Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    daddyof3daddyof3 Member Posts: 4
    I meant Jose.
  • Options
    odysseyhuntodysseyhunt Member Posts: 5
    Got lot of quotes in Chicago area, Lowest two quotes for 2011 ODYSSEY EXL W/RES 32,810 (including destination) + TTL + Documentation = $35,200 OTD (Tax calcuated at 6.25%). Any body else got a better quote in Chicago area?
  • Options
    crabjoecrabjoe Member Posts: 4
    Can you please tell me who your salesrep was?

Thanks!
  • Options
    If you don't mind, can you please tell me who your sales rep was at Norris? I'm currently shopping for an Odyssey and the 1st dealer gave me a $34378 for an EXL. That's a out the door price here in Maryland and from what I've posted, I can do better or maybe get one with RES for not much more.
  • Options
    Urglie,

Can you tell me the dealer and salesrep you got this deal from? I'm in MD and would have jumped on the 2011 EX-L w/RES for 34,000 OTD.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Can you pass along the dealership's name and possibly the sales rep?

thanks!
  • Options
    flsailor1flsailor1 Member Posts: 7
    this dealer included a "lifetime", non-transferable 3rd party power train warranty which seems to be worth little according to reviews online. The dealer had to get the van from a competitor about 50 miles away but got it that same day. I bought the van during late February.
  • Options
    trvlrtrvlr Member Posts: 5
    No dealers seem to be dealing here. They all want to start at MSRP and go up.
    I went through Consumer Reports and a couple of offers, with the following being the lowest at the moment:

$38838 (no additional options)
    + $597 documetation fee

I haven't seen any other posts from this state, so wondering if someone else from Florida would post their deal so I can get an idea if I can do better.
    Thank you
  • Options
    trvlrtrvlr Member Posts: 5
    Was this in Brandon, FL?
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Looking for Touring in Northern NJ (bergen county). Any ideas how to get the best possible deal would be appreciated. If you have some fee quotes you could share, please include all fees.

Thanks.
  • Options
    pichapie1pichapie1 Member Posts: 6
    I got 2011 EX-L with Navi last night in Central NJ and got the following cost:
    Car Cost $34500
    Destination 780
    Gov't & Registration 440
    Title fee 9
    Doc fee 398
    Tire fee 7.5
    Others 374
    Total $36508.50
  • Options
    flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    I am in Northern Virginia and am looking for a rock bottom price for a EX-L with Nav. without the secret additional costs for installed options and no outrageous doc fee or processing fees which are all BS profit (Maryland limits them to $100 max).

The only reason I would get the touring is because of better gas because of 6 spped auto transmission. We have no children and it is just my wife and myself. Maybe this type of car is overkill ? someone suggested we look at a loaded CRV or subaru outback instead.

With gas going up to $4-5.00 per gallon, what should I do? Does this car use regular gas?

My home e-mail is: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help,

Steve
  • Options
    flsailor1flsailor1 Member Posts: 7
    this was not Brandon, it was Cocoa.
  • Options
    nismofreaknismofreak Member Posts: 120
    Hey pichapie1,
    Your car cost of $34500 includes NJ sales tax, right?

Also, where in central Jersey are we talking about? I am in Northern NJ but looking at dealers are far south as Flemington.

thanks.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    If you recently purchased a car and got a better loan than you expected, please email pr@edmunds.com to talk with a reporter about it. Please respond with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 8, 2011.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    newdaddy1newdaddy1 Member Posts: 2
    ilovetea, which dealership in san diego did you get the car from? And can you also give me the name of the person you dealt with?

thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    odysseyhuntodysseyhunt Member Posts: 5
    Can i install a Pushbutton start/ Smark Key/Intelligent key entry system on the new 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L? I am still undecided between the 2011 Sienna and 2011 Odyssey. Sienna has the premium package which includes the smark key system, while Odyssey doesnt provide the same. Trying to find out if i can get it done after market and if anybody has done this ever on their cars. Please respond if you have or know anyone who has done it.
  • Options
    bellinimikebellinimike Member Posts: 1
    I am about to Lease a 2011 Honda odyssey EXE RES.
    the terms are as follows:
    36 month lease
    20,000 miles per year
    Total due at inception $1.200.
    $537.00 per month
    is this a good deal?
    Michael
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    It's Norris Honda in Baltimore
  • Options
    new13new13 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for the best lease price on a 2011 EXL, ideally with 18K miles, north of Boston.

Any information is appreciated.
  • Options
    asmiller77asmiller77 Member Posts: 1
    I benefitted greatly from reading the msgs posted here so I wanted to share my buying experience with you all. For any/all looking for a point of reference, we just bought a 2011 Odyssey EXL (without NAV or DVD) from Pohanka Honda (MD) today with the following accessories installed for $33,500 OTD (including free delivery to our home in Fairfax, VA).

Accessories (Installed):
    -Roof Rails
    -Cross Bars
    -Moonroof Visor
    -Fog Lights
    -Splash Guards
    -Wheel Locks
    -Door Edge Guards
    -Cargo Tray
    -Pinstriping

I requested a quote from Pohanka Honda's website (among several others) and have only good things to say about the Internet Sales Manager we dealt with and the experience we had. They even worked a trade with another local dealer to get us the interior color we wanted. Coincidentally, they got it from one of the dealerships that was offering us a higher price for the SAME van. The other local dealerships I negotiated with were simply unable to compete.

I would not hesitate to do business with Pohanka Honda again in the future.
  • Options
    new13new13 Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know what the money factor for March is?

Thanks!
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    crabjoe,
    Norris offered that price for president day only. I'm not sure if they still honor that price. One more thing, Va sale tax is less than Md tax so I don't know if they're willing to offer you that price. The rule on here doesn't allow me to give the salerep's name. I can PM it to you.
  • Options
    saumyapsaumyap Member Posts: 2
    I paid $31910 (base + all season matt + tray matt + first aid).
    $250 for documentation
    6.25 % tax
    $30 registration
    =========

is this a good price in ohio??
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    As mentioned several times in previous posts, an OTD price without item breakout is worthless. State and local taxes and fees are not the same throughout the lower 48.
  • Options
    carnut012carnut012 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to let readers know that I had an excellent experience buying a 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (Polished Metallic) at Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake, IL (purchase occurred 3/12/11). I worked through Edmunds.com and contacted several dealers in the Chicago area. Bob Daniel (Internet Manager) at Brilliance worked with me and gave an excellent first quote (at least in my view). The total price, which included destination, and included an admittedly overpriced package of wheel locks, rear cargo tray and mud guards was about $40,900 (by the way, the dealer was upfront when asked about the pricing/cost for the extra accessories - there was no surprise when I arrived at the dealer; in fact the dealer was willing to be up front that this was an extra profit package they felt they needed - in the end, the market seemed to require a bit above Edmunds' TMV). The next closest dealer that actually had a car available (I ended up emailing about 6-7 local dealers) was pricing at about $42,600. There were also dealers in the area at about $41,400 (no apparent required accessories at least as quoted via email), but neither had cars and were noting that cars were being purchased prior to arrival (never certain how much to believe about that). I have purchased a number of cars in my time, including helping others purchase cars and purchasing cars with my father years back and Brilliance Honda was simply the best experience I have had. I would highly recommend the dealer to anyone looking for a great experience and a great price.
  • Options
    niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    I am also looking to buy EXL+RES. I got a price quote for 32575 and 32625 by two different dealers. If interested, email me and we can work togather to get a better deal like may be get pro pack included in the price.
  • Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    I've been trying to figure out the best NJ deal on EX-L/RES. I can find the best base price deals for Texas ($31970) and Chicago ($32,600), but nothing for NJ. Can someone post if they got a deal or figured out a deal for NJ in this forum.

I'll really appreciate the help.
  • Options
    paul199paul199 Member Posts: 2
    Since I used this site so much before finally buying i wanted to share my experience. I had checked all the dealers in the NYC/LI area and the pricing was all in the 34K+ range for the EXL w/RES. I decided to explore the Costco Auto Program pricing and they directed me to their authorized dealer (Honda City in Levittown) and got a price of $33,800K including destination charge. Taxes and registration was additional. I would encourage anyone who uses Costco to explore this option to see if it would work for them as well... doesn't hurt to check. There was no back and forth with the dealer, it was pretty solid ... i think i got a good a deal and decided to pull the trigger. Took some time to finally accept the new body redesign...Love the new features and the smooth ride.
  • Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    I got 2011 EX-L with Navi last night in Central NJ and got the following cost:
    Car Cost $34500

===================

Could you provide the dealership details you got from. I'm looking for an EX-L/RES and it looks like you got about $750 below base invoice price (excluding destination)
  • Options
    becoolkpbecoolkp Member Posts: 1
    Was the elite that you bought in stock or did they order it for you? If they ordered it, how long was your wait? I'm trying to get one from them now, but the dark cherry is not in stock.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    sshaiksshaik Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I want to share my buying experience. Today myself and my friend bought EX-L with RES @ $33,450 + TTL from Irving dealer. This price includes the ProPack.

-Shah.
  • Options
    peruggiaperuggia Member Posts: 6
    picked up black/truffle EX-L NAVI last night for $34092 from dealer outside Phlly
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    $34092 inc or + TTL?
  • Options
    cito1cito1 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased our EX-l w/Nav for $33.9. Spit the cost of the roof rack ($750 installed) and got 3.09% financing (quoted me 3.09% but got 3.29% and they lowered the cost of the car by $280) for 60mo. Let them give me a quote of $36 saying that is all they can give. Showed them a printout from truecar.com that I can get $33.9 and have 4 dealerships call me withing 20 minutes (which we did when we were looking at the Sienna previously) and without going back to the "Manager" agreed to that price. Brought my IPad and saved truecar.com to the homescreen and used cars.com app to make sure the monthly price was in check when dealing with finance company (add the doc fee to the price of vehicle). The top line eventually read $33.2. Look at the historical prices over 60 days and see if you can get the lowest price onthe bell curve.
  • Options
    hotsoupshotsoups Member Posts: 12
    Hi, I am wondering if anyone in here can share the price they have paid for an EX-L around San Francisco, CA. Thank you.
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    Another buyer for exl in chicago area. Ping me to pool for best price. Looking to buy right away..
  • Options
    babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    Has anyone else heard excuses about a drop in availablity due to the earthquake? One dealer told me that only a research facility was affected. Another dealer told me that parts for the Touring and Touring Elite were going to be hard to come by. I think the second one was just feeding me a line but I am curious if anyone else has heard anything.
  • Options
    Did anyone recently bought Honda Care 7 year 100 K 0 deductible warranty online? What is the best price you got? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Sure, please contact me and we can work togather. I am not sure how I can directly email you instead of posting my message.
  • Options
    odysseybaodysseyba Member Posts: 14
    I bought mine in March of last year 8Yr/120K/0 ded and if memory serves me right I paid $2000 for mine. This was for 2010 EX-L w DVD/NAV. I am in CA so could not use any of the online places.
    Whats the quote you have?
  • Options
    david245david245 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from dealer about $32000. Mostly I will go tomorrow and buy it. Let me know if this is a good price.
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    Niazi20,

I am also not sure if there is a means to connect without posting email on posts. I looked for private message and could not find one.

Among the dealers I contacted on web, the best price I got was from Valley Honda, IL. 31,886 for EX-L including destination but without TTL. I know others on this board have got better deals. What is the model and best price you got?

Others in IL? What and who is best price?

aram
  • Options
    david245david245 Member Posts: 2
    My price is $32000 OTD. This is EX-L with RES.
  • Options
    jawebajaweba Member Posts: 2
    Out of 5 dealerships I recently contacted about an Odyssey EX-L, only one mentioned the Japan earthquake/tsunami disaster as having an impact. Their line was that prices would go up a couple of hundred dollars over the next few weeks, so they wanted me to act quickly. While parts availability may be true for some models mfg'd in Japan, Odyssey's are mfg'd in North America, so shortages seem unlikely....since the same dealer used the line on me 3 times, I was suspicious.
  • Options
    jawebajaweba Member Posts: 2
    Shopping for a new Odyssey EX-L this week, was quoted as low as $30,771. Darker colors are in high demand, so it can quickly get competitive.
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    May I know dealership name, city and state?
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    I live in Seattle, WA. Can anyone point out who has the best deal in the area or within 500 miles radius?

Thanks
  • Options
    dreamhome27dreamhome27 Member Posts: 8
    I am also looking for EX OR EX-L w/ RES. Can you please ping me at dreamhome27@yahoo.com