Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current money factor for KS

billsbuddiebillsbuddie Posts: 41
edited December 2013 in Mazda

Hi, I am looking to lease a 2014 Mazda 6 with an MSRP of 25,785. There is a "special lease" for 39 months @ 12,000 miles per year. Do you have the December 2013 residual and money factors for Kansas?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 56,359

.00031 MF.. Residuals vary from 53% to 57%, depending on trim line.

Grand Touring = 57%

Touring Automatic = 55%

kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• Thanks for the info, kyfdx. I did a deal yesterday on a Mazda 3 Touring. It was a bit of a "Chinese Fire Drill". I think the car is great and it was at a dealer that I have trusted for many years, I have bought 7 Mazdas from them over the years.

There was a lot of confusion over the interest rate for a loan, I was told .9 but then after I signed the papers was told that rate was not available. After a long afternoon I agreed to a lease and signed the papers and brought the car home.

I was not happy with the terms so I checked to see if there was a response to my question about Money Factors. It turned out that they had written my lease for .0015, way higher than the MF that you indicated.

I called them with my displeasure. They denied that number was even on their list. I told them that I was bringing the car back unless they could improve that deal. They came up with 1.9% money on a loan and I took it.

There was a day when someone that left the car lot with a car was stuck with the results, today there may be a way to get things fixed after the fact.

Thanks for your help.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 56,359

Well.. a Mazda3 is not a Mazda6.. so, the programs are not the same..

The money factor on a 36 month lease of a Mazda3 is .0010, so it appears they marked up this money factor the maximum .0005, just like the other one...

kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• I see now that I misspoke on my original request, I was looking for a Mazada 3. It makes me feel a bit better because the GM told me they did not have that number on their sheet and he was likely telling me the truth if he was looking at a Mazda 3 sheet. He was a bit sheepish when I called to complain so he knew they had maxed out the MF on the lease I signed, he did not appreciate being caught by one of his "best customers", as he calls me.
    It worked out for the best I think, in my circumstances buying makes much more sense than leasing.
    Again, thanks for your help.