2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2010 Cadillac SRX Noises

2»

Comments

• Options
    64elcie64elcie Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2010 SRX used with 70 tho+ miles. A week after I purchased it I started to hear a rattle in the suspension. Of course I bought it "AS IS" so I went to a repair shop and had them look at it, they thought it was the brake caliper pins, so for $300 bucks I had them replaced. This did not cure the problem, then I took it back to the dealer I bought it from, they diagnosed it as a left front electric strut. So for $525 bucks plus labor they would take care of the problem. WELL that also was a mistake, they (said) they tested and tried every which way to find the rattle but it is still there.
    This is my 5th Caddie, and I always had vary good results, what you would expect from a Caddie, and other then this terrible rattle that nobody can find, I enjoy this vehicle also. But I just can't understand why this rattle can't be eliminated. I guess my next move is to take it to the Cadillac dealer, and pay more out of the pocket.
  • Options
    blondie70blondie70 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    We own a 2010 SRX that had no problems but developed a low drone sound with acceleration and continues off the pedal. THe sound begins at around 25 mph and get noticeably louder at around 35mph. Dealer first said we need new tires. (We did need new tires - they were pretty worn). Bought new tires, sound still exists. Service department now says the tires are harder, we will feel the vibration. Trouble is that the sound is the same with new or old tires.

Sound gets louder the faster you go but also drones down to a stop with or without pedal.
    The sound doesn't seem to come on at any particular gear.
    Hard to pinpoint where the sound emanates but we think the engine compartment or the wheels.
    There is no change in performance --- only the drone.

Any ideas?... I really didn't appreciate the dealership not offering to drive it around to see for themselves. Actually, that bugs me a lot.

b
  • Options
    gm_bigotgm_bigot Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2016
    Bondie70: You have a bad wheel bearing. Same exact thing happened to us last summer. This is something that needs to be addressed ASAP as there is a possibility of the wheel coming off the car if there is a complete failure of the bearing. The fact that the dealership did not drive the car to diagnose the noise is astounding to me. I'd find another dealership or, at a minimum, ask to speak to the service manager and register a complaint. This is irresponsible behavior.
  • Options
    dbud18847dbud18847 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 srx, and I have a wicked humming noise front the passenger front side. any clue what that may be before I put in new wheel bearings. I put new tires on it to see if it was the tires but no difference in sound