Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Repair Taking Months!

cali5cali5 Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Toyota
My husband's '99 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner was hit by a person running a red light directly on the driver side rear tire, and rim. The truck needs a new axel, tire, rim, etc. The axel was on order and finally came in. Now the Toyota dealer says they are waiting for an upgraded bearing to come in before they can do the repair. It is going on two months now! Does anyone have any advice regarding this? I don't see why they can't have the part sent from Japan within a week. I am extremely disappointed with Toyota.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well, it's sort of the classic case of a rather weird accident requiring parts that usually aren't needed in a fairlly new truck...also, no doubt the service manager has a million other things to do besides riding herd on your bearing. He'/she is probably content to let it come over here by "normal channels", in a regular bulk shipment of parts rather than airfreighting it, which would probably get him fired.

So I think you're just the victim of an inefficient system...who's to blame exactly is hard to say. I'm sure though that they are as sick of looking at your truck as you are of being without it.

Best thing you can do is get on the phone to the zone offices of Toyota and see if you can move things along that way.

Sorry to hear about your problems with this, but I hear about things like this all the time.
    They aren't tormenting JUST you....we all seem to suffer with delays these days.
  • Options
    cali5cali5 Member Posts: 15
    I called the Toyota zone office like you suggested and magically the part needed for the repair of my truck appeared within a couple of days! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.