Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

B pillar squeak/creak noise

johns18johns18 Member Posts: 2
I have a 2011 Malibu and get a creaking noise on the drivers side where the upper seat belt mounts on the B pillar (area) when going over some bumps. It is most predominant between 6 and 15c (~40-60F). Have driven 6800 miles and not a sound when above this temp. range. No sunroof in my case, does not appear to be the roof/pillar airbag or window glass (open closed the same). I am suspecting door frame rubbing against the chassis or seatbelt mechanics. Any one else have similar?

Thx

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    johns18,
    I apologize for your concerns. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. Have you spoke with your dealer regarding your concern? If not, I would recommend starting there.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • johns18johns18 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    It will be heading there Wed for an oil change, so will mention it. Previous experience with chasing noises however, I am fully prepared the "would not do it for us". Hoping to be surprised ;~)
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    johns18,
    Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing about your dealer experience. Please feel free to email me directly! Have a great weekend! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service