Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you received a recall notice for your car, but decided that you're not going to take it in to get it fixed? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you about it. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, September 26, 2018 telling us why you decided not to get the repair, and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

Parking Lights wont turn off

kjzippykjzippy Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Oldsmobile
I drove home from work in extremely heavy rain. When I exited my 98 aurora the parking lights were still on and the ding-dong alarm when the door was open let me know they were on. The problem is I have adjusted the light switches and turned off and restarted the car, but the lights are still on and draining my battery. How can I get the turned off?

Comments

• I think this problem was solved and also documented really well with a procedure and photos at the website:

http://65.39.242.200/~aghl/Aurora/index.html

The problem is caused by a small amount of grease inside the turn signal lever slowly flowing over time between the electrical contacts inside the turn signal - intermittently shorts-out the headlights or parking light switches.
This discussion has been closed.