Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LaCrosse Navigation

howell777howell777 Member Posts: 5
2010 cxs LaCrosse-When I start the car and push Nav screen the screen is quite dark. After 5-10 minutes screen is fine. Doesn't always happen but very irritating esp when in a parking garage or at night. Plan to take to dealer but wonder if any of you have experienced this or may have a solution.

Comments

• shane_pshane_p Member Posts: 2
    Overall I love the car!!!! However I think I loaded a corrupt mp3 on to the hard drive. Every time I go to the hard drive mode it freezes. It try's to play the same mp3 (the last one played) every time I go to the hard drive mode. After it freezes on the MP3, I can still navigate to the other modes fm/cd/navigation but it will act buggy (gps stops working) until I restart the vehicle. Sometimes if I am really quick I can hit the HDD/CD button and press the Delete button immediately after but that just stays frozen on a modal screen that says "...deleting contents" until I restart. Is there another way to reset? Or a nav disc I can use to restore it like a PC?????? I hate to say this but I bet Sync has a reset feature or maybe just better error/exception handling. A service manager said they would have to replace the hard drive but that sounds silly. What if this happens again? Corrupt mp3's are common and will still play on most players. WTF
  • woodlandsmacwoodlandsmac Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

I just picked up a CSX last week and quickly loaded a usb stick with some music. A few mp3s were corrupted, but it just quickly skipped over them.

Keith
  • mpelleg823mpelleg823 Member Posts: 4
    When I put an address in my Nav system, if I turn the engine off for any reason when I turn it back on the address and nav is gone and I have to start from scratch. Is there a way to overcome this problem
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Member Posts: 1,380
    First it sounds like you have a problem. Mine retains whenever I stop and you should go to dealer. In the meantime you might save the routing once punched in so you can easily recall it.
    Thanks, I will do as you suggest.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mpelleg823,
    How did things go at the dealer?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Gina

Car is going in tomorrow Fri the 18th so will let you know at the end of the day.
    Thanks
    Michael
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Does the NAV screen dim along with the dash lights when the headlights are on? Can it be controlled with the dimmer switch during that time? If the headlights are on during cloudy days or early morning or dusk lighting, the NAV might be dimming thinking it's night.

Also does your car have rainsensing wipers? If those are on even at the first click of delay, the headlights are on whether needed or not.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• howell777howell777 Member Posts: 5
    Nav screen can dim whether lights are on or off day or night. No rain sensing wipers.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    I checked the resources I have available, howell777, and did not see any troubleshooting available to help on this. Keep us posted on how your dealership visit goes, and if you would like for us to follow up with them on anything we can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a brief summary to get started).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • kurtcxlawdkurtcxlawd Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL with the navigation system. I was able to load music onto the hard drive and play it back. I was very happy with this feature. The next time I started the car, the music source to the HDD and the first song played, and repeated as if it was the only song on the drive. I've gone into the HDD Music Menu and tried setting the HDD in the Albums or Artists mode and Shuffle, I can find and listen to other songs, but when the car is restarted I'm back to only playing song #1.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the a firmware update available?
  • kurtcxlawdkurtcxlawd Member Posts: 2
    Found out on buickforums.com that there is an update available from the dealer. I'm at U306 and the updates are at least at U415.
  • shane_pshane_p Member Posts: 2
  • coolbreezcoolbreez Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 model I have not updated my nav system I could not believe the cost to do this any one know of any way to do this without using the dealership? My garmin is free to upgrade. any ways
    just throwing this out their who knows someone just might have a good answer.