Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    My FX has the Creaky Seat and moving on tracks seat problem. That is the only problem I have though. No other rattles or noises and I live in houston and it has been over 90 every day since I had my fx but no hatch problems. I will take it in soon to have the seat looked at and will report my findings. This car is great!!!
  • Options
    psu1983psu1983 Member Posts: 24
    Just finalized a deal today on an FX35 w/ tech package, although I won't get it until next week (I wanted a specific color-Diamond Graphite-so the dealer had to locate and trade for one). I'm trading out of my 2nd LX470, and although I've loved these vehicles, I'm ready for something different. After looking at the Lexus GX470, Lincoln Aviator and even the Porsche Cayenne, I decided nothing compares to the FX $ for $. Additional benefit is there's no dealership within 70 miles (I live in Harrisburg, PA), so I'll probably own the only one in this town! Thanks to many of you on this board who provided some helpful info. in making my decision to join the FX Club.
  • Options
    psb1013psb1013 Member Posts: 92
    Congrats to all new FX owners! As a previous owner of a RX300 and X5, it's like a breath of fresh air to own something so radical and different as the FX. I've had my Diamond Graphite (awesome color) FX45 for a month now and like the fact that so far, I've seen only one other one on the road (and that's in a Big city like Chicago). Compare that to the dozens of RX's and X5's I see every day. Sure, as word gets around, we'll see more FX's on the road as time goes by but I think that by not compromising the purpose of the FX (in performance and design), Infiniti has assured the FX won't get "boring" anytime soon.
  • Options
    muddogmuddog Member Posts: 26
    My wife, too, has been driving a '99 Audi A6 Avant wagon -- nice car, if under powered. We traded it yesterday for a silver over willow (think tan/beige) FX35, with premium package, splash guards and roof rails (the roof rails REALLY help to finish out the car).

The FX35 has plenty of power, handles well and is fun. We only picked it up yesterday, so not much time to evaluate; but, so far, so good. Will keep eyes open for the molding issues mentioned.

My wife is not "masculine," and she'd be surprised to read the "the FX is for men" comments.

Muddog
  • Options
    I'm sure there will be quite a bit of women driving the FX's. But given the "qualities" of the car, I'm sure this is one of those rare SUV's where more men than women will drive it.
  • Options
    tmjddstmjdds Member Posts: 22
    Took my mom SUV shopping at a high end automall. She drove the Mercedes ML350, BMW X5 and was not impressed. She saw the Infiniti and fell in love with the looks. She will be taking delivery of a FX45 in Beryllium/Brick. I must have said, "Are you sure?" a hundred times but she just loved it. Trading in her 1999 ML320 for it...mom is 68.
  • Options
    trragtopstrragtops Member Posts: 7
    hello
    would any one have info for where I can get a "custom" retractable cargo area cover for my FX45 Pearl/ Willow??
    I just installed the factory infiniti cover and it is a horrible fit. There is about an 8" gap between the front to the cover and the back seats ( yes the seats are reclined) and another 10" gap between the hatch door and the back of the cover.
    I use my FX45 for work and need to store my laptop and other files in the back.
    What good is a gargo cover if it still leaves the cargo contents visible??
    Anyone have any suggestions
    thanks
  • Options
    sean48sean48 Member Posts: 37
    This may or may not solve your cargo cover "problem" but, if it's anything like the cover used in the Murano, there are actually two mini retractable covers that pull out from the front of the main cargo cover and attach to small hooks on the back of the rear seat. These retractable covers then extend and retract as the seatbacks are reclined or adjusted upright, and completely cover the forward cargo area.

In the rear, the cover can be pulled and "locked" into two different positions...one several inches forward of the rearmost position. In the rearmost position, the cargo area is totally covered.

Check this out. I suspect that the Infiniti cover has adjustments similar to the Murano. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    trragtopstrragtops Member Posts: 7
    sean48, thanks for the post but unfortunately the FX45 cover does not seem to have the same features as the Murano's
    Maybe I should just buy a Murano cover and try to rig it to work in the FX?
    thanks
  • Options
    gazelle2gazelle2 Member Posts: 38
    Interesting that we both bailed on the 99 A6 after less than 3 years--but it is a nice car. AS to the gender preference thing, a week ago I was on a side street in Princeton, NJ--a well-heeled neighborhood. There was a long line of traffic backed up for a red light, and I stopped to let a woman in a new-looking Jag out of her driveway. Once in the line of traffic she suddenly jumped out of the car, ran over to my window, and asked what I was driving. She said that she and her two daughters(sitting in her car) thought it was "absolutely beautiful". She actually wrote down the info I gave her, making me worry for the future of the Jag. The FX does seem to inspire some passions, of a different sort than aroused by the cult-like Pontiac Aztek. (well---- maybe not the Aztek).
  • Options
    fx35driverfx35driver Member Posts: 11
    I can't believe you mentioned FX and Pontiac Aztek in the same sentence:-)
  • Options
    I might have been just a bit facetious in doing that. Well, in both the case of the FZ and the Aztek, people who get paid big bucks for design concepts felt that they had the 'answer". One crew obviously did not. I will take one little swipe at the FX crew. I think if they had elongated the curve over the rear windows, letting it fall a bit more gracefully, the car would be just perfect. I think that curve could be improved. If I could take an FX pic and play with it in Adobe photoshop, I'd love to show you what I mean--but for now, back to work...
  • Options
    muddogmuddog Member Posts: 26
    We actually like the A6 very much, especially my wife. She got many compliments on it. But even she admitted yesterday that, almost without knowing it, she had grown tired of it.

We had it for more than 3 1/2 years, though (Sept. would have been 4).

Muddog
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I came from an Audi also (allroad) although in my case it was an accident that led me to the FX45. I would have kept the allroad for another 2-3 years but had no choice but to look elsewhere when the insurance company decided to total it.
    :-(

Anyway even though I would have been very happy to drive the Audi for another couple of years, I am a very happy FX owner now and try not to look back. Each car has its strong points but overall I like the FX better.
  • Options
    mzz1mzz1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got an FX35. It seems the left headlight is aimed so that at night the right headlight illuminates a further distance straight up in front of the car than the left hedlight. The dealer says this is normal and the factory aimed the left headlight lower then the right to prevent blinding oncoming traffic?
    Anyone notice this? Anyone know if I can realign it myself?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    You can "adjust" the headlight aim yourself, but it's a hit and miss unless you have the little "machine" that you hold to the front of the glass. You can park in front of a wall or garage door to get a reference point, and be sure to mark a "point of beginning" as a reference to the original position. There will be some kind of "screw" or hex head to adjust up or down.
    But the dealer is right. The driver's side is intentionally adjusted down so it does not blind oncoming traffic. So be cautious with how wild you get.
  • Options
    Also, you can adjust the vertical height of the beams a little bit via a small dial on the left of the dash (close to the guages).
  • Options
    Anyone noticed that the FX's HID's are somewhat too "yellow" (esp. in daytime, they almost look like regular halogens). My previous X5 had HID's that were much more blue.
  • Options
    toeknailtoeknail Member Posts: 5
    Where in Princeton? I work in Princeton and live in Montgomery... and I have not seen too many of these on the roads yet. I have a silver FX35, my neighbor has the exact same thing. I have also seen a black FX on Nassau street driving by, and an FX heading into the Cherry Valley development. That's really about it so far. Oh yeah, saw a Liquid Copper one about 2 months ago at the intersection of Carnegie Center Blvd and Route 1. All these sitings were before I bought mine 4 weeks ago.

This past weekend I was washing my car in my driveway when my neighbor came out to admire the car. She is in her 80s, so I guess the FX can not only appeal to women, but can cross the generation gap also!
  • Options
    My wife drove the fx to work yesterday, and had difficulty getting the gas filler cap to open. I also had problems with it. Twice I've had to go around to help the gas attendant figure out how to open it. It lays flush and has to be pushed in to pop it out. It all seems so counter intuitive. Seems to me a simple button or lever would have been just fine. Do all Infinitis have the same system?
  • Options
    Hi! I teach and chair a dept. in a private school on Great Road. The woman in the Jag was pulling out of a house just near Elm and #206. I've seen very few, and my daughter keeps asking why no one else has bought one, and did we goof. I think it's a real niche car. My teaching colleagues with multiple kids and/or dogs wouldn't find them roomy enough. A family with one child(now driving) and with modest cargo needs would have more fun in the fx than in any Pilot or Highlander, or even the dread new Lexus 330, though I may be biased. I live in Flemington, by the way, very near the Infiniti dealer!
  • Options
    crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    I know what you mean about the fuel filler door. I read the manual since I was wondering how I would open it.

So, after I figure it out, I pull up to a gas station with my wife and twins. I get out to fill the FX with fuel. I push on the fuel filler door and it would not open. I try a couple more times until I finally decided to check the manual again. Wait! I could not open my door. Lo and behold, my wife (who can be quite paranoid at times) locked the doors as soon as I exited, thereby locking the fuel filler door also. I looked so silly at the gas pump.
  • Options
    fx35driverfx35driver Member Posts: 11
    With nothing but a weak spring to push it out, i hope its not susceptible to freezing closed in the winter. I had a rental Cadillac do that to me once...Hertz (or whoever the rental agency was) had to bring me another Cadillac on a tow truck because i was to far from town to drive it back to the rental agency on the remaining fuel.
  • Options
    ichiban470ichiban470 Member Posts: 45
    I love this FX ! Traded my '92 Dinan BMW in for the 45 and have no regrets at all . Could have bought a BMW M3 or the Lexus SC430. Couldn't make myself buy the M3 knowing in a few months I would see some teenager or college kid driving one. The Lexus SC430 was one hell of a car but had no trunk space. I'm still a working man and I need space for all my gear. The FX45 fit the bill for me. Got all the options (tech. pkg. ; rack w/cross bars; nav. ; etc.) . Everywhere I go people stop and ask me if they could look inside. Lots of compliments on the styling . Most say it is so "Muscular looking" or " Aggressive". I'm a 41 year old male and this is what I like to hear about my vehicles. Quality on the FX45 is super so far ! Everything works without a problem. I also own a Lexus LX470 (wife's SUV) and so far my FX45 is up to par with our Lexus. Bought the LX470 for the family (third row seats, comfort , etc.). Bought the FX45 for me ( performance , space, and not a kid car that Daddy will buy for him/her ). Totally satisfied !
  • Options
    toeknailtoeknail Member Posts: 5
    Finally, after owning my FX for 4 weeks, I saw another FX on the road while I was driving mine (another silver, like mine). Gazelle2, this was on Alexander in Princeton. I'll probably see you on the road one of these days too.

So far we have found the FX to be roomy enough for my wife, me, and our baby daughter. We have 2 small dogs who have not been in there yet, but it will surely feel less roomy when we all pile in. However, I am confident we will manage. Any more additions to the family, and it will definitely be a tight fit. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
  • Options
    I have had my FX35 Tech for almost a month now and have 1500 miles on it. I will list the negatives first (short list) and then the positives.

Negatives
    - Driver Seat moves slightly when accelerating and braking
    - Same seat also squeaked (has disappeared)
    - Limited rear footwell entry
    - Limited cabin storage spaces

Positives
    - Accelration, from a stop or highway speeds is phenomenal
    - Braking, this thing stops shorter than almost all sports sedans
    - Handling, the thing corners like it was on rails
    - Tech package, I feel this really completes the vehicle. Keeps kids happy
    - Curb appeal, It's very nice to be valet parked right out front of a nice steak house while the X5's are in the back :)
    - Rear View camera, helps eliminate minor parking accidents
    - Interior Fit and Finish, The brick leather is of such high quality have gotten many compliments on it
    - Exterior Styling, This car really turns heads.
    - Sound System the bose is great

My whole family absolutely loves this car. We are a family of four and fit in the 35 just fine. We haven't loaded it up with luggage and went on the road but it has been fine around town and hauling groceries etc. This is one car purchase I do not regret :)
  • Options
    Saw your posts in the XC90 forum. LOL. It would be hard to convince Volvo types to consider our FX. Most of them seem to be traditionalists and would not even check out the FX. It was a valiant effort, though. I like the digs about the FX being something that George Jetson would fly err...drive. I did think the poster meant fly since the FX does fly.

I like the XC90 also but I think that Volvo messed up on its introduction -- hyping the vehicle so much but not producing enough to sustain demand. I don't like waiting for a vehicle to be ordered, I like to walk into the dealership, pick out the vehicle that I want and drive it off. The XC90 seems to have quite a few software-related issues that are quite annoying. First year bugs are bit much, IMO. Maybe in a couple of years when the new iteration of the T6 comes out with a proper 5-speed auto or CVT, I'll check it out. That is, if I need more room than our FX provides.
  • Options
    Yeah that volvo bunch is a fiesty one lol. I would have thought more people would have chimed in. The XC90 is nice but that is the ultimate soccer mobile. I agree on the supply and demand thing. I mean I found my FX online worked out the deal and picked it up in about 36 hrs. I couldn't imagine waiting 4-9 months. A lot of people don't like the option packaging on the FX but it makes it easier for the buyer because there is a greater chance of finding what you want. I mean you pick the color then either sport, premium or tech and whether you want roof rails (splash and cargo are on almost every one) and there you have it. the only down side is that ifiniti only has certain colors on particular packages.
  • Options
    After returning from a shopping mall today, I saw a Porsche Cayenne S parked right next to my FX45 and its owner checking out my car! He told me he has never seen a car like mine and thought it was awesome (esp. after I told him how much it cost). Anyways, after I've seen the Cayenne finally in person, it sure looked a lot bigger than I expected--longer and taller than the FX. The FX looks like a lean, mean athlete compared to the Cayenne--no comparison, the FX is a far more stylish car!
  • Options
    I had a Porsche dealer stop me to look at my fx while I passed through there lot. I think you might see a rash of cayennes on Infiniti Dealers used lots :)
  • Options
    ichiban470ichiban470 Member Posts: 45
    I have written "Colgan" , who in my opinion makes the best front end masks for any vehicle, and they told me they have not made one for the FX45/35 . Has anyone been able to purchase one from another company ?
  • Options
    rkuehnrkuehn Member Posts: 120
    Just my opinion... the FX looks very much like the Cayenne that *should* have been designed. Take the FX, add Porsche design cues, and the Cayenne would have been just the SUV that Porsche should have done.

I would also add the the FX may not be as mainstream as the "typical" Infiniti buyer might expect.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Saw and was in both this weekend. My impression is that the FX is very well done with nice appointments, fit and finish. The seating and the visibility seemed very limited and cramped, however. The Cayenne's interior materials and ergonomics I found very disappointing. For example, there is a Toyotaesque type of hole in the center dash in vehicles without the Nav., the radio buttons are tiny and the leather and vinyl looks and feels cheap. In all fairness, I didn't drive it.

My question to all FX owners, is that in the real world, everyday, how is the visibility over the hood and back and do you feel clausterphobic?

The clear cut winner between the two is the FX.....my $.02.
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I do not find the visability to be a problem but it does take some getting used to. Compared to my previous car (Audi allroad) which had glass all around, it's certainly not as good. It becomes more important to make sure that all of the mirrors are adjusted correctly. Here the memory seats are a big help. I've found that it really helps to adjust the rearview mirror upwards a little more than normal, so you can see longer distances rearward. Otherwise, the distance cuts off more than in most vehicles.

Some shorter drivers have complained about the lefthand mirror getting in the way of left hand turns, but this hasn't bothered me - I like the fact that mirror is larger than normal.

I am thinking about getting one of those small round wide-angle paste-on mirrors for the passenger side mirror, for towing my boat. My buddy has one on his Jeep Grand Cherokee and it helped improved the view to that side a lot. I think it might help with the FX just for normal driving too.
  • Options
    jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    I was about to purchase a Murano. Then I saw the Fx35. It was love at first drive! I couldn't decide on whether to buy a premium, sport or tech. After about 3 weeks I decided on a black/brick with tech. I've had it about a week now(about 350 miles) The ride is not all that rough to me(I am selling a 99 540i sport to buy this and I own a 98 M3) To me it is more fun to drive than the 540. I bought it from Vincel Infiniti in Springfield, Mo. The list was 46145 and I bought it for 42200. That was $18 better than the Grubbs VPP price, so I don't feel too bad about the price. I'm glad I spent the extra money for the tech package because it keeps me entertained. The intelligent cruise work great. I like the navigation better than the nav on my 540 If you haven't picked up a copy of the M45 demonstration DVD disc from your Infiniti dealer, I suggest you get a copy. Has to have one of the greatest muscle car races on video. The surround sound on the Bose is fantastic! I have to say I like everything about the car. I drove the G35 and I like the FX better. I have owned about 160 cars and this one ranks right up there as one of the best I have owned. I'm sure I'll take a beating on the tech package at resale, but I'm still glad I added it. Can't wait for the first road trip
  • Options
    jpiatchekjpiatchek Member Posts: 177
    I don't feel cramped or clausterphobic inside my fx. Th view over the hood can be helped by raising the seat a little. There is a fair amount of height adjustment. The view out the back when backing up is limited. I bought the tech package with the rearview camera & this really makes a difference. It works very well, even at night. It's also a great conversation piece. I don't have a problem with the view out the back when driving down the road. Almost bought a Murano, and the view out the back on it is not as good.
  • Options
    stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    Who was your salesman? Did you have to haggle hard to get that price?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Who was your salesman?

Let's not post names (or email addresses or phone numbers) of salespeople on the Town Hall boards. If you want to exchange that kind of information do it privately by email!

tidester, host
  • Options
    Went to the only Infiniti dealer in my area (San Diego) with the family to take a close look at the FX45 in the flesh. I have seen Muranos but not one FX on the road and I drive quite a bit (in Real Estate).
    Impressions: Looked bigger than I thought it would be considering it was on the FM platform.
    I usually buy White but White on the G was not as flattering as Brilliant Silver and especially the Diamond Graphite, which the wife unit considered "rich-looking", even compared to the Silver.
    She wasn't too enamored with the "Brick" interior but I know she thinks Graphite is too dark. I ususally prefer the lighter colors for the solar factor. I dug the tinted glass as standard. Class.
    Well now I'm in a quandary over ext/int color choices. I'd like a light interior like Willow with something darker than just white. Have to do research.
    The salesman (actually the E-Commerce Manager)said the FX35 is as quick or quicker off the line as the 4.5 but the 4.5 has more mid to high speed grunt(hills and passing).
    Just a small % had the Tech Package.
    Had one Beryllium 16 (probably mis-spelled) and that is an interesting color.
    Of course, coming out of a Lincoln LS Manual lease, I had to try the G35 Sedan with six-speed. I just sat in and shifted it, and it seemed fairly raw and metallic in feel, and I wondered if it felt that way under power: Notchy with vibration, and rather unrefined compared with the rest of the car. My LS shifter feels rather cushioned and hydraulic compared to the G35.
    The wife unit and my two boys agreed on one thing: The seats, especially the rear reclining seats, felt much better than the LS rear seats. It's really tough on long drives to sit in the LS rears for lack of lumbar support.
    The next step is a test drive which I omitted because the dealership was closing. I also had to talk with the family over a late restaurant dinner about colors. DG was the majority choice.
    I also faxed over my vital statistics (FICO) for the financial side. They wanted me to take the White one off their hands for $2500 drive-off and $840 a month for 36 months.A little less for 39 months.
    What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Of course, coming out of a Lincoln LS Manual lease, I had to try the G35 Sedan with six-speed. I just sat in and shifted it, and it seemed fairly raw and metallic in feel, and I wondered if it felt that way under power: Notchy with vibration, and rather unrefined compared with the rest of the car. My LS shifter feels rather cushioned and hydraulic compared to the G35.

This boils down to personal preferences. Most automotive publications commented that the G35 Sedan manual shifter seems to be even better than the 350Z and G35 Coupe. Some even commented that it reminded them of the manual tranny in the Honda S2000, which is considered one of the best out there. The notchy snick-snick manual tranny is preferred by most enthusiasts.

They wanted me to take the White one off their hands for $2500 drive-off and $840 a month for 36 months.A little less for 39 months.

Is this a lease or a purchase?
    What are the rates?
  • Options
    lmp180psulmp180psu Member Posts: 399
    "They wanted me to take the White one off their hands for $2500 drive-off and $840 a month for 36 months.A little less for 39 months."

I hope this is a purchase, this seems really high for a lease considering the 2500 drive-off payment.

"Wife Unit"?

Unless I am out of the loop, this is a new way to refer to a partner. I have heard terms like hubby, significant other, and even "boss" LOL! Not being a smart-[non-permissible content removed], just a new one for me.
  • Options
    How about "wifey"?
    I was referring to a lease. I'm self-employed and I can write off 80% of the lease payment. I don't know the Money Factor, but I have been quoted higher monthly (Riverside) and lower (Grubbs).
    It looks like a 50% Residual on the FX45, and I have not figured out the MF. Remember, this thing lists about 53k, and a "good deal" is like 49k.
    The dealer does not have much to say about the Residual (IFS does), but the Cap Cost and MF are the two variables controlled by the dealer.
    A lease is not cheap on this priced vehicle, but a payment would be even more. And $2500 is hardly any Cap Cost Reduction, because you have to make at least the first month payment in most cases.
    Have you seen substantially less payments?
    If you check the dealer inventories, the full boat FX45s are hard to find, especially in B16 and DG. With Brilliant Silver, I could find a Willow interior rather than Brick or Graphite which is more common with DG or B16. All the dealers have tons of non-Tech 45s and 35s.
  • Options
    blckthreeblckthree Member Posts: 153
    Some of you have probably seen a posted list of VIN no's at another site. I too had seen these and was put at ease, since mine was not on there. After looking at the Infiniti website today, I called my dealer to verify my car's status. He reported that it needs to have the bolts replaced, but they do not yet have any in stock. Sure makes you wonder who is right and which information to believe. To be sure, I will schedule an appointment as soon as they recieve bolts.

Below is an excerpt of what they had posted on the Infiniti website:

FX35 2003 Recalls
      2003 FX35(2WD and AWD Models)/FX45 Voluntary Recall Propeller Shaft

2003 FX35(2WD and AWD Models)/FX45 Voluntary Recall Propeller Shaft
    Applies to the 2003 FX45
    Vehicle Identification Number Ranges:
    JNRBS08W* 3X000051 to 002394
    JNRBS08W* 3X400147 to 401816

Applies to the 2003 FX35
    FX35 (2WD) Vehicle Identification Number Ranges:
    JNRAS08U* 33X000014 to 001366
    JNRAS08U* 3X1000074 to 101640

FX35 (AWD) Vehicle Identification Number Ranges:
    JNRAS08W* 3X000028 to 004168
    JNRAS08W* 3X200151 to 2033188

**************** Looks like all of them to me!! *******************

Reason for Recall
    The bolts which attach the propeller shaft(s) to the transaxle and differetial(s) may not have been adequately tightened. If the bolts come loose, the propeller shaft(s) may come off the vehicle which could result in a crash without warning.

http://www.infiniti.com/form/0,,action-IRecallPublicLanding_sctid- - - -52110,00.html
  • Options
    Thankfully, my FX45's vin # isn't one of them. I wonder if Nissan/Infiniti would send out a letter to you if your vehicle is among those recalled. (I received similar such letter from BMW when my X5 had recall problems). Well, being that this the first model year for the FX, I'm not surprised....usually takes a couple years to get all the "bugs" out. (The 2000 and 2001 X5's had a flood of serious problems before things got better).
  • Options
    aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    Nissan does send recall letters to owners of vehicles affected by a recall. I received one for my Altima last year.
  • Options
    blckthreeblckthree Member Posts: 153
    I called Infiniti Customer Service, 1-800-662-6200, and asked them about the recall. They did verify that the recall effects 164 vehicles and by giving them my VIN no, they were able to tell me that my vehicle was not effected.

Yesterday, my dealer was confused and told me my vehicle needed new bolts! I told this to Infiniti and they are going to resend them the message along with the 164 vehicles so maybe they will be better informed when the next person calls them.

If in doubt, call Infiniti or wait for the recall letter.
  • Options
    mudman2mudman2 Member Posts: 152
    Try sub $750 for a 45/tech with $2500 down, NE Corrodor
  • Options
    autobrokerautobroker Member Posts: 19
    I'd like to get an FX with just the nav system -can't justify the price of the Tech Pkg and would never use the rear entertainment. Anybody heard anything about changes to the car for 2004? I called a couple of dealers who did not know anything for sure. One had heard a rumor that the tech package will be eliminated so that you could get the nav system by itself. Anybody know if this is true? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    mudman2mudman2 Member Posts: 152
    I tested both in the last 2 weeks.

I was very impressed with both, the torque on the Cayenne is the main difference in performance even tho its a lot heavier.

Both drive great so don't believe all you read about the Porsche, possible "knocking the guy on top" syndrome.

Styling is very subjective, both are a little odd right now because they are new, in 2 years perhaps not.

I am having an extended drive of a 45/tech soon and will most probably get it, HOWEVER, the main reason is price. If they call me in the next couple of weeks with a dream of a deal on an S with Nav, I would take it. It is the better vehicle, note "better" not "nicer".

@ of the X5 and ML500 which are OLD vehicles. My current ride is a ML430.

my $0.02
  • Options
    The best quote on an FX45 with tech here in San Diego with $2500 Cap Cost Reduction/Drive-off is $840 a month and Negotiated price of $49,500.
    Up in the NE, your dealers are quoting a very low Money Factor, well under .0020. Sounds like a great deal and just over what a 35 with tech would be here.
    Do you know the term, miles per year,residual and MF?