Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rear parking assist availability

jfdsccmjfdsccm Member Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in Cadillac
When looking at the cadillac.com website, one section says the Ultrasonic real parking assist is not available on base and luxury trip. In other sections it says rear parking assist IS available on luxury trim and is standard. My question is whether rear parking assist is or is not standard on the luxury trim? Or is there a difference between Ultrasonic rear assist and regular rear parking assist.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jfdsccm,

This is going to depend on which model you are referring to. For the 2011 CTS Sedan and CTS-V sedan the ultrasonic rear parking assist is not an available option for the base and luxury trim level. The ultrasonic rear parking assist is an available option starting on the 1SF trim level and is included and only available with the Luxury Level Two package. The ultrasonic rear parking assist is standard for the 1SF and 1SV. For the 2011 CTS Coupe and CTS-V Coupe the ultrasonic rear parking assist is standard for all trim levels. Hope this information helps.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    jfdsccmjfdsccm Member Posts: 8
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am looking at the CTS sport Wagon. On the features and specs page of your website, it states ultrasonic rear parking assist as not being available on either base or luxury collection. However on the "Safety" tab it lists the Rear Parking Assist Not available on base but as being available on the Luxury collection. So this is the source of my lack of understanding, as they appear to be contradictory. Unless, in the safety tab Rear parking assist is different than Ultrasonic parking assist.
    I would appreciate a clarification. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jfdsccm,

For the 2011 CTS Sport Wagon the ultrasonic rear parking assist is an available option for the 1SF trim level, it is included and only available in Luxury Level Two Package however the ultrasonic rear parking assist is standard for the 1SH 1SV trim levels.

The ultrasonic parking assist is not available for the base and luxury models however the rearview camera option is a standard for the luxury model but this option is only available with the Luxury Level One Package which includes heavy-duty pet guard cargo net, retractable cargo area shade, theft-deterrent alarm system, audio system, rearview camera and accent lighting.

Hope this information helps.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
This discussion has been closed.