2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Toyota Camry Fuel and Fuel System Questions

13»

Comments

• Options
    kyrackyrac Member Posts: 1
    I have an 89 Camry 4cyl it when I am pumping gas, gas leaks out. Also there must be another leak considering I am not getting decent mileage. I was able to look under the car today and there is a lot of rust. It looks to be more than just a filler neck issue. Should I just let the car go or is it even worth fixing? I just bought the car and was not able to pass the emissions test due to the car testing high in NOx.

Kyra
  • Options
    solace4solace4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 91 Toyota Camry automatic...6 cylinder...it died out coming up the hill to home yesterday, it has been having some power issues with hills lately. I had to really punch the gas for it to get up to speed and then it would level out and slow down again, i could hear the gear shift but no extra umph. I am stuck for transportation...and i need to isolate the problem and figure out the cost/benefit ratio to repairing it...love my little beat up used camry...it generally has been a great car...i am guessing and from the input i have from others it may well be a fuel delivery issue...or perhaps a combination of things. Any help would be great.