Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kshaksha Member Posts: 3
    South Bay, California
  • Options
    ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    Any feedback on this? Was hoping to go to the dealership tomorrow.

Also, anyone have problems with dealers low balling on trade-ins once a low aggressive price has been negotiated?
  • Options
    charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    I have a feeling that CA buyers can get much better price than other states. Is this just me who feels this way?
  • Options
    beethbeeth Member Posts: 13
    The deals asked me to finance with Honda in order to get me better price, and I think 0.9% is very good rate(the lowest rate from the banks is 1.74%, from PenFed). Some people said it was a trick, no one can really get 0.9% in fact, but pay up to 3%+, is that true? I have credit score around 760-780. Thanks!
  • Options
    poli123poli123 Member Posts: 1
    what dealership in VA?
  • Options
    kshaksha Member Posts: 3
    I visited the dealership yesterday. I was very skeptical but surprisingly all was well. They kept the promise of $31,940 OTD with my 13K trade-in for Camry Hybrid. No annoying salesmanship for accessories. I already told them in the email that I do not need any. Do you guys recommend any must-haves?

BUT, for the extended warranty 7 years/100,000 miles they first wrote $2,499..I was like whatttttt?? then they went to $1,999 and then they went to $1,575..Is that a good price. They are not budging anymore..Is that a good price?
    I have not said yes yet. Going back soon. I am going for silver outside/truffle interior EX-L
  • Options
    beartiebeartie Member Posts: 1
    We financed through Honda the first time we bought from them and got the best rate from them based on our credit score. Ours wasn't as high as yours is at the time so we had to pay a different rate but it still beat the banks.
  • Options
    balvadbalvad Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Would you mind sharing the dealers name? We are also looking for EX-L.
  • Options
    beethbeeth Member Posts: 13
    Thanks! Then I may not have to get the bank pre-approval before I want to close the deal.
  • Options
    mike20878mike20878 Member Posts: 60
    I recently received an email from a local dealer offering top dollar for our 2008 Odyssey. They say they need to increase their inventories with certain pre-owned vehicles. Plus a "huge bonus" towards a new car. Has anyone had a good experience with these offers?
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Typical marketing scam. They send those offers out all the time and they're virtually meaningless. That said, the deals on the Odyssey are pretty good right now.
  • Options
    mike20878mike20878 Member Posts: 60
    I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Anyway, I think I've resolved the battery issue in my car anyway. It's not worth a new car payment.

Thanks.
  • Options
    sleejusasleejusa Member Posts: 3
    Hi all, just sharing the price I paid on a 2013 Honda Odyssey this past weekend at Kings Honda in Cincinnati. I did all of my negotiating through email, including multiple dealers. When they started asking for competitor deals in writing, and were only willing to match, not beat offers, I figured I was getting close to bottoming out. I got the deal finalized, walked in and bought the van using special Honda financing (0.9%).

Here is what I paid in the end.

Sales Price: $26,726
    Protection Package - Rubber mats, trunk tray, splash guards: $499
    Documentation Fee: $250
    6.5% Sales Tax: $1785
    Tax/Title: $33
    Dealer Cash Rebate: -$750
    Total Out The Door: $28,544

Also, I should note, they were willing to take the protection package out, which would have made the total $500 less. that was just something I wanted.
  • Options
    thundercrackerthundercracker Member Posts: 14
    love this forum. now in the market for a touring, but might go with exl w/ nav or exl w/ res, depending on price. emailed and got responses from 2 boston-area dealers today

dealer 1.
    Touring - $35731 sale price, includes $830 destination, + $2233 (Mass sales tax, 6.25) + $239 doc and $139 reg fee = $38328 OTD

Dealer 2
    Touring- basically $100 less than dealer one, however i dont know their doc fee.

d1 - exl w/ nav, $31955 price w/ destination + tax and fees = $34316 OTD
    d2 - $100 less than d1

any thoughts regarding pricing. reading over 20 pages of this thread tells me that these prices are about right on with what people have been getting.

thanks in advance
  • Options
    jessewkjessewk Member Posts: 2
    My wife has a 2010 Honda Insight Lease which ends May 31st 2013. Our original plan was to wait til around Memorial Day May 25th to look for a 2013 Honda Odyssey. Hoping to get a good deal due to holiday sales and end of month deals. But I see that now is also a good time due to incentives and financing specials. Im looking for advice on if I should look now or stick it out until lease is actually over.
  • Options
    pekopeko Member Posts: 15
    I had the same situation. My lease ends in June but I just made a deal for a new lease. If you're car is great condition and your mileage is low trade in your lease car for new. Dealer will work in the remaining payments with the new lease.
  • Options
    jroth3jroth3 Member Posts: 2
    Here goes:
    Sales Price : $28,914
    Processing Fee : $499
    Destination : $830
    Taxes (for VA): $929.80
    Tags etc: $156.69
    OTD : $31,329.49

This included "at no extra charge" wheel locks ($82) & Splash Guards ($104) Cargo Tray ($114)...$ values are list (I don't have broken down numbers for these).

Other bonus is that they offered KBB "Excellent" on the trade.

At another dealer had negotiated another offer - but didn't go with it because trade in was slightly less:
    OTD: $31,074.75 (no wheel locks splash guards or cargo tray)
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    I get these things almost on a monthly basis. Often times they refer to vehicles I no longer own. They are designed solely to entice a person to visit the dealership, which is any dealer's main goal.

Really, what does Top Dollar actually mean? Nothing!
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    A dealer will always work the remaining payments into a new lease as long as the result does not exceed the lease payment for which a person qualifies. That lease payment is set by the financing company not by the dealer. However, a dealer may have some influence with the finance company which might, in some circumstances, result in a higher payment being allowed.

If the finance company sets the lease limit for a person at $500, a dealer can essentially add anything to the capitalized cost of the lease as long as the monthly lease payment does not exceed $500. If the terms of a lease result in a lease payment of $525, the dealer will request a reduction of the capitalized cost from the leasee to achieve the $500 payment amount. Of course, a savy buyer would attempt to have the dealer reduce the sellng price of the vehicle to achieve the $500 payment.

Other restrictions on the lease include a limit to the total capitalized cost by the financing company set at a percentage of the MSRP of the vehicle. Depending on a person's credit profile, that percentage may be more or less than the MSRP. For example, a person with poor credit might be financed at 80 percent of MSRP while a person with great credit might be financed at 110 percent of MSRP.

All of these computations are conducted in the little F&I room in the back of the dealership. The sales person has nothing to do with these events. The F&I managers have the dual role of getting the buyer financed while, at the same time, greatly improving the dealer's profit. The profit motive of these people means they are rarely a buyer's friend.
  • Options
    ocabs75ocabs75 Member Posts: 4
    I have an offer in hand for a new odyssey ex-l with Res with remote start and roof rack which are add on accesories for 31,700, plus tax and registration. Sounds pretty good to me, any opinions?
  • Options
    dooboodooboo Member Posts: 1
    It looks like you can get the EX-L at much lower price, at around $29k.

Must be new incentives started, which hasn't posted, but prices are coming down, FAST.
  • Options
    saggynjsaggynj Member Posts: 4
    Yesterday I stopped by a dealership in NJ before which I had gotten the quotes over internet from several dealers for the minivan. I'm getting the following price for the car.

Is this a good deal?

EX-L with Navigation: 32300 (include destination)

Dealer always has etching so another $199 (tried to get without but they don't have any such cars)

Tax + Tags/ID + Documentation Fee extra...

I will finalize the deal if you experts think it's a good deal. Any other dealership recommendations are welcome too
  • Options
    hi,

as an fyi, i got quotes last week (wed) from 3 boston-area dealers for 2013 ex-l w/ nav. all 3 pricing was $31,900 and 31,800 that includes destination, but not sales tax, nor doc fees($249 and reg fees $125).

not sure if things are different in NJ. one dealer told me that there was a short supply of ex-l w/ nav because of some navigation supplier issue. who knows if this is correct.

good luck.
  • Options
    ok,
    i ended up getting an off-lease, 2011 certified honda touring, with 23k miles and roof rails. clean carfax. sale price was $31,000, then tax, and doc fees. got 1.74% financing for 60 mths, through the honda guys' banks (alternatively, penfed offers the same rate, new/used), so i was ready to get my own financing. got $13000 for my wife's 06 mdx.

now i just gotta figure out how to use all those toys.

thanks again for this forum!
  • Options
    @thundercracker: Thank you for the reply and price details.

I did some research and found that NJ prices are always $400-500 up compared with neighboring states. It seems the demand is more (not sure about this but). But it's very hard to find a 2011-12 used car at reasonable price which I was trying for more than 3 months. It almost costs as much as new cars hence buying a new one now.

Anyone else in NJ got a better deal than $32,300 for EX-L NAVIGATION?
  • Options
    bob919bob919 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    can someone e-mail me a quote for EXL?
  • Options
    Use truecar.com, I used that website to arrange competitive bids and one of the dealers made an extremely competitive offer which I used to base all my negotiations from. Got a very good price for an odyssey ex-l res, couple of grand under invoice.
  • Options
    crystal77crystal77 Member Posts: 1
    how to get that price? 29k for the basic ex-l? any idea what the new incentive is? thanks
  • Options
    chinnuchinnu Member Posts: 1
    This seems very good deal to me. I got as less as 31,990 for Ex-l w/RES in Michigan. Can you share dealer name or City?
  • Options
    In NJ I got $29,995 (including destination) for EX-L. This also includes free oil changes and car washes for every service for the life of the vehicle.
  • Options
    king981king981 Member Posts: 2
    I've received quotes for the EX-L without RES for around this same price. Would you mind sharing the name of the dealership that quoted $31,700 including RES and remote start? That sounds like a good deal. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    mike762mike762 Member Posts: 5
    I wonder how realistic it is to shoot for the price sleejusa paid on an EX. I've got 4 initial quotes from local dealers that are well above 26,726. To me, that price sounds phenomenal but I haven't seen anyone comment on it as being great.

I'm in the Harrisburg, PA metro area and the quotes I've received so far for a base EX with no extras are: 28,541, 28,719, 28,933, and 30,083.

I haven't sent a counter offer back yet as I'm struggling to come up with a good price to counter with. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Options
    Aim for at least 1500$ below invoice and see what they come up with
  • Options
    akkijainakkijain Member Posts: 17
    Which state you bought the car. Would you tell me which area and breakdown of your OTD. I am also looking for EX-L in bay area.
  • Options
    I am looking for Honda Oydseey Ex-L best prices OTD. Please share your experience if you have bought one recently. I am getting 33400 OTD so far but I see some people mentioned that they paid around 32000. I would appreciate your help
  • Options
    apadyyapadyy Member Posts: 15
    Hi all, THis is the price i got from a dealer in Atlanta area for 2013 Honda odyssey touring. $37,950.88 OTD (include everything , tax, tile, dealer fee, destination). No accessories included in this.

They have limited colors available and price is valid for only those in stock

They are quoting a GAP of $750 for a zero down 60month Honda financed loan.

Is this worth?
  • Options
    jerickson100jerickson100 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $31075 OTD for an EX-L in Virginia. Nothing extra included.
  • Options
    pvr_njpvr_nj Member Posts: 8
    SaggyNJ, I'm also looking for EX-L Base in NJ. Could you please share the dealership details?
  • Options
    omahahahaomahahaha Member Posts: 6
    Hello all. I just recently learned of this forum and don't know much about leasing. I've done the spreadsheet and I think I have a good offer but would appreciate any feedback. The terms are for a new 2013 EX-L w/RES, splash guards and door edge guards. 36 month lease for $349/month after $2,500 downpayment. No other dealer fees but tax, title and registration are on me. Buy-out at the end is $19,109.15. I believe this is a decent deal but want to make sure I'm not overlooking something. Thanks all!
  • Options
    aahhaahh Member Posts: 3
    You can shop around for EX-L with no additional options just under $29.2k selling price. There is incentive going on for $2200 doscount whether leasing or buying.
  • Options
    sappy1sappy1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi apadyy,

What is th dealer name ? I am also looking touring.. I am getting a quote of 35282+500+899+ tax your quote is great what is the dealer name?

thanks
    sappy1
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    We need your input to improve our Forums!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums
  • Options
    kunalrd2000kunalrd2000 Member Posts: 2
    any suggestion about easy care or honda care extended warranties
  • Options
    mike762mike762 Member Posts: 5
    Here's the best deal I've been able to procure at this time:

$28,055 - Odyssey EX Base
    $903.30 - 6% Tax
    $184.05 - License fee
    $750 - Down payment assistance from Honda

They're going to give me $13K for my '08 Element EX 4WD with a $4K payoff. I think I'll bite if I can convince them to throw in splash guards and moulding.

No where near as good as sleejusa's price but I'm starting to hit a wall. They're also telling me that $1K is the max for an EX and that the extra $500 is for EX-L and above trims. Per Edmunds the $1500 is available for the EX. Don't know who to believe.

What do you guys think of this deal?
  • Options
    Ok my deal is essentially final. Car price is 31700 on an ex-l with RES including destination charges, no other costs other than registration, plates, tax. All weather mats, roof rack, and remote start are also in there. I think this is about as good as it gets.
  • Options
    I am getting EX-L for 32600 OTD (CA- 8.5% tax. Did anybody experience better deal? Please share..
  • Options
    seabee12seabee12 Member Posts: 4
    Wow!!! :0] what area of Ca and how much was the OTD price? I'm looking for a good dealer in SOCAL. San Diego or LA
    Thanks!
  • Options
    pvr_njpvr_nj Member Posts: 8
    SaggyNJ, for some reason my reply to you was deleted. My email should be visible on my profile. Could you please send the dealership name, contact person and quote ? Thank you.
  • Options
    ph1ph1 Member Posts: 8
    Going to try to get the ex for under 28000 + fees hopefully will work out to under 30k OTD...
    Any Atlanta buyers recently...Saw the 26726 post but that just seems too good to be true.
  • Options
    I am in San Francisco bay area. I am going to get the van today, I will let you know if OTD 32600 will be honored or not.