Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    disneyfansdisneyfans Member Posts: 1
    I am wanting to buy the same Odyssey as you ( houstonodhunt) which dealer did you buy from? I live in TX. Many ThANKS
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    His post states that he got his Odyssey at Goodson Honda.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    I've just started looking for an EX-L w/RES. Can anyone suggest a decent price for NJ, if possible with the breakdown. (Base price, taxes, dealer processing, anything else?). Apologize if asking for too much.
  • Options
    odyssey2011odyssey2011 Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased my new 2011 Odyssey EX-L and I LOVE it! I bought it at Landmark Honda in N.VA.

Buying experience:
    Excellent! I could not get there until late on a weekend evening. They took their time---never rushing, answered all my questions & negotiated respectfully...even though they were there working way past their closing time...great experience.

Price:
    I purchased the EX-L (no RES/NAV, I do not want it) with mud guards, wheel locks and all-weather mats for $31,252 + $385 dealer processing fee + TTT. Best price around...and I shop.

FYI:
    I am a loyal Honda owner (this is my 2nd Odyssey & I have owned several other Hondas) and I had no prior contact with this dealership before this purchase. In fact, Landmark was more cordial and beat out the price of the Honda dealer (Pohanka) that I have an 8+ year relationship with...8+ years of service, purchase of 3 cars and numerous references I sent that purchased there as well! But that's a whole other "bad service/non-grateful to loyal customer" story that someone at Pohanka has already heard about...... :)

Good luck and enjoy your new Odysseys! They are pretty amazing vehicles.....loving mine!
  • Options
    pricewpricew Member Posts: 18
    Does this include destination. Your deal is better than anything I can find in the major cities of texas after bargaining.

I have contacted and bargained with most Honda dealers in Dallas area, couple in Austin, 4 in Houston and one in San antonio.

The cheapest I have gotten is 32,950 with all weather mats, cargo tray, tint, wheel locks, edge guards, door sill garnish. All these extras except for tint one can buy online for about 575 bucks and if you add tint say 200 bucks. That is 775 + tax so around 825 bucks. If you take this out my price comes out to be 32, 125.0 Still a significant difference.

Goodson Honda is claiming they have not sold their odyssey at the price another person claims on this forum just a few days ago in Houston.

Anyway either the demand is higher in Texas or there is a short supply around here.

PW
  • Options
    Yes, destination was included in my price.

To clarify......my EX-L price was $30,472.00 + 780 destination charge for a total of $31, 252.00. I was really happy with my price.

Maybe you are right and there is a higher demand or shorter supply in Texas...or a combination of both (the supply is not as great where you are, which may make the demand seem higher???).

There are several dealors in the Greater DC area (good supply) and my dealor had a very large inventory of Odysseys (HUGE supply), so they definitely deal in volume. I was told when a dealer buys in large volume from Honda, they get the vehicles cheaper and can sell them at a reduced rate to the customer & still make money.

Also, I know it is always in the buyer's best interest to have the car you want to purchase sitting on the lot where you are trying to buy, instead of the dealer having to make a 'dealor trade' to get what you want.

Hope this all helps....good luck!
  • Options
    themanrmthemanrm Member Posts: 7
    It is time to give back my 2 Cents to this forum.

Purchased Odyssey EXL (Black Perl with Truffle Leather Interior) on Saturday 02/05/2011 (no RES or no NAV) from Landmark Honda, Alexandria, VA

Figures from the Buyers order (Invoice) -

Retail Price 30146.5
    Destination 780
    Reg Fee 27
    Dealer Business License Tax 53.23
    Sales & Use Tax (VA) 939.35
    License Fee 65.5
    Processing Fee 385

Total (OTD) 32396.58

The van has Mud Guard, wheel locks, tint and strips. But it doesn’t have all season floor mats or cargo organizer.

I got a slightly better OTD quote from Bel Air Honda in MD (OTD - 32312.29, with Wheel Locks and Mud Guard) and got price match from Soprt Honda MD and Fairfax Honda VA.

Since Bel Air Honda was around 2 hours away from my place I had to turn away from their offer. Sport Honda, MD didn’t have Mud Guard or wheel Locks and Fairfax Honda VA were a day late to respond.

Everything was done over email. Once the price was finalized made my first call to the sales manager checked his availability, went to Landmark Honda, signed the papers got the key. No surprises no headaches.

:)
  • Options
    ricpicricpic Member Posts: 2
    2011 Odyssey Elite. UseD Bank of America Car Finder to get great price when no one in NY was budging from sticker price. Purchased from Dealership located in MA. Car was delivered mid December to my NY residency.

From day one, noticed dangerous hesitation at speeds 10 to 25 MPH. For example, slowing down when approaching turn-abouts or traffic circle. Braking to enter then accelerating to exit. Accelerator goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds without response, then kicks in. Also happens when turning right at green arrow (slowing then accelerating).

Immediately spoke to dealership. Sales rep said he has not heard of problem but said Elite has new transmission.

Right after Christmas drove to FL. Encounter problem several time. Thankfully avoided being run into when I could not accelerate immediately.

When I arrived in SW FL went to local Honda dealer immediately. First appointment was in one week. Service rep who scheduled appoint did not ever hear of problem but said Elite was all new.

When I went to drop off car a different service rep said he had heard of this problem but there was no fix. He explained problem in detail just by reading my scheduling notes stating “hesitation in accelerating 10 – 25 MPH.” He said it is a known problem with no fix. He said it has been happening in previous year Hondas.

Was checked out by different Service rep, He said tech drove car but could not recreate problem. Connected to computer found no problems. Service rep said he checked online to see if this was a reported problem or if there was any updated but both were negative. Said to check back if problem continues.I TOLD HIM THAT THE SERVICE REP WHO CHECKED ME IN SAID IT WAS A KNOWN PROBLEM HOWEVER THIS SERVICE REP SAID HE WAS UNAWARE OF PROBLEM!!!

Mean time not a happy camper!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Clarification:
    Also for the price I paid, it included the pin-striping on the van but I don't care for it, so I declined.

My van has tint on it as well, but I believe that is standard on the model I purchased, not an add-on expense.

I went in with my own financing at 1.99% for 60 months...Honda Financial could not beat it. Their best rate offered right now was .26% higher.
  • Options
    Can you please share from which bank you got the 1.99? Navy Fed?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yes, Navy Fed. Is that who you used as well?
  • Options
    No unfortunately I am not eligible to join Navy fed, so i financed through DCU for 2.54. Do you/anybody know about any credit unions which offer 1.99 or less?
  • Options
    That's the only place I found that offered 1.99%. Everyone else was at 2.25%, 2.88%, 3.88%, etc.---even for pristine credit.

It did seem the credit unions (generally) have better rates. That's what I have found in the past as well.

Enjoy your new Odyssey!
  • Options
    babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2011
    Is this just a sales ploy are are certain colors more rare than others? Certainly they make more black, white, silver and grey but, of the others (blue, red, brown, gold), is one more rare than the other? I keep getting dealerships who quote me a price and then tack on an add'l $1000 or so for the rare color. What's up with that?
  • Options
    Thank you for getting back to me. Can you tell me which Credit Union is offering 2.25?

I am sure you are enjoying the new Odyssey too. Have fun... :shades:
  • Options
    The 2.25% was Honda Financial, not a credit union. I checked around (banks/credit unions) and of those that I checked, Navy Fed beat them all.

Thanks, I am thoroughly enjoying mine...we do own a beautiful minivan. :D
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    Would you mind sharing the name of Credit Union with us. O am looking to buy one.

Thanks
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to buy an EXL+RES in 48302 area? Has some one bought recently and have an idea of OTD price? Can you recomend a dealer.

Thanks
  • Options
    odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2011
    I got 1.99% for 60 months from Dupage Credit Union. If you live in Chicagoland, this is probably the best deal (as far as I know) out there now
  • Options
    lonobiscuitlonobiscuit Member Posts: 4
    I contatced Landmark based on this info and they claim they never offered such a deal. Said they'd lose $1800 on that deal. Best OTD price they supplied me "for a North Carolina customer" was 34.9k for an EX-L (no Nav or RES).

Who at Landmark gave you that deal?
  • Options
    LOL

I called Landmark too, told him a friend of mine got this deal and here is the response I got (Note : In keeping with the rules of the forum I removed the cell phone of the salesperson and his name too).

PW,

The deal that your friend got a few weeks ago no longer exist. We would need at least another $1000.00 to make your deal complete. Please contact me to let me know when it would be possible to schedule an appointment. Thank you.

New Car Sales Consultant
    Landmark Honda
    703-823-8000 Office
  • Options
    kyspireakyspirea Member Posts: 2
    In Dayton at Matt Castrucci Honda:

$32,410 + tax, title, etc
    OTD $34,981
  • Options
    minivantimeminivantime Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate the posts regarding the 2011 EX-L prices in the NorthEast. I am in Northern NJ and just began looking at both old and new Ody's, as we have a new addition to our family arriving any day. I am a little hesitant to purchase a used Ody after reading everywhere about all of the transmission issues with the previous generations.

Specifically, I have been looking at 2008 EX-L's in the neighborhood of 25K (approx). That doesnt seem like a great purchase considering that some people have been able to purchase 2011 EX-L's for approx $30,472. Too bad Landmark in N. VA doesnt seems to be willing to offer that price to anymore.

That being said, perhaps they would have tried to "low-ball" me on my trade in, 2007 Accord, to make up the difference. In NJ, dealers seem to use a GALVES vehicle appraisal system for trade-in's, which seems to be a complete joke (In my opinion).

Any opinions on the situation??? Thank again.
  • Options
    "Said they'd lose $1800 on that deal."

That is a Joke. If 3 more dealers in the same area can match the price they should be getting enough profit.
  • Options
    My deal was very similar to themanrm's deal, and I know mine happened as well...

The fact that they did a deal once doesn't mean they will do it again, soon or ever. Unfortunately, timing has a lot to do with car buying and 'getting that good deal' an individual is looking for.

For whatever reason, they are not willing to do it right now.....keep searching and hopefully you'll find the deal you are wanting. Good luck!
  • Options
    Yep I just called Landmark. I even sent email to the salesman that I was given but the reply is they are not doing this anymore and need another 1000 bucks. That is a deal breaker for me as I am in Texas and although I come often to Washington area the math does not work once the price is raised by 1000 bucks.

Oh well

Thanks to everyone. I am pretty close to doing the best deal I can find in Dallas which is 32,950 + TTL with Mud guards, Soor sill garnish, cargo tray, all season weather mats, window tint, edge guards, wheel locks

PW
  • Options
    flsailor1flsailor1 Member Posts: 7
    I'm hoping to buy an EX in Central FL and would like to know which dealer is most likely to sell at the best price. Thanks for the great forum.
  • Options
    rwdwrwdw Member Posts: 2
    Update: After driving new Quest base model which had 2 consoles front an middle, ran back to Honda dealer and bought LX, I will just have to deal with not having console (with aftermarket parts) Paid 25,977 for LX and got 2000 trade in on 2000 ody. lx
  • Options
    trehutchtrehutch Member Posts: 1
    I got a fully loaded 2008 EX-L every option for $25900 with 31,000 on it, here in portland oregon
  • Options
    ohmy3ohmy3 Member Posts: 14
    Dallas area is still asking for MSRP and unwilling to come down. After reviewing this forum, I put down a deposit on Weymouth because of their really low price. I don't think I'm anywhere near getting a car before May. So I starting conducting searches on Zag.com and looked at major cities around me that were within a day's drive.

Found Corwin Honda in Jefferson City, MO with Elite for invoice, so now I have a deposit with them for the next Elite they get in. So even if I ship the car to me, I'm still saving thousands over what the Dallas dealers are charging. BTW, while searching on Zag, there are other closer cities within a few hours that are charging less than MSRP. So if you live in Dallas and don't want to pay MSRP or the high prices for other models, there are options if you are willing to go through a little trouble.
  • Options
    bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    San Antonio, TX has Touring models less than MSRP. Check Gunn Honda. They have one below 40k.
  • Options
    utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    I have been frequenting the forum since Nov trying to determine how best to get a touring elite in SoCal for a reasonable price. After multiple calls and a willingness to buy out of state like ohmy3 I think I found a good deal.

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
    Smoky Topaz - Truffle
    $40,218 (including destination)

They would only sell with a couple of accessories which I tried to refuse but it was the only way to get the deal done (so they could make a little more money of course) - $288 for mudguards, cargo tray

Used cars.com to find current inventory and knew this dealership had multiple elites and the color was tough to find. The edmunds inventory search is not updated as frequently. Emailed a quote from Bobby Rahal in Mechanicsburg in a price match. Bought it from Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake, IL. Great experience with D.H. (check dealerrater for name as unable to give it on this forum).

Still have to pay $1100 for enclosed shipping, $3800 for CA taxes, $550 for CA registration but in the end even after the shipping expense I probably saved $1500 compared to dealerships in CA and we needed the van soon so I did not have the luxury of waiting for the SoCal market to come down.

We did place a deposit at Weymouth in MA in Nov but they could not order the vehicle until the spring although their price is the most competitive if anyone is willing to wait. I found Bobby Rahal's quote to be competitive as well but communication with the their internet staff was very poor (calls and emails never returned, calls never getting through to the internet sales guy so I elected not to work with them).

Good luck to all of you.....

utc2
  • Options
    UTC2,

The best deal you could have had was Weymouth, but like you said, the wait for it is obscene. What you got is still one of the best deals for an Elite. Great job on getting it.

Who are you going are to use to ship? I'll need a good reputable company too and want it pristine when it gets here so I will need enclosed shipping.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking for the touring elite... Next model up.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    So, after driving the Quest, what was the determining factor that led you to purchase the Honda instead?
  • Options
    utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    Ohmy3,

Very happy with the deal. Just hope the car comes in without any scratches or dings from the transport.

I've been told that Intercity and Passport are two of the best companies for enclosed (tell Intercity you're a 6speed member for a discount) but they are also two of the pricier options.

I went with the broker who contracts with independant truckers using the business name Head of The Pack. I'll let you know how it goes as I should get the van in about a week.

This site was pretty helpful in reviewing companies:
    http://www.transportreviews.com/

Good luck.

UTC2
  • Options
    prngrnowprngrnow Member Posts: 1
    pricew,

Can you please tell me which dealers in Dallas area are offering the best prices on 2011 Honda EX-L w/RES? We are also evaluating buying this model?

Your post quotes 32,950 + TTL with Mud guards, Soor sill garnish, cargo tray, all season weather mats, window tint, edge guards, wheel locks. Which is the dealer here? Does the vehicle have RES?

thank you in advance,
    prngrnow
  • Options
    Send me a msg at pricewala at gmail
  • Options
    bmwx5mbmwx5m Member Posts: 9
    Vehicle Price: $38,923 (incl destination)
    Doc Fees: $239
    Taxes: $2433
    Tags: $125

Total OTD: $41,720

Weymouth Honda. Other than the wait, completely painless, and the best price around (I think). For everyone on their wait list, we just freed up an order allocation spot...you're welcome!
  • Options
    sullysassullysas Member Posts: 5
    srjain,
    Although I do not live in the NE Region (I live in Austin, Texas), I would be interested to know if you did a trade in along with buying the Touring when you got the 38K deal with all of the extras? Sounds like you got a great deal from the many prices I have seen in our area, though I know the pricing varies by region. Please forgive me if this is evident in another post, as this is my first night on Edmunds forum. Right now it looks like the best deal we can get is $38,500 with no extras. Is Autosport a large dealer in your area? It might be worth it for us to purchase one up there and drive or ship it back this spring! Congratulations on a great buy!
    Thanks,
    sullysas
  • Options
    srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    sullysas,
    we did not trade in our car with Autosport .We had a Kia sedona minivan for which Autosport was not giving much so we sold it to a local used car dealer in our area who gave $400 more that Autosports' trade in value.We know whoever buys them does make a lot of money when they fix and sell, but we rather give buisness locally ,was our thought.

Autosport Dealership is very lousy at returning phone calls,the whole experience was very stressfull beacuse we recieved our van a whole month late which is not that bad,but combined with unreturned emails and fone calls and an unreliable Kia van (at its last straw without major repairs of $2000) we are just glad the whole ordeal is done.

The only reason we bought from them was competitive pricing and initially they lured us in with saying we can do a swap with another dealership and get the vehicle for us in a few days.....this was thanksgiving weekend and we finally got it last week jan !

My 2 cents, find another dealer.

But the vehicle is great!
  • Options
    srjain,

Thanks so much for the reply. My message probably didn't make much since - I said $38,500, but I meant $39,500! I understand that dealing with Autosport was a bad experience, especially given your situation. We are in a situation where time is on our side, but given that communication would be a key, we wouldn't use them either. I think I will do a new post to see if anyone can tell me recent prices paid for a touring in our region. Hopefully, we will be enjoying riding in an Odyssey soon!
  • Options
    We are trying to purchase a 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring and are in the process of negotiating with several dealers and would like to know what others are paying in this region (Texas). Currently the dealers don't have many on their lots. The MSRP is $41,535 for tourings, including the destination charge, and the best deal it looks like we can make so far would be $39,500. This may appears to be a good deal based on TrueCar.com great price of $39,570 and Edmonds.com True Market Price of $39,741. We live in Austin, but one dealer in Dallas (David McDavid Honda of Frisco) wanted to sell us one for the great price of $39,700 or so and then told us in the ninth hour that they add accessory packages to all of their vehicles once they arrive on the lot, as most dealers do in Texas (really?) - so we would get window tint (lifetime warranty), mud guards, door edge guards, pinstripe, locking wheel lug nuts, cargo tray for the great price of $1696 (doesn't seem like a great price to us and we said no thanks -didn't appreciate the way that surprise came at the end!!). Any feedback/advice would be appreciated, as we are thinking about closing a deal!
  • Options
    hkbnyhkbny Member Posts: 3
    I have the same exact problem with my new 2011 Odyssey EX. Many times there is a 1 or 2 second delay in acceleration at slow speeds. Could be dangerous. Have not yet brought it back to the dealer as I'm hoping the problem will disqppear as the car is broken in. Now have 700 miles on the car and proble still exists
  • Options
    dobber2dobber2 Member Posts: 2
    $34,211+$190 Doc fee+$15 Title Fee+$130 Plate Fee=$34,546 OTD (Plus MI tax of $2104).

Fox Honda on Feb 18th via Rodney. This was the easiest car purchase we have ever made. No strings, no added options forced on us, etc.
  • Options
    dreamhome27dreamhome27 Member Posts: 8
    Does $32410 include destination($780)?
  • Options
    bhstbhst Member Posts: 2
    I got the following quote for 2011 Honda Odyssey Ex-l with navigation 34117(with Destination fee) + TTL. Is this a good price. I am shopping around the metro Atlanta area and this dealer is the best offer I got so far. I tried so many dealers but no one coming near this.
  • Options
    dsaintdsaint Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I've just started asking for quotes around my area (chicagoland - cook county) and right now this is one of the best I got for a 2011 Odyssey EX:

28,840 (includes destination fee)
    31,560 OTD

Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? I've tried checking some posts for Chicago purchases but it seems that EX-L is the more popular option in here. I'll appreciate inputs since I'm looking forward to purchase soon -- just had my 2nd child and we need the bigger transportation.
  • Options
    jerrsnbrgjerrsnbrg Member Posts: 6
    What dealer is this in atlanta?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    renhrenh Member Posts: 1
    I am curious what dealers in Austin are you able to get the 38,500? I have contacted all of them and none will go off the MSRP! They say they can't keep enough of them on the lot.