Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Interior cleaning products

triple_deke1triple_deke1 Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Dodge
What does everyone use for thier dash and trim inside?? I've been using a product by Liquid Glass called Connoseuirs Choice (sp). It seems to work pretty good and has a nice smell to it but sometimes its a little slippery when applied.

TD

Comments

• theparallaxtheparallax Posts: 361
    I just use a paper towel and water. I cannot stand that nasty greasy shine that Armor All puts out. I don't see why anyone would want that on their dash.
  • mdamesmdames Posts: 79
    Does anyone know of a product that REALLY does remove the smell of smoke from the interior of a car? The seats are leather. Any input will be appreciated.
  • vernlewvernlew Posts: 87
    I use Lexol Vinylex on interior/exterior plastics and on my tires.....available at Pep Boys....works well, believe it does not contain silicone...like Armour-All type products...so no glare/greasey residue. Another frequent poster uses Pledge on interior surfaces with good results. Would jus try to stay away from products with silicone...which will eventually discolor rubber surfaces.
    Vern
  • div2div2 Posts: 2,580
    First of all, clean the leather with Lexol or similar and shampoo the carpets. Next, stick a couple of fabric softener dryer sheets under the seats. Change them out every few days for a couple of weeks. If this doesn't work, find a specialty detailing shop that uses an ionizer to zap the smell. My 1988 M6 was owned by a chain smoker but the odor eventually disappeared completely.
  • mike_542mike_542 Posts: 128
    If the odors are from the leather, use a leather cleaner, as div2 said. If it is not, and is everywhere, use Meguiar's Odor Elimiator. It removes it and doesn't come back.
  • I hate dust on my dash. Vacuuming is OK, but I hate taking the time to lug it out and put it back. A good alternative is Pledge "grab it" electrostatic cloths. They're about 98% effective in removing the dust without just spreading it around. They leave no residue and they're cheap!
    I hope this helps someone.
  • adc100adc100 Posts: 1,521
    they really work.
This discussion has been closed.