Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

VW Passat 95 - transmission troubles

kdarlingtonkdarlington Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Volkswagen
I bought a 95 passat glx almost two years ago and have sunk a ton of money into it - electrical problems, brakes, etc now the transmission is going. Have heard from various mechanics that this is common.

Anyone have experience with these transmissions - either experience the same thing or worked on them? Because they made four different transmissions for this car in 95 the service dept at the dealer is having a hard time finding one. I don't want to spend another $4500 on a rebuilt tran. Used ones run 1500k. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• fritz1224fritz1224 Posts: 398
    I feel your pain. Don't have one, but know I don't want one. May the VW force be with you.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    kdarlington.......hi....sorry to hear about your troubles with the car. You know, it sounds like the service department isn't trying hard enough. I don't see why an hour on the phone and some aggressive dialing couldn't locate a used trans for your car in this big wide country of ours.

Maybe you need to help this along.
This discussion has been closed.