Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dreyfus1dreyfus1 Member Posts: 43
    I see Honda has its 3 Assembly Plants in the earthquake zone. Even if the plants got off lightly there will be rolling blackouts that will slow production. There will be dozens of parts producers also located in the earthquake zone whose ability to produce will be impaired. Even though autos are assembled in North America the parts come from around the world with some of the high value parts in particular coming from Japan. I can see assembly lines slowing down or being temporarily shut down for 3 to 4 weeks. Lack of a simple oxygen sensor made by Denso is enough to stop production, multiply that by a couple of hundred parts and the potential for problems is huge.
  • Options
    sunset_vistasunset_vista Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    I just purchased an Odyssey EX-L w/NAV from Honda of Seattle, today - Timur Malkoc 206-409-2086. This is my fourth new car experience in the last 20 years. It was by far the absolute best! a true 10 out of 10 for me. They listened to me and what I was asking for, the did not try to push what they wanted to sell. And above all gave me the best price out the door of the four dealerships I was working with.

Regards, David E. Berry
  • Options
    dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    Still waiting for someone to post something for South Florida. Prices here still seem to be very high comparing it to listed posts. Please post your experience for South-Central Florida.
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    32K for EX-L with RES seems a good price. Pls share dealer info. Does it include destination?
  • Options
    loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    edited March 2011
    Can you share your price on the EXL/NAV in Seattle? May need to go over there if I have to :(
  • Options
    shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    New here. Can somebody tell me if the truecar.com price is the lowest? Thanks.
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    I got price quotes of $32575, $32475 and $32525 +TTL from three diffrenet dealers and at least 2 dealers have shown willingness to match the lowest quoted price. The price includes destination charge. I am looking to buy during last days of march because than dealers are more willing to deal due to end of month. These prices are for EXL+RES. I am trying to get them to add all weather mats and cargo organizer or cargo liner. One dealer is willing to do while one has declined to do that.
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    That is an excellent price if it includes destination and TTL ( My understanding is that OTD includes destination, tax title and doc fees). Please share the dealer name and information
  • Options
    sweetoothsweetooth Member Posts: 23
    Dear All,
    could someone help find a good deal for a plain EX in NJ/PA area?
    our 2006 odyssey is totalled in accident....was working perfectly well , no issues whatsoever at all...i am told new model does not have 6 CD changer. i loved the feature for hearing books on CD while on long drives. can i still request them to put a 6 cd changer for me.....too sad to loose my lovely 06 odyssey...

thanks for your response please
  • Options
    hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    I was in the market for an EX-L in Dec, the most competitive quoted at that time was from Piazza Reading. I think the amount but was 31838 + TTL. This was without RES or Nav.
    Had the one in Downingtown quoting around 33800.

I am assuming the prices should go down now that it is almost April. But not sure how the Japanese issue will affect the availability and pricing.

Do post your prices, Since I had not purchased it in Dec, now I am ready and am planning to buy it by Next month.
  • Options
    hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    Check my last post regarding the prices. I had got quotes in December.

THat gives you a good price indicator. Do post your pricesand other details nce you get the quotes.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    EX-L w/NAV Base price of $35107.46 + $355 license, title and document fees and of course Seattle tax and .3 excise tax. I also got a great deal on installed Honda Factory options like the Towing Package, Fog lights etc.
  • Options
    anoxunamoonanoxunamoon Member Posts: 2
    This dealership is trying to say 42k for the touring elite. Anyone lease them? I am getting terrible lease quotes on this vehicle at 700 a month! I told them to forget it, i should just buy it for that. Then they came back with price of 650 a month and I said your sale price has to drop or we will never get to the lease price that is reasonable.
    Does anyone know what is reasonable with no money down 15k a year lease?
    Also, the money factor rate is .00187 on the lease preferred rate. Do they multiply that by 31 days for a lease and this comes out to 5.8% a month for leasing? I need help. I have walked out of this place twice, I think they think I am an idiot b.c they got me in their twice now and I told them what price and payment is a deal and everytime they come back with something higher than that and tell me that with the elites they will sell them to someone else for more money and make more than what i want to offer b.c they are so rare! People are paying almost MSRP for them. Then they try to talk me into the EXL when that is not what I want. I was thinking that 40.4k was reasonable to offer and i may even go to a 41k offer but they came back with 42k. I walked on the manager telling him someone else will have to pay that b.c I wont. The salesman came running out to stop me but I am not coming up with more money as I already have to put down some for my trade as it is-so I just dont have it. Just want to see if anyone else has experienced this with purchasing Elite models. Any advice?
  • Options
    newdaddy1newdaddy1 Member Posts: 2
    Bought the 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Dark Cherry Pearl with Beige interior for $32, 455 + TTL at Pacific Honda in San Diego.

Negotiated Price: $32, 455 (including destination)
    Tax : $2844.63 (CA tax is 8.75%)
    Doc Fee: $55
    DMV Filing Fee: $29
    License/Registration/CA Tire Fee: $486.75

Total OTD Price: $35852.38

I was able to negotiate the pro-pack (all season floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks & splash gaurds) for this price. If the truecar invoice price ($32,330) is accurate, then I got it slightly less than invoice (if you consider the price of the pro-pack). Hope I got a decent deal!

The car had only 1 mile on it when I checked it out. I had test drove a different car at the same dealership a week ago. The sales rep promised to match/beat any competitive offer at that time. The best offer I had was $32, 755+TTL including pro-pack from Poway Honda's internet sales dept. So I called the sales guy at Pacific Honda and he agreed to beat Poway's price.

But obviously it wasn't that straight forward. After Pacific Honda agreed to the deal, I was at the dealership within an hour. But when it got to the details, the sales guy said cargo tray & all season mats are not included in the price. I threatened to walk away since that was a bait & switch and he eventually agreed.

I refused everything the finance manager offered (extended warranty for $2300, alarm for $595, lo-jack etc). Their extended warranty is through fidelity (not Honda Care). Initially I had assumed it was Honda care, but later found out it is from fidelity. But even if it was Honda care, I was not going to buy it at that price. You gotto watch out for these things!
  • Options
    iloveteailovetea Member Posts: 3
    newdaddy: congrats on your purchase! I hope you enjoy your new drive. I replied to your post but unfortunately edmund took it down since I gave out my email address :) You got the van about $150 cheaper than my purchase back in mid-Feb.
    Way to go on the extra parts.
  • Options
    brownwalletbrownwallet Member Posts: 1
    Trim: 2011 EX-L with RES, Smokey Topaz (Truffle interior)
    Vehicle Price : $34441 (includes destination, Back Up Sensor, Wheel locks, Splash Guard, Roof Rails, Side Molding)
    Doc Fee: $55.00
    License Fee $397
    CA Tire Fee: $8.75
    Tax: $3187.27

Total OTD: $38,157.02

Picked up my ody from SF Honda today and I love it. Jose Hangad at SF Honda is friendly, nice, and trust worthy and I highly recommend him (will be going back to him when I buy another honda in 6 months). I live in San Jose and tried about 10 dealerships near by, but only SF Honda was willing to sell me one at this price... I am very happy with the price and think I got a very good deal. Jose told me that he is not allowed to sell anymore odyssey at this price, and that I was going to be the last one. I worked with him exclusivly through emails. If you are looking around for an ody, give Jose H. a call/email to see if you can get a similar deal.

-BW
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you very much. It helped me a lot about your info. I appreciate all your inputs. I would have bought this trim for 40k OTD if I had not known this forum. I live in Seattle, WA and every dealer here is pricing high price tag on every vehicle.

Thanks Again
  • Options
    centnjhondacentnjhonda Member Posts: 1
    Hello All-
    I used these forums of actual prices paid and True Car / Edmunds / KBB to come up with a fair target price. I also went to the Costco Honda dealer to see what that price would be as well.
    Costco Honda Dealer:
    MSRP+Dest: 35,230
    Cosco Discount: 2475
    "No Haggle" price: 32,755

Based on all of the information on this site and similar, I negotiated down from here.

Base Price Paid 31,200
    Destination 780
    offer: 31,980

About 775 below Costco negotiated price. Not bad I think for the exact car we wanted straight off their lot.

Had the car the same day- good experience.
  • Options
    dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    What price should I agree on for an EX in the DFW area?
  • Options
    nismofreaknismofreak Member Posts: 120
    Bought my wife her Ody EX-L. This was the first time that I bought a car from a high volume dealer. The good thing was that I dealt with a REALLY nice salesman. When we set the price, he said, "No problem, mon!"

It was the easiest and most pleasant buying experience that I had. This was from Planet Honda in Union, NJ. I really can't say enough about our salesman. He is not pushy at all. The finance manager was awesome in getting us the best rate possible.

2011 Smokey Topaz EX-L
    $31,580 (includes destination)
    $59.99 Nitrogen
    $299 Safe and Secure pgk (window etching and free key fob replacement)
    $2235.73 NJ Sales tax
    $8.30 Online processing fee
    $7.50 MV Tire Fee
    $399 Registration and Title
    $399.95 Doc Fee
    $34988.47 OTD => Include splash guards that were thrown in after the paper work was signed.

Put $5500 down and got 2.69% for 60 months

PM me is you want names. Not all the salesmen there were the same.
  • Options
    ssormssorm Member Posts: 1
    Price paid - $34,300 plus Tax / and Tag Registration

Final price with Tax and Tag was around $35,800

Included dealer installer options wheel locks and splash guards.
  • Options
    saumyapsaumyap Member Posts: 2
    Did you get any extra parts like protection pack/mat/tray???
  • Options
    sri11sri11 Member Posts: 3
    Got a Great deal on Elite.

I could end up my lease early on Subaru Tribeca 3 months before and do not have to pay disposition fee. That saved $1500
    got the MSRP deal of USD 39,780/-
    Paid 5000 down and taxes out of pocket. Got an APR of 2.79%. Total for 60 months.
    I also got free all-weather floor mats, mud guards and 3M paint protection.
    Total price was 39,780-1500= $38,250!!!!
    My lessor is going to sell Subaru for a profit as it had just few thousand mile.
    So every one saved here.

BTW: The elite rocks, awesome sound system and control. GR888888!
  • Options
    Got a Great deal on Elite.

I could end up my lease early on Subaru Tribeca 3 months before and do not have to pay disposition fee. That saved $1500
    got the MSRP deal of USD 39,780/-
    Paid 5000 down and taxes out of pocket. Got an APR of 2.79%. Total for 60 months.
    I also got free all-weather floor mats, mud guards and 3M paint protection.
    Total price was 39,780-1500= $38,250!!!!
    My lessor is going to sell Subaru for a profit as it had just few thousand mile.
    So every one saved here.

BTW: The elite rocks, awesome sound system and control. GR888888!
  • Options
    pmagganpmaggan Member Posts: 62
    Would you mind sharing the name of your dealer? Sounds like a great deal.
  • Options
    I got the deal beacuse I was ending my lease early. However, without any trade-in, the final price without tax and registration would come to $40,300/- for elite.
    The dealer is Corwin Honda in Fargo ND and the person who made the deal was R&G Subaru in Detroit Lakes, MN. You can google R&G Subaru and talk to Drew if he can help you!
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    Received a quote for 29,713 + 780 Destination = 30,493 from a dealership in MD. They have the Smoky Topaz Metallic & Mocha in stock.

I also received a quote for 30,409 (including destination) from a dealership in PA. They have Celestial Blue Metallic with Grey Interior, Smoky Topaz Metallic with Truffle Interior and Polished Metal Metallic with Grey Interior.

I am in the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA. Anybody like to pool resources to get a better deal?
  • Options
    cellphonecellphone Member Posts: 1
    Its looks very good price !! Can you pls give me the dealer info ? I am also in MD.
  • Options
    minivanboundminivanbound Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up my 2011 Touring ELite(somkey Topaz/Truffle) from Bobby Rahal in PA yesterday( sales person was Jason Polin)
    $40,280 including destination + taxes etc.
    Very nice transaction, did everything over web and phone. No added items to increase price, or sales pitch to buy extras. Very professional folks, and great price. Worth the 2 hour drive from MD to pick it up.
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    I made my 500.00 deposit to Acura Framingham, MA last Friday, but I still have not received information about the car or VIN or invoice for the car. They told me that the car will be available sometime today. I was also told that financing could not get through if the bank does not have the VIN. The bottom line is they leave me in the middle of the field that I could not go anywhere. I have contacted them many phone calls, but never received a respond.

Your advice is appreciated. I also look for the best deal of this 2011 MDX Tech/Ent around 48 states if this Acura dealer could not promise their words.

Thanks
  • Options
    gottabekingottabekin Member Posts: 2
    Hi rjx,

Can you please give us the info for those 2 dealers?? I am also interested in the EX-L. Thank you.
  • Options
    trvlrtrvlr Member Posts: 5
    I've been shopping around since November, but no one seems to be dealing much in this area--Central West Florida. I finally settled on the following:
    Celestial Blue Touring
    40,422 w/remote start, tinted front windows & all weather mats
    558.00 dealer fees
    plus tax & registration
    minus trade-in and down payment
    Not a fantastic deal, but I had been dealing with 6 other dealers and most wanted to start at MRSP and go up.
  • Options
    elainemelainem Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone have an idea of good price for extended warrantee for Honda Odyssey 2011 EXL w/nav.?
  • Options
    sukhezersukhezer Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone post their best quotes received for Ody Turing Elite and Turing models in MA?
  • Options
    dungeonlaadungeonlaa Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2011
    36.325,00 Price (Touring)
    530,51 Honda remote start (installed)
    327,20 Roof rails (installed)
    2.323,92 MA Tax % 6.25
    5,00 title preparation
    299,00 Adm Fee
    145,50 Reg Fee
    272,44 Sales comission
    ----------------------------------
    40.228,57 Total

No trade-in, Cambridge Honda MA, 11 December'2010 :blush:
  • Options
    Elainem, I got a 72 month 75k mile Comprehensive Protection Plan (covers all the electronic parts including NAV and blue-tooth) with USAA for $660. The next best I found if you are not a USAA member was from www WarrantyDirect dot com, I think it was around $1300. Every extended warranty I have ever purchased has paid for itself in the long run.
  • Options
    otisalaotisala Member Posts: 1
    Smoky Topaz / Truffle EX-L

31785.00 Inc Destination
    190.00 Fees / Docs
    1941.50 Sales Tax 6%

33916.50 OTD price

Basically 200.00 under invoice with no padded fees/etc

I didn't have a trade and can't speak for financing options as it was a cash deal. No accessories or anything to sweeten the deal. I'll pick those up aftermarket. I felt it was a decent deal, best I could do around here. Fox Honda here in Grand Rapids, MI was a real pleasure to work with. No games and they didn't really try to upsell me on anything beyond a simple mention which I politely declined and that was the end of it.
  • Options
    sukhezersukhezer Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot! I am more interested in Turing Elite. I will appreciate input from any 2011 Elite buyer in MA.
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    rjx,

Could you provide the name of MD dealer that offered 30,493 for EX-L ? it sounds like a good price.

TIA
  • Options
    It was Northwest Honda. I contacted them through Edmunds.
  • Options
    a2michigan1a2michigan1 Member Posts: 1
    Just landed a great dreal, especially according to truecar.com.
    Purchased a new 2011 Honda Odyssey EX (only option was the cargo tray) for $28,750 before taxes and documentation fee. Out the door with taxes and documentation fee was $30,724.84 which was $1000 less the sticker price on the vehicle ($31,730). Got in the middle of a pricing war between two dealerships and that was the lowest price. I also had frabic protection done to the inside but was never charged for that ($300), but I'm thinking that was a mistake on their part. :shades:
  • Options
    jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    Fabric protection which consist of a couple of spray cans of protector. I never understood why anyone would pay for that anyway. Same with under body protection or window etching...... Nice deal on your vehicle though, enjoy!!!
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    I am about to pull the trigger on the following deal:

2011 Odyssey Touring
    Price $37,900 (includes all fees and destination charge, does not include taxes and DMV)
    OTD price of approximately $41K

Is that a good deal?

Also, i am being told that i would need a $500 dollar deposit to locate the car that i like (Polished metal metallic) - any thoughts on whether this deposit request is legitimate (i am told it is 100% refundable)?

Your help is appreciated.
  • Options
    anoxunamoonanoxunamoon Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good deal to me. You cant touch one here in Northern VA for less than 42k. They want to sell them MSRP to tell you the truth. One dealer said he has 20 people on a wait list for the Touring Elites b.c they dont know when they will be getting any more in. They wont move on the prices for them right now. I wonder if this is the best time to buy. I paid 42k for my silver elite with mud guards not sure if that is the best deal but when colors and the car are slim picking and others are looking at the car at the same time you are....well I just said Ill take it.
    For a touring 40.4k sounds about right during this time of year.
    Enjoy the new ride! Also, I bought some after market stuff for mine online they say prices for xtras like the side molding, visors, and mats will be going up as of April 1. I went to Bernardi's online and they have great prices compared to the dealer prices! I think the tourings look so much better with the side molding front hood visor and roof rails. They just look sharper. Check it out if you want.
  • Options
    moinumoinu Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    Can you please share the dealer info. I am planning for Silver EXL.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    We had to make a similiar deposit when we purchased our 2010 Odyssey. Dealer quickly located suitable van and no issues.

I would put a time line on when the dealer had to find vehicle. And use credit card if possible for the deposit.
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Thank you, i will try to do both (timeframe and credit card).
  • Options
    elainemelainem Member Posts: 7
    What is USAA. I never heard of this. Is there a cost to belong to this company?
  • Options
    USAA stands for United Services Automobile Association. A group of Army officers founded USAA in the early twentieth century because they were unable to get auto insurance from more traditional issuers. They formed an insurance pool and agreed to insure each other. USAA has since expanded first to officers of all the armed services, then to their dependents, and lately to enlisted personnel. They now insure over 3 million people. The business structure consists of USAA and a number of subsidiary companies; your type of affiliation with the military, along with your driving record, dictates which USAA company will insure you.

USAA membership is extended to military officers (regardless of time in service), enlisted personnel above E-4 with more than 4 years of service, students in commissioning programs, and selected other federal employees, such as officers in the Foreign Service. Eligibility is also extended to officers and enlisted personnel who have separated or retired within the last 2 years. USAA also has a policy of “once a member, always a member”, so you don’t lose your eligibility when your military status changes. This group adheres to the original business model; they technically own the assets of the association and share the profits when USAA has a good year, and also receive premium rebates.
  • Options
    The one in MD is Northwest Honda.