwin Honda in Jefferson City internet department was nice, attentive, and responsive. I had to put down a $1K deposit to get on the waitlist and they said it was fully refundable if for some reason I changed my mind before the car got there.

With both Weymouth and Corwin, I found that you have to call in periodically to check your status on the waitlist - be proactive. They don't call to let you know you are #2 on the list or #13, so it's up to you to ask.

I'll write again once I get the car in hand for a final review.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I can't delete the message below. The offer was for EX-L and not for EX-L/RES. I was told it was a mixup.

======================================

If anyone in NJ is looking for EX-L/RES, below is a deal from DCH Academy Honda. This was given to me after I paid $800 more for the same model. The surprise is that the price was dropped more than what I was initially offering.

INTERNET SELLING PRICE: $31,706.00
    DESTINATION and HANDLING: $780
    DEALER INSTALLED OPTIONS: $
    NJ TIRE TAX: $7.50
    DOCUMENTATION FEE: $279

Hope it helps.
    =============================================
  • Options
    Ignore the above message. The new offer was a mixup. It was meant for EX-L.
  • Options
    hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    Hi RJX,

I am also around in the suburbs (Exton) of Philly and started looking for the deals and using your price as a baseline of what you mentioned. It is difficult to get that price, I even visited a dealership (keenan) in doylestown through an auto program and their price was higher that all the prices I received (this whole auto buying program seem to be a joke).
    I was hoping if you could be kind enough to share your invoice copy ( ofcourse black out all your information) except for the price and date). This would make it every easy to talk to Ciocco Honda without too much of haggle.

Did yours have RES ??

LEt me know if it is possible for you, it would greatly help me.

Regards
  • Options
    scamperdoodlescamperdoodle Member Posts: 5
    I got an Odyssey EX-L RES for $35,000 out the door (no kidding..taxes title, plates etc). I added all weather floor mats, cargo protector, cargo folding mat, ambient floorwell lighting, tent, first aid kit, middle and rear seat covers for an extra $985 (dealers cost) after purchase. I found the extras for a little less at http://www.accessories-honda.com/index.php (after shipping, savings of $75 total) Since I needed the foot lights installed, I just got everything from my dealer and paid the extra $75. They gave me their cost on accessories, and had been so accomodating, that I didn't want to split hairs!I shopped on-line and they beat everyone elses price and got us 2.3% financing too! Gotta love the internet! Free market at work!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Congrats. That's a great deal.

Just curious, where is this. NJ? dealership? breakdown?

90% of NJ dealers were very firm at 33152 base price (excluding destination)
  • Options
    moinumoinu Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    I bought my EXL , silver exterior , Truffle interior.
    It's awesome van and I LOVE IT.

Dealer : Bobby Rahal, PA.

I contacted more than 10 dealers in MD, PA,WV,OH but Bobby Rahal was good. Very good in answering all questions.

No NAV/No RES.

Price:
    OTD price $32,821 ( Includes wheel locks and splash guards , taxes, destination, all other charges).
  • Options
    scamperdoodlescamperdoodle Member Posts: 5
    Actually , it was Kalamazoo MI, Haralod Zeigler. I added a ton of accessories, and my total with taxes and everything was $36,000. That included the RES and cargo mat, cargo folding mat, all weather mats, floorwell lighting, two bench seat covers, first aid kit and the tent. They gave me $2,000 for my 11 year old odyssey, we put down $7,000 and financed $27,000 at 2.3%! I'm very Happy! I think this was a good deal, but with car dealers, ya' never know!
    Cheers!