Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tthanhtthanh Member Posts: 4
    Got it on Friday from Browns Honda.
    I sent a request on Saturday asking abour dealer accessories. Still awaiting a reply. Normally, I'd expect they charge the lock wheels, splash guards and maybe door edge.
  • Options
    sridharhssridharhs Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like a good deal. I just bought an EXL w/RES two weeks ago for $33,060 + TTL. My price included pro-pack, wheel locks, cargo mat, mud guards. No all-season floor mats though. :)
  • Options
    naturewalk1naturewalk1 Member Posts: 3
    Bought it for $32,797 + TTL (slightly less than $500 over invoice) at Avery Greene in Vallejo. I know some people on here have gotten significantly better prices but for this area this is a great price. I have a connection through a relative who would have given me invoice + ~$200 but he couldn't get the van. He told me I should buy if another dealer could get it for 5 or 600 over invoice because that's a great deal.

Of note, Tracy Honda also offered this price but I went with the closer dealership.
  • Options
    bavctbavct Member Posts: 3
    Hello. Thank you all for making this forum so educational. I'm shopping for my first Odyssey and have been given the following internet prices:

2010 Odyssey Touring: $ 34795 just add tax and DMV
    or
    2011 Odyssey Touring Elite: $ $40938 just add tax and DMV

First, are those prices reasonable? The dealer on the 2011 told me this is their "no haggle price" while the dealer on the 2010 did not say they wouldn't go lower (they didn't say they would either!)

I'm leaning towards the 2010 because I just can't get past the lightning bolt design on the 2011.

My other option is the 2011 Sienna Limited, but it looks cheap inside and I'm not thrilled with the idea of the run-flats.

Thanks for any input anyone has.
  • Options
    cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    I faced the same delima back in Oct and I went for the 2010 for many reasons.
    The $6k +tax savings is major. I like the new design but not for $6k. We love our decision and don't regret we bought right under your price. Are they offering low interest 0% or 0.9% on 2010s still? If so another major savings. Your total savings could almost buy you a 2010 Civic DX
  • Options
    I am paying cash, so I don't have to worry about the financing. Did you pay just under the amount I was quoted with any trades? I have an old clunker that I'm using just to get rid of it.

The car has been there since July (I've been watching it) so if I wait and try and do better I don't know if I will, but it doesn't seem like anyone wants this last white one!
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    Your quote is better than mine. I got quote around $31,300 for a 2011 honda odyssey w/o RES or NAV from a MD dealer. If you don't mind sharing the dealer name, please pm me.

TIA,
  • Options
    skalakotiskalakoti Member Posts: 8
    Hi Sridhar,

DId you have a trade when you get this deal; I spoke to David Mcdavid and they said you had a trade in vehicle and hence got that deal.

Could you please send me your email to srini523@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Srinivas
  • Options
    utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    Bavct,

What part of the country are you located? In California for example that price for the Elite would be excellent however in the Northeast (Boston in particular) the price would be competitive. Regardless, if the $40,938 includes destination I think its a good price. I have been looking and emailing dealerships across the country for some time now as I unfortunately live in SoCal and the supply for the elites still outweighs the demand here.

Good luck....
  • Options
    I am in Connecticut and the dealer is in Westchester, NY. I spoke with the dealer today and the only one he has available for immediate delivery is Smoky Topaz.

Unfortunately, the dealer who offered the price on the 2010 has backed down saying "he made a mistake" and thought I meant a Certified Used 2010 that he has. And damned if he refuses to toss in floor mats no matter which vehicle we are talking about. I also can't get him to specify the warranty.

I think I'll take a break for a few days.
  • Options
    durantdurant Member Posts: 5
    Ok I just got a better deal on EXL w/RES ....32631 includes the all season floor mats. I also got 1100 more on my trade :) Do you know what invoice is on this car? I would continue to work the deal at other dealers but I am pretty busy with 4 kids :)
  • Options
    Hi we have been at this a few days now ourselves...we had a similiar experience in that they gave a quote on a EXL Not a EXL w/RES when we got there. Get internets quotes and then go show your trade to a couple of the dealers you got quotes from then put them against eachother. It worked I just saved 1400. today and the company I am going with gives a free set of tires also :) I do have to say though we fought back and fourth with the first dealer and the second gave them a chance to beat the first, it worked! If I count the tires I saved about 2200!!!!
  • Options
    tkinseattletkinseattle Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a 2011 EX-L here within a month and have been doing research as well ask asking for internet quotes.

However, Im running into a wall here. No one except one dealer offered an internet quote.
    Everyone else is asking me to come in.

Also, the prices im seeing online here in this forum are super low to what i've been quoted both online and in person. I saw someone with an EX-L w/ Nav purchase at $32k and change. I can't even get that quote for just a basic EX-L.

Does anyone else in the NW here have any good quotes or experiences? My lowest quote i received was for $34k and doesnt include any fees or tax.

Thanks
  • Options
    audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2011
    After tiring of chasing incredible deals in NJ, the idea of paying full MSRP in PA, being jerked around, and being disappointed that no dealer could locate a Touring Elite in my color choice (Dark Cherry Pearl) I decided to go with the Touring model.

I lucked out yesterday and located the only Cherry Touring currently in the region (MD, DE, NJ, PA) - Martin Honda had one sitting on the lot.

They quoted me $1,500 over invoice & $492 for the roof rack / crossbars - while not a steal, I felt it was fair, especially since there seem to be few of this color available.

With 2 phone calls and a few back & forth emails everything was settled in a few hours. Numbers were emailed to me, itemized - without a hassle about putting it in writing.

There were no "one liners" or pressure involved - a straight up honest transaction. There were no dealer accessories installed on the car, and they did not pressure me one bit on any of the "extras".

When I showed the finance manager the quote from Bernardi for the HondaCare he came within $15 for the same plan - so I did get it from them. They even let me pay for the roof rack/rails separate from the car so I could take advantage of Delaware's "tax-free shopping".

If anyone stumbles on a vehicle they have been looking for at Martin Honda of Newark, DE then I would go for it and know that you will have a relaxed purchase experience.
  • Options
    srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    Hey can u share how much u paid for your touring?i remember u had mentioned u were getting an elite from Autosport Honda
    we still havent gotten our smoky topak touring from Autosport Honda.They told us December 25th week,apparently the dealer from whom they were getting it sold it to some one else.All these dealers are liars! we are so mad.We put down our depost the week after thanksgiving,we are now supposedly getting it last week of january.
  • Options
    I never gave AutoSport a deposit (thank goodness). The salesperson called me back and said they didn't have allocation for Elites, and when I called / emailed to follow up with him (several times) he didn't answer or return my calls.

I gave up & started over. I could have made a stink about it (thought about it several times) but decided I didn't want to deal with a company with these practices, especially because they are over 2 hours away.

@ Martin DE, for a Touring:

Invoice $36,903.00 (same as published on Edmunds)
    Markup $1,500.00
    Roof Rack and Cross Bars $492.00 installed (got these tax free, pay outside of the deal)
    HondaCare 72/100K $820.00
    Doc Fee $125.00.
    Tags/Registration $96.00

They gave me the published Edmunds Trade-In value or my old car.

They work with Bank of America so I was able to take advantage of their current published rates (2.89% top tier / 2.99% 1 tier down).

They will allow up $5,000.00 down payment on a credit card.

I am so happy to have this purchase complete and my sanity back.. this process had been drawn out way too far for me.

Good luck everyone!!! :)
  • Options
    srjain - you should call them today!! I think they had a Smokey Topaz Elite in stock! Ask for Kim.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Once you put down a deposit, the dealership has you "on ice" and taken you out of shopping around.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is if they can't deliver, why would it be worth it to them to guarantee an angry customer and bad PR??
  • Options
    dreamhome27dreamhome27 Member Posts: 8
    Does it include destination?
  • Options
    Yes it does include destination
  • Options
    ohmy3ohmy3 Member Posts: 14
    I put down a deposit for a touring elite with Weymouth Honda back at the end of november and they said the car would not be in till end of January or early february. I just got an email from them saying that the finance manager is putting in my order this week. I guess I thought they would have already put in my order when I made the deposit over a month ago. But does this mean I will really be getting my car now or is this just some elaborate scheme to get me to pay more and take me out of the market?

When the car gets to Weymouth, I still have to have the car shipped to me since I'm buying from out of state. Anyone have a good car moving company that is reliable, reasonably priced, and will assume responsibility for the car if a thing happens to in their possession?
  • Options
    srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    Thnx audreym.
    We definetly had a next to stellar experience here,but they promise we get it withing 2 weeks.If we dont then i am going to let them know what i really think about our exp.
    the current deal on a touring we are getting is 38K incl dest,cargo tray,roof rack,cross bars,honda remote start.Plus ofcourse TTL Registration
    Enjoy ur touring.we decided against an elite.
  • Options
    bmwx5mbmwx5m Member Posts: 9
    You will be lucky to get your car by the middle of March. You should ask when this order allocation will be produced; my guess would be towards the middle of February. It will take a few weeks to get to the dealership, get prepped, then shipped to you.

I don't think they're dishonest, I really think they're just a small dealership with small allocations. With their pricing, they took a ton of orders for the Odyssey that couldn't conceivably be filled in their first order allocation. This might be the one area where one could argue they were somewhat deceptive; I placed my order during the same timeframe and had the same estimated delivery date, but that just wasn't reasonable.

If you don't want the car, just call them and tell them to refund your deposit; I'm sure they'll readily do so, as they will be able to sell your purchase fairly easily.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Honda pricing is driven by local market conditions and, historically, prices tend to be high in Seattle.

Suggest you expand your search and try some smaller dealers, e.g., Moses Lake and Yakima.
  • Options
    carnovice2carnovice2 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2011 dark cherry pearl EX-L w/o NAV or RES, including the all-weather package (floor mats, splash guards, and cargo tray, I think). I used a reputable car buying service so I could avoid the entire negotiation hassle, but I was hoping to get some feedback on the price I got from the service). I'm getting the car delivered to Portland, OR, from Bremerton, WA (about 150 miles distance). The dealer is having it driven down to Portland. The price was "gross cap cost" of $33,500 (which I was told was approx. $900 above invoice) There is an added $738 for the backup sensors I wanted installed as well as a $595 acquisition fee bringing the grand total to $34, 833. MSRP was $35, 230.

Any opinions? Thanks!
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    I think if you read previous posts on this forum of buyers that bought a 2011 Odyssey EX-L, you will be disappointed in your purchase.
  • Options
    bergen_boybergen_boy Member Posts: 9
    just curious .. exl comes with a back up camera right .. why did you need additional back sensors .. wondering i should get them installed .. please share your thoughts
  • Options
    babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    I'm curious, why did you decide against the Elite? Was it because of availability? It is too bad because I'm pretty sure we would have bought an Elite if we could find one. Now we're looking at the Touring.
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    edited January 2011
    I am lookinig at the EX-L with RES and Touring. I was wondering if anyone had a going price for both?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Looking for EX-L w/ RES in Chicago area. Wondering if any one has received any good quote... Thanks in advance for advance for advice/help.
  • Options
    solrajsolraj Member Posts: 2
    Am looking for one in Chicago too. The lowest I got it is $33623 on EXL Res.
  • Options
    carnovice2carnovice2 Member Posts: 3
    Yep, it does come with a backup camera, but the view is a little weird looking and seems to work best for just checking to see if you're going to hit something short. I have backup sensors in my car now, which I love, and I've never driven anything larger than a small sports car. So I thought it would be practical for me. I'm pretty sure they're unnecessary for most people though! ;)
  • Options
    odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    I finished a deal today at Chicagoland for EX-L for $31500+taxes which is $485 below invoice. Out the road is $34200. I have to wait for a week or two to get the color I wanted. There may be other getting better deal. But, I thought this was a good deal considering more demand for the new odyssey
  • Options
    reddyeyereddyeye Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Which Chicagoland dealer was it & do you recommend a specific salesman?

Thanks & congratulations on a great deal. We are in Las Vegas and are still at least $400 over invoice for an Odyssey EXL 2011.
  • Options
    biker5500biker5500 Member Posts: 3
    was that with RES or w/o RES on the vehicle?
  • Options
    xfengxfeng Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Just paid for EX-L w/RES, color, polish metal.
    Price:
    35,000+199(admission fee)+tax...
    tax should be around 2k. good deal?

I did not buy for the 5yr or 8yr warranty. How important is it? This is my 1st new car, so I have not much experience about it.
  • Options
    odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    This wasbase EX-L w/o RES or Nav
  • Options
    Tourings in the area are out there for $1000 & $1500 over invoice with zero haggling. You might be able to get a few hundred lower here or there, but to do much better you might need to go to NJ.

I took a deal in DE for $1500 over invoice because they had the color I had been searching for and no one else had. I didn't push for a better price since it was the only Touring in the entire region in my 1st choice color.
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Thanks Audreym.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Those small stores have little or no inventory and the bigger stores won't dealer trade with them.

I remember in 1999 whan the at the time "new" Odysseys came out, there was a HUGE backlog. We were taking deposits on cars that we delivered two months later.

Some of the smaller stores were playing a dirty game by taking deposits on Odysseys they knew they couldn't deliver. Just to take some of the shoppers out of the market.
  • Options
    aj1762aj1762 Member Posts: 2
    Received a quote for $27,394.00. Wondering if this was a reasonable deal. Can anyone share if they had seen a better quote.
  • Options
    jcgamblejcgamble Member Posts: 1
    Looking at the different models, I've decided on the EX-L. My wife wants the RES and Nav System. Honda site only offers one or the other...the pair come on the Touring, but I can't justify the price difference to step up to the Touring.

Question is, can you buy the EX-L RES and have them add in the Nav?
  • Options
    Does it include destination? Whome did you get the deal from?
  • Options
    Cann you pls e-mail me the dealer/contact info at dreamhome27@yahoo.com. Thanks.
  • Options
    That seems high.
    We can team up and hunt for joint deal. If interested, mail me at dreamhome27@yahoo.com
  • Options
    aj1762aj1762 Member Posts: 2
    it does not. Rosen Honda in Gurnee
  • Options
    hondathirteenhondathirteen Member Posts: 5
    hello all,

hope this posting will help those in Dallas, Tx or nearby. if you got a better deal great! but just wanted to share for those researching :)

2011 Odyssey EXL-RES (LUTE RILEY HONDA in RICHARDSON, TEXAS)
    no other add ons, except the tinted windows (dealer gave)
    no trade in

sale price $33992.59
    st tax $2124.54
    doc fee $179
    lic fee $70.80
    st inspec fee $23.75
    inventory tx $71.32
    TOTAL $36,500 final price for van.....we did pay extra $1591 for 8yr extended warranty
  • Options
    biker5500biker5500 Member Posts: 3
    I need your opinion, I've been offering dealers in the central Florida area $31,000 plus TT&L (destination included in the 31,000). I don't have any takers yet but I'm wondering if I'm asking to little of a price?? I was hoping that, at the worse, maybe if I waiting a few months that I could reach that price. Any opinions?
    I wish I could find out the actual dealer's cost on this van with no extras. If anyone knows that please let me know.

Thanks
    Jeff
  • Options
    odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    Jeff, It seems a little low to me, but others may know more. One suggestion I have is to get an out the door (OTD) price from the dealers, then you can compare apples to apples. Otherwise, a dealer can surprise you with outrageous doc fees and other fees at the last minutes when you are too tired to walk away. Good luck, but I would be asking them to provide you their OTD price, or say offer the $32,500 or whatever as your OTD offer. Then there will be no surprises.