Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    maxaudreymaxaudrey Member Posts: 3
    I had last posted about a price I had been quoted on an EX-L with Nav. Over the weekend we decided to purchase a Odyssey Touring. We paid:

$36,320 including Honda detination fee
    $100 title and registration fee
    $299 documentation fee
    MA sales tax

They also gave us near Kelly Blue Book on our trade in. They had the car on their lot and we'll be taking it home this week. All in all we were very happy with both the price and the experience with the dealership. They are in Raynham MA.
  • Options
    crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2010
    Here in NC. initial offer is about $1000 over invoice.
    the price drops to invoice within one day by emails and still dropping.
    however still not as good as what hondaflorida is getting
  • Options
    tijoritijori Member Posts: 4
    There is over $4,000 price difference between VA and MA. Here in VA and MD, I got 5-6 quotes yesterday for Touring model and the lowest of them was $40,745 excluding destination.
    I have tried all MD and VA dealers, I don't know how anyone is getting invoice price when there are only 1 or 2 Tourings with most dealers and some have none. Also, I tried negotiating and they are not ready to budge.
  • Options
    ody_man_atlody_man_atl Member Posts: 1
    Kevin C. at Phil Hughes Honda made a very fair first offer on an EX-L and matched every time a competing dealer tried to undercut that price. We ended up at $34,198 OTD, including 7% Sales Tax, so $31,962 including destination and all other fees. That's over $200 below invoice assuming dealer doc fees of $200.

BTW - Marva at Conyers Honda was great to deal with and even though her initial price was higher, she was driving the price down all day, even after I thought I was done. It seems like both of these dealerships have a number of EX-L's in stock and they are motivated to sell.

I highly recommend both these dealerships and the people I mentioned. The other dealers in metro Atlanta proper still charge too high doc fees, add stuff you don't want to the vehicles, and aren't up front with customers. Head east to find good people who want your business.

Good luck all!
  • Options
    sridharhssridharhs Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2010
    Hey Guys

Just wanted to share my deal on a 2011 EX-L with RES in the DFW metroplex. The car includes pro-pack (tints, door etch guards, cargo tray, wheel locks etc).

Final sale price was $33,060 + TTL. They didn't have the color I wanted on their lot, so will be picking it up next week.

Cheers
  • Options
    skalakotiskalakoti Member Posts: 8
    Hi Sridhar,

Could you mind telling me the dealership name.

Thanks,
  • Options
    McDavid Honda of Frisco.

Frant Kent Honda in Fortworth was also very responsive and matched the price during the bidding process, but they couldn't locate the color I wanted.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    toyocam1toyocam1 Member Posts: 6
    Guys,
    Any opinions/suggestions,please?
    thnx
    ~R
  • Options
    rzorxrzorx Member Posts: 5
    Wow! That is a great price for a vehicle he doesn't have in stock. Is there a trade involved in your deal to get that price?

Thanks.
  • Options
    miamiumiamiu Member Posts: 2
    manu4:
    Can you please let me know a contact person to get a similar deal? You can email me at pvrbhr1968@yahoo.com. If you happened to have the quotation you got from Ellicott, that will definitely help me to get a great deal here in Miami.
    Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    ericfhericfh Member Posts: 2
    In NoVA and MD (Herson's), I've been getting offers for just under $39K (pre freight) at Tyson's Honda and Bill Page Honda. I dealt with Kevin Azizsired at Tyson's and he's a stand up guy who was easy to deal with. Herson's in MD also is offering ~$2K over invoice. Good luck!
  • Options
    maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2010
    That sounds decent. I am in the market too, but for an EX-L (no NAV/RES)
    Did you shop online or walk-in ? Where in NJ.
    I am currently in touch with a couple of dealers in North NJ.
    The quote you have is better by about 400-500 (under the invoice price) right ?
    Is that the final price?
  • Options
    hedmundshedmunds Member Posts: 5
    Is $33,000 (destination fees included) but without all the tax, title fees...etc good for a EX-L RES?
  • Options
    toyocam1toyocam1 Member Posts: 6
    Well,that deal fell through.Didnt have the color of my choice.

I started off with the online quotes. Dealing with Open Road Honda on Rt1 and Planet Honda. Planet Honda is giving the best quotes so far. My suggestion is to start off my asking the online quotes and once you get the quotes, go in the dealership and see if you can get it further down.

I am a little surprised that dealerships are quoting prices about $400-$500 more than the invoice. Its a new 2011 Odyssey..and i wonder why. Maybe, its the year end sales pitch...and i am trying to take advantage of the same.

Will keep you all updated.

Any more tips/suggestions on how to negotiate better on the online quoted price??

Thanks
    ~R
  • Options
    Thank you Sridhar, this helps a lot; Did this include their Propack ( Tinted windows, Nitrogen, etc.). Please let me know.
  • Options
    rrb2rrb2 Member Posts: 5
    Folks,

I wanted to share my deal information since I used this forum a lot to get information I was looking for.

EX-L bought from Delaware Martin Honda
    32085 (100$ over invoice)
    125 processing fees
    380 (accessories - I changed the color combination requirement at the last minute to something they did not have. They got the car from a dealer in MD. Kinda got ripped here but didnt feel like fighting it too much. I wouldnt have had to give this extra money if I had liked some thing in their inventory but ... ah well...)

I decided last minute to go for a EX-L instead of EX-L RES. Will be getting a Alpine 10.2" DVD Rear Seat Entertainment Package - PKG-RSE2 installed this week.

Thanks, RRB
  • Options
    tijoritijori Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your reply. I have benefitted a lot from this forum so I feel obliged to share my experience. I bought 2011 Smoky Topaz Touring yesterday from Honda Of Annapolis for $41,272 OTD (includes $1201 VA tax). This price also includes following 5 accessories:
    1. Roof rails
    2. Roof rack cross bars
    3. Splash gaurds
    4. Pin stripe
    5. Cargo Tray
    Very pleasant experience with the dealership. Agreed on price over the phone. The entire process took 30 minutes, only time it took was to install the accessories that I asked for. They did not try to sell anything to me. I asked for 8yr/120k/$0 deductible Honda care extended warranty and their quote was much higher than what I got online. Does anyone has any experience using following dealerships for extended warranty, please share your experience as soon as you can:
    http://www.hyannishondacare.com/index.php
    http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

I found Virginia dealers over $1k more expensive than Maryland dealers. And no one had the Smoky Topaz color I was looking for.
  • Options
    caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2010
    Hi sridhar,
    Can u pls let me know the names of the salesman for MCDAVID & FRANK KENT HONDA u contacted. I asked them regd an EXL & they werent close to that price. Pls email me salesman names CAPRICORN-70 AT HOTMAIL.COM
    Highly appreciate.
    Thx
    Sree
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    That sounds like a good deal to me. Where are you located? I'm in Northern VA and can't even get that close. Anyone in Northern VA, MD got a good deal on 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES?

TIA
  • Options
    rrb2rrb2 Member Posts: 5
    I bought mine from Delaware (shorter drive), but I had quotes around 33500 (including destination) + around 100$ processing fees + taxes from Sport Honda in MD. Jim Coleman Honda was also willing to beat the price if they had the car in their inventory. Hope this helps. Good luck! - RRB
  • Options
    crvexcrvex Member Posts: 23
    what is the going rate for financing an Odys nowsday?
    thanks
  • Options
    dlminivandlminivan Member Posts: 1
    I found this page useful so I will post my recent purchase experience since not to many LX purchases here. Purchased an LX last week in MD from Brown's Honda city. Excellent purchase experience when we knew what we wanted and everything was very pleasant fast and easy. Shopped around online and they came up under everyone else. Overall nothing unexpected after getting a quote and currently enjoying the car. OTD for 27,1something with stripes,tray and splash guards.
  • Options
    kelseli1kelseli1 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my Odyssey this week in Macon, Georgia at Walsh Honda. My salesman was Ronnie and has been with the dealership going on 10 years and the sales manager was David K. ...I highly recommend both...that is VERY difficult for me to say about anyone on a car lot due to my past history of car purchases are poor salesmanship. Their selection is pretty small and they weren't able to get me my #1 vehicle in time, but my happy #2 was sitting in their floor room.
    I used truecar.com to get my vehicle price initially through my bank USAA. I was guaranteed $500 over invoice. That was a good price to me...especially with no need to negotiate...GUARANTEED. I purchased a white with beige leather and had a dvd system installed by the dealership. After the purchase I realized that I should have bought the dvd player from a stereo store and had them install it outside the dealership. The ONLY nice thing about it was all ready by the time our paperwork was signed.

invoice vehicle $33,792.00 (includes destination $780)
    over invoice $500.00
    doc fee $499.00
    10" dvd player $900.00
    all season mats $104.00
    lemon & title $21.00
    houston county tax in georgia is 7%

My only BIG concern about the purchase was my trade which they knocked it up ($1400) within $500 buck of what i was HOPING for an hour after I left the lot the FIRST time.

I don't recommend their dvd player and am going to talk to them about exchanging it out.

I highly recommend truecar.com if you haven't used it before and don't like to haggle over price.
  • Options
    Yep, it included Propack.

Sridhar
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This price for the new vehicle was negotiated outside of any trade-in.

Negotiated the price online and they offered this price to beat one of their competitors. Discovered that they didn't have the color on their lot only after we had agreed on the price. They did try to push one of their other colors on their lot, but I stuck to my original color preference.

Sridhar
  • Options
    babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know when the "President Day Sale" prices go into effect. Is it over a couple of weeks or just the holiday weekend?

Still in So Cal searching for a Touring Elite. Would settle for a Touring in the right color but they are few and far between.
  • Options
    rpoabrrpoabr Member Posts: 7
    I got 4.99 on 60 months with top tier credit. Interested to hear if anyone did better.

I know there are some better rates on-line but most included an auto-deduction discount and such. I'll probably pay it off early anyway...
  • Options
    sshaiksshaik Member Posts: 5
    Hi Sri,

I checked with Frisco dealer on 12/29. The best they could do is $36,500 DO with out any accessories. I walk out and insisted for $36K DO. Before I walk out, I was told that I need to call following day morning if I want get the same deal, otherwise they put any accessories as soon as they unload the vehicle from the truck. When I called yesterday they told the vehicle will be ready anytime next week. I need to pay $500 non refundable deposit to honor the deal. I didn't see your post before I went there. Did you paid any deposit to secure this deal? Do you have any thing in writing about this deal? Can you share the details with my hotmail account - shaik12.

-shaik12.
  • Options
    billcrowleybillcrowley Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I bought an EXL with Res in san antonio for 32,578 plus TTL on tuesday this week. Add 199 for tint and 100 for doc fee. I also got 3.0% rate through one of their credit unions. I had gotten that same quote from a dealer in Fort worth but they added propack, paint and fabic sealer and tint was 299 and they suddenly sold out of the color I wanted after 3 days of trying to get the deal done. they had 5 exl with res. I'm in austin and the market is too small here. Trick is to find a dealer at the end of the year that has alot of inventory and get a good price and then shop the other larger markets. After I got the quote, it took 2 phone calls to the internet manager in San Antonio at 5pm and I was driving home by 11:30am the next morning.
  • Options
    HI Bill,

Could you please mind telling me the dealership name?

Thnaks,
    Srinivas
  • Options
    Hey Bill, congratulations! That's a great price.

Did your price include the pro-pack (wheel locks, door etch guards, cargo tray, pin stripes etc)?

Sridhar
  • Options
    caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2011
    Hi Billcrowley,
    Congrats on ur new ride. Enjoy.
    Can u pls let me know the names of the dealership & salesman u purchased from in San Antonio. Pls email me at CAPRICORN-70 AT HOTMAIL.COM.

Many Thanks
    Sree
  • Options
    Bill,

Could you please email the salesperson and delaer information : srini523@hotmail.com
  • Options
    billcrowleybillcrowley Member Posts: 2
    It was Gillman honda in san antonio. Higgins honda had several exl with res in Ft Worth area
  • Options
    Thank You!!!
  • Options
    ody13ody13 Member Posts: 5
    I got a pre-app from BoA online in few mints for 3.09%. and Honda dealership matched it. you can even get your loan re-financed from them
  • Options
    ody13ody13 Member Posts: 5
    I was watching this forum for few months now, since the new ody came out. Finally bought one yesterday in chicagoland...Black with Truffle (EX-L)(other options were silver with truffle or smoky topaz with truffle). Dealer had all in stock for same price. price paid 31569 (including destination) + got following 5 accessories for 600$
    Mud guards,
    All weather mats
    roof rails
    wheel locks
    cargo tray

May be not the best deal compared to what other paid but still overall I am happy and love the space in my new car...with 2 kids ...so far i have enjoyed the first 100 miles on it.....
  • Options
    indianriderindianrider Member Posts: 30
    Hi,

Which dealership did you buy yours from? Thanks.
  • Options
    dungeonlaadungeonlaa Member Posts: 23
    Finally I got %2.34 for 60 months with Fifth Third, also was pre-approved with PenFed on-line %2.99 :blush:
  • Options
    cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    Navy Federal 1.9% or 2.9% (depending on credit score and length), PenFed 2.9%, Eglin Fed 3.25%, USAA 3.88%. I refinanced within two weeks of buying.
  • Options
    flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    please respond to kr5flute@yahoo.com

What was name of dealership and in what city ?

I am in manassas, Va and dealers barely discount. di you have to show them written low offers from pther dealers before they agreed to deal you got?

Di they waive all the extra dealer add on stuff like wheel locks and pinstriping etc or did you have to pay those.

Any advice to get as good a deal as you got?

Thanks,

Steve
  • Options
    jcwells74jcwells74 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    I am posting because I found this list incredible helpful when finalizing my offers. I dealt with 5 dealers in the area all through email which was very nice. All of the dealers except Folsom Lake (i don't recommend dealing with their internet sales person, in store may be better) were incredible helpful and open through email especially as the discussions got closer to Christmas (which is when I wanted to purchase). My final pricing was the following from Carmichael Honda which I highly recommend. Their internet sales manager was very easy to work with and went well above and beyond to get me the color I needed without any committment or even meeting me.

Base + Dest 33,950 ($158 over invoice)
    Taxes 489.75
    Cargo Mat 80
    Doc Prep 55
    DMV File 29
    Tax (Sac) 2,982.44
    TOTAL 37,586.19

We love the van. Honda did a great job with the new model.
  • Options
    godrivergodriver Member Posts: 4
    Please identify the name of the sales person who did this deal? Some of the reported numbers here from 31-33K are practically impossible to get in the bay area.
  • Options
    villagepointevillagepointe Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2011
    PLEASE EMAIL ME THE BEST PRICE U GOT FOR EX-L ALONG WITH THE DEALER PHONE NO. I WANT TO PURCHASE ONE.

THANKS
    SURESH
    Edison, NJ
    VILLAGE_POINTE@HOTMAIL.COM
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi Sridhar,
    Could you please share me details of this purchase; Like your last name and Sales person you have dealt with etc;

Thanks,
    Srinivas
    srini523@hotmail.com
  • Options
    naturewalk1naturewalk1 Member Posts: 3
    Is this for real? For a 2011? Am I missing something? Your price is about $100 below dealer cost! Can someone clarify?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Been to VIP Honda after they called me for deals. When I quote my number, the guy asked me to get out
    What a shame! Morons like these are called sales persons!
    Number I quote was 1500 less Invoice. Many dealers sold it for that price. Only after checking in the web, I quoted the price. The guy could have been polite but acted rude and lunatic.
  • Options
    Did u get a good deal after then? Went to VIP Honda. Morons over there, not willing to talk even after I quote the price.
    Please let me know best ex-l deals in NJ.

Suresh
  • Options
    maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    First thing is the dealers are not going below whats been quoted online. One of the dealers I dealt this weekend said " To the Pennies just pay the price we quoted in the mail." We dont want a $1 more or less.
    Is that how they do. Is it the rock bottom. It was at Invoice. I was willing to take the deal for $500 or more under invoice. Anyone succesful with this price?
    My best number is $34650 OTD in NJ based on the @Invoice price.

Will you be willing to do a 2 for the price deal?? I am in sort of north but wont mind coming down to where ever in NJ if the numbers look alright.