Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    EXL-RES: "I got price quotes of $32575, $32475 and $32525 +TTL.."

Did you move forward on your EX-L/RES. I'm in the same situation, looking to close the deal before march end. Please advise if you made any progress with info on "base price+destination" and if it included any accessories. I'm from NJ.
  • Options
    svndsvnd Member Posts: 1
    $32,475 is a very good price.

The lowest that I got is $33,557+289(processing)+TTL with a OTD of $34,988.44. I am in VA.

Can you let me know the OTD and the other fees that you got?
  • Options
    bb74bb74 Member Posts: 12
    The best quote I got so far for EXL-RES in NJ is $33231 (including dest.)
  • Options
    azippazipp Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get an EX-L this week in the Phoenix area. Anybody have any current prices or recommendations for a dealer in Phoenix? Thanks.
  • Options
    moinumoinu Member Posts: 7
    Can some one help me to get the best price for EXL. I am located in charleton,WV and ready to drive bordering states.
  • Options
    dman72dman72 Member Posts: 19
    $33,850 - Smoky Topaz
    $129 RMV/transfer plates
    $299 doc fee

$34,278 OTD. (sales tax was only a whopping $87 because we only pay the difference of the new car/trade-in here in MA @ 6.25%)

Got a fantastic deal on our trade-in that had neg. equity in it. Over NADA, Ed TMV, and KBB so we were pleased!
  • Options
    triagaintriagain Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone who shared their price on this site, I think we got a pretty good deal from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, MD

EX-L (no NAV, no RES)
    base: 30778
    dest: 780
    doc: 89
    -----------
    31647 +tax + tags= 32805 OTD

The car came with wheel locks and door trim which we weren't charged for (well, depending on how you look at it, I guess!). They also threw in a year's worth of oil changes (which probably won't be more than about 3 for us).

We traded in a 2007 CRV (we took less than I think it was worth but literally did nothing to spruce it up beforehand) which reduced our tax.

Spent the weekend emailing back and forth with dealers in VA and MD. Have to say, too many still pulled the bait and switch even though I was SPECIFIC on the color/trim in my emails. Ourisman Honda in Bethesda was the worst with the "Oh, we JUST sold that one you called to confirm was here, but here's a way more expensive one for you to look at!" No thanks.

Good experience w/ Sport Honda salesman. We communicated entirely by email (my preference b/c I like everything in writing). Only hitch was the LLOOONNGG wait to complete the paperwork.
  • Options
    alf_masteralf_master Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    This would be my forth Honda, second Ody but I am not sure if I am missing something with the pricing vs the Toyota.
    Ex-L 31206 inv -689 holdback + 780 dest fee=31300+500 profit for the dealer=31800
    XLE 29875 inv -650 holdback + 810 dest fee=30035+500 profit for the dealer=30600
    No navi or res on either.
    Add the 2.99 finance on the Sienna and it starts to be a attractive to jump over Sienna's way.
    Unless I am really missing something here.
    Thoughts?
  • Options
    trvlrtrvlr Member Posts: 5
    I talked to my brother last evening who works at a Honda plant--not in Alabama. He said that the only manufacturer in the world that produced metal flake that goes in the metal flake paint was wiped out by the tsunami. He also said that his plant is making an announcement this Friday to their employees about how long his plant will be closed due to lack of parts. He said that it's very likely that all of the car manufacturers, not just Honda, will need to add surcharges to the price of their vehicles due to increased expenses in manufacturing. I'm just passing this info along. I had called him to let him know that I bought my Odyssey 2 weeks ago. I am not stating this information to sensationalize the situation--I have nothing to gain and my brother is not the type to exaggerate the facts. This is purely information--do with it what you will. BTW, love, love my Honda Odyssey, but don't think I'll ever learn how to work everything. Not really fond of the voice activated stuff as it doesn't seem to always recognize my voice. "Display Traffic" gets me "Disc 5" or something like that. :D
  • Options
    texas_cowgirltexas_cowgirl Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a new Odyssey EXL with Nav in Austin and not having any dealer ready to negotiate on price. The price they are quoting is very close to MSRP and much higher than some of the prices I read about here. Anyone from Texas that can help me find a better dealer? or have suggestions on what to use to get the dealers to lower prices. I dont mind driving if I can save some money.

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    aram66aram66 Member Posts: 10
    I got a verbal quote of 31686 from Brilliance Honda at Crystal Lake for EX-L.
    This includes destination and splash guard, cargo tray and wheel locks.
    This does not include 155 documentation fee.
    TTL is also not included.

What do you folks think? Bite or Wait?
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    My best suggestion is whenever you go to dealership, do not reveal your interest on a particular car. All dealers have same mentality of selling as close to MSRP. So, know your price and shoot for it. If they do not agree, try to leave.

Once you left the dealership, go home and take a 2-3 days rest. You might find a better deal from different dealership or even receive a call from that dealership.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    When we bought our Odyssey EX-L, I found that if I walked into a dealership and got a price quote, the price was always higher than a price quote from internet sales.
  • Options
    dan630dan630 Member Posts: 1
    rjx,
    I know you've already provided the dealership from MD, but I'm in S Jersey and was wondering if you could also provide the dealership in PA that gave you the quote of 30,409 (incl. dest). It seems quite good.

Thanks
  • Options
    dreamhome27dreamhome27 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to everyone who shared their experience. It's my turn
    Bought EX-L w/ RES from Chicago area, IL
    $32,500 - Smoky Topaz (including dest) + 200 for accessories + TTL
  • Options
    wbimmerwbimmer Member Posts: 7
    That does sound like an incredibly good deal. Can you tell us how you got that low a price?

Did you get many quotes near that price or was one dealership much lower than the rest?
  • Options
    hunt_acurahunt_acura Member Posts: 10
    I need help.
    Can you let me know if anybody got any deal in FL especially near Orlando. I have contacted close to 15 dealers and price i am getting is 34K, not less than that.
    Anybody got any experience in that are or anybody is planning to buy there?
  • Options
    oldarmyboboldarmybob Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite at a substantial discount from MSRP. If you are a USAA member their vehicle pricing service is very good. Also, I like Edmund's pricing guide. First of all, decide what you want to buy. Then go online to find dealers who will communicate with you. Offer a modest bid above invoice. MSRP prices are much too high. The vehicle I bought was MSRP at $45,590.95 including dealer's installed accessories. I paid $41,560.00.
  • Options
    rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2011
    I just picked up my 2011 Odyssey EX-L from Ciocca Honda in Harrisburg, PA. The price listed below includes splash guards and wheel locks.

30,409.00 (includes destination)
    300.00 Fee to locate the color I wanted through a dealer trade
    1,842.54 Taxes
    63.50 Registration + Title + Encumbrance
    125.00 Documentation Fee
    15.45 Online Registration Fee
    5.00 PA Tire Tax
    10.00 Plate Fee
    -------------
    32,770.49 Total OTD
  • Options
    Hey alf_master -- Evaluated purely on price paid for the features, Sienna wins hands down.

However the Sienna has significantly poorer crash test ratings. Hondas have also historically held their value better so that may translate to a lower per-year depreciation cost even considering the higher starting price.

Check crash test ratings here:
    http://www.safercar.gov/
  • Options
    urglieurglie Member Posts: 20
    hey rjx,

32,770 OTD for EX-L is not bad at all. I got the same quote for the exact model from a dealer in MD. However, I'm still debating between EX-L and EX-L w/ RES. Anyway, congrat to your new ride.
  • Options
    dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    Delray beach, I got 33.5 for EXL (No RES). I'm still shopping around, but it is tough to get anything decent. 34 in your case seems fair to me
  • Options
    alf_masteralf_master Member Posts: 5
    Good points. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety however has the Ody and the Sienna rated as good. I owned Honda's for 10 years but jumped ship on this one. The delta was just too much (2k is real money no matter how you cut it), plus I was not very excited about the new Ody design, especially the rear "add-on" looking part. This new design will probably weigh significantly on how good the new Ody's will retain their values long term. By the same token on the Sienna side that will depend on how Toyota deals with some of their quality control issues as well. I am sure overall the Ody would not disappoint its new owners. At the end of the day both have pluses and minuses ... otherwise we would all driving one of them :)
  • Options
    tnivanatnivana Member Posts: 2
    Anyone able to advise on purchasing TWO cars at the same time?

Currently have 3 dealers between FL and GA that have agreed to a Touring (not Elite) price of $38590 incl. destination but before fees and taxes. Is this a fair price unto itself? TMV is $38305 but invoice is $37683. At least 6 dealers would not budge off msrp.

Also looking at a CRV SE 2WD with a best quote of $21100 incl. destination but before fees and taxes. I know this is not the right forum, but msrp is $23175 and TMV shows as $21550, which is just below invoice.

Will buying both at the same time net me a better deal, and does anyone have any advice on the best way to do it?
  • Options
    rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    I was considering the RES too. One of the dealers also told me that for the difference in prices, you can stick two iPads and still save some money.
  • Options
    shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    Hi Rjx
    first congratulations on your new car. After I read your post, i contacted your dealership for EX as well and got good price quote. The only thing is that I live very far (3.3 hours), so I don't know if I should drive down there. How do you think about this dealer? are they honest and will honor the price? Thanks.
  • Options
    shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    hi, can you share the dealer information? I am looking for EX. Thanks.
  • Options
    pjliu2pjliu2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Trying to find some good quotes for an Odyssey EX in the Chicago area. Quote I have so far is 29,400. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
  • Options
    Fair enough. We wouldnt all want to drive the same thing.

The sienna only gets a 2 stars on the passenger side in the NHTSA test. I was originally going to buy a sienna however I switched out to the odyssey after seeing that information.

Hows your Sienna working out? It looks like you got a great deal - congratulations. It makes sense to buy Toyota when they are down - hopefully the only way from here is up.
  • Options
    Hey urglie

I am also looking for EX-L model. Can you share the dealer info and price from where you got the quote.
  • Options
    Hey rjx,

Can you get me the same quote from this dealer. I don't mind travelling few hrs.
  • Options
    njbergennjbergen Member Posts: 1
    Type: 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite
    Purchase Date: Mar 31, 2011
    Color: Polished Metal Metallic with Gray interior

Invoice: $39,570 ($39,570)
    Destination Fee: $780 ($40,350)
    Roof Rails + Cross Bars: $563 ($40,913)
    AfterMarket Remote Starter: $495 ($41,408)
    7 Years/ 80,000 Miles warranty (0 deduction from Honda) $990 ($42,398)
    Tax (7%): $2,967.3 ($45,365.3)
    Doc Fee: $199 ($45,564.3)
    Registration Fee: $396 ($45,960.3)
    Title/Lien: $3 ($45,963.3)
    NJ Tire Fee: $7.5 ($45,970.8)
    OTD: $45,970.8

Financed through Honda Finance. 3.5%, 60 months.

Maybe the DMV fee is over charged by $100. And maybe 7 Years/ 80,000 Miles warranty is not necessary. Anyway, this minivan will be the only car of my family for the next 10+ years.

Hope you all guys get much much better deal!
    Thanks for all your previous information!
  • Options
    f2000saf2000sa Member Posts: 5
    Got a Smokey Topez EX-L today for $30,409 (including destination)

Paid $900 for the following accessories:

1. Roof Rails with Crossbars
    2. Body Side Molding
    3 Door Edge Guards
    3. Splash Guard
    4. All season Floor Mats
    5 Cargo Tray
  • Options
    the only smokey topez they have is in the show room (low mileage), Anything to worry about?
  • Options
    Congrats f2000a on a good deal.
    Please post dealership name and city.
    Did 30409 includes documentation fee?
  • Options
    no, doc fee $270
  • Options
    F2000sa,

I think you have one of the best deals, if not the best on exl. Pls share dealership name. Thanks

Aram
  • Options
    Peter's Honda in Nashua NH
  • Options
    jbm160jbm160 Member Posts: 19
    I picked up my wife's new Touring model Odyssey in Smoky Topaz this week and thought I would share my deal. I actually did a lease, but I will share the figures that went into that so people can compare with a purchase.

Sales price: $36,629.75
    Dealer doc fee: $399.00
    Out of state registration fee (includes plate fees, wheel tax, titling fee through 3rd party): $395.00
    Total before sales tax: $37423.75

Because I leased, there was the AHFC acquisition fee of $595. I had ~$2000 equity on my 2008 Odyssey lease turn-in, which was $500 less than Carmax offered me, but worth the difference since I didn't have to deal with AHFC, retitling, etc. With the current money factor of 0.00187 and 58% residual on a 36 month, 12K/yr lease, I ended up with a monthly payment of $436.35 before tax (cap cost also includes $104 in up front local option tax that my state collects).

I'm happy with the deal, my wife and kids love the car. I must say that I don't think I like the new angular styling as much as the 2008, but maybe it will grow on me. The feature upgrades from the 2008 Touring are nice.
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    I bought a 2011 Touring (Polished metal metallic) yesterday:

Car: $37,903 (includes destination fee)
    Taxes: 2,653 (7% NJ tax)
    Document fees (and tire tax)?: 87
    DMV: 300
    Total: $40,943
  • Options
    sukhezersukhezer Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys, have you heard anyone selling 2011 new Turing Elite for $ 40000 without any additional accessories? won't be a bad idea for Honda to sell it on mass scale.. :)
  • Options
    trumprockstrumprocks Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Do you mind telling me which dealership. I also live in Ky. and was going out shopping for the same vehicle this weekend. Thanks
  • Options
    2009lxp2009lxp Member Posts: 2
    We bought our minivan 2 days ago, would like to thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Price of vehicle (including destination) $ 28728.00 +TTL
    Accessories for $ 675:
    1. Body side moldings
    2. Splash guards
    3. wheel locks
    4. cargo tray

Had pre-approved financing thru credit union, dealer matched the finance rate at 1.90% APR for 4 years.
    7 years/ 80000 miles warranty (0 deduction from Honda) $890

Regards
  • Options
    dallaspatentdallaspatent Member Posts: 10
    Paid $29,300 plus tax, title, and license fee. E-mailed every Honda dealer in DFW area. Only one accepted my offer of $29,300. One got as low as $29,822 and several quoted $29,972 (I'm SURE no one is violating the antitrust laws). Several were above $30,000. Some dealers made vague statements that my price was possible and wanted me to call so they could start the sales pitch - they were immediately eliminated. I probably could have gotten the price down some if I'd had the time to keep at it and get prices in other parts of Texas. But just not worth the time to get it down a couple of hundred dollars.

I was surprised by the Honda internet salespeople. Except for the dealer I bought from, they seemed pretty clueless as to how to negotiate or even respond to potential customers. Very amateurish. I bought an Audi a year ago and their internet salespeople were much more sophisticated and responsive.

The Odyssey EX seems very nice. It's sort of wallowy in turns but you expect that in minivans, I suppose. Considered buying the Sienna but its second-row seat just doesn't work well for us (we need to put in three child seats) and the Odyssey's second row works with three child seats. Odyssey seemed to have better leg room, too.
  • Options
    hunt_acurahunt_acura Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
    I got a quote for 33.3K (EXL+RES). Today going to buy it in Orlando. I couldn't find anything cheaper than that.
  • Options
    vinh36vinh36 Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2011
    That is an invoice price, but if you get other accessories, you get an okay price. At this economy turmoil, selling a vehicle at invoice price is normal. It is just my opinion.
  • Options
    jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    Albany Honda in Albany, Georgia ..... although I don't know your dealerships as well as how folks are responding to the disaster in Japan, but I would think that there would be dealerships in states closer by who would jump at $38K for a touring. Best of luck with your search ...... we hav our Touring for a few weeks now and it is great.
  • Options
    obewanobewan Member Posts: 8
    We are looking to buy a 2011 Odyssey EXL with RES. Best price quoted thus far is $33,500 + TTL. Early in the process, but can anyone advise if they have a better price in North Carolina?
  • Options
    future_buyerfuture_buyer Member Posts: 2
    Hi dallaspatent,

Like you, I appreciate the Odyssey's 2nd row a lot. And I'm considering to buy one in DFW area in a near future. Would you provide the dealership's name and additional contact info?

Did you get any options included in that price?

Thanks~
  • Options
    My turn to post a price paid

2011 Odyssey EX-L with Navigation + accessories(all season mats, wheel locks, cargo net, full tank of gas).

Purchase price:
    $34,025 (includes destination)
    + Tax(9.5%)
    + $487 DMV/registration fees
    + $55 documentation fee

I prefer not to state the tax as it reminds me how expensive everything is in California :-). Ridiculous isnt it?

Financed the deal at 2.79% APR for 36 months.

Thanks everyone for their feedback on this forum. The EXL-navi does seem to be in high demand through the bay area. I did not have much success playing dealerships off against one another as most refused to negotiate citing low inventory. Walking into dealerships and making an offer also did not work. I only had the sense of prices from these forums to navigate to a decent price.

Overall I am happy with the deal at about $350 below invoice. The best part of it is that we got our top choice color - exterior and interior. There were only four of those in the entire bay area when we were looking.