Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Old Antique Trunk

mstumpmstump Member Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in General
Hello, we recently found an old car trunk, but it doesn't have any markings on it. Initially we thought it was a Hood, but after looking at the latching mechanism, we realized it used to have a Push Button latch to open the trunk.

I have scoured the internet looking for something that matches its look, but I am not a car Enthusiast.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't see a way to post a picture here, but it is V-Shaped. On the inside it has two sets of four screw holes for mounting the hinges. It also has a cross-member that has two hooks that appeared to have held another piece.

The latching system has 3 mounting holes with a larger hole in the center. That hole aligns with another hole in the latching mechanism, which has a u-shaped piece that rotated.

I do have pictures if there is a way to post here.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

P.S. I did post them on Facebook too. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=616047001774114&set=pcb.616047781774036&- type=1&theater
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited August 2013
    Hello!

We already have a topic to help out with IDs of old cars or their parts:

Vintage Car Identification Help

Also, your link to the image does not work, so fix that first and then we'll see you in the other topic!

This topic will be made "read only"