Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
edited January 2014 in Toyota
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Toyota Corolla purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Toyota Corolla, please share your experience here.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Toyota Corolla page.

To see all forums discussions about the Toyota Corolla, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota Corolla discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• bob568bob568 Member Posts: 3
    I'm shopping for the 2014 Corolla L, manual transmission, no added options. I received an OTD price of $17,300. Good deal or not?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    Hello bob568 .. can you break down the OTD price to show the selling price, taxes and fees?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sale Price- $15,935
    Dealer processing fee- $200
    Taxes- $968.10
    Tag & Title- $294

Dealer said freight is included in sales price.
    Perfect .... Thanks!

The breakdown will help others negotiate their own good deals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thank you for your input! Just to make sure I understand... Are you saying you think it is a good deal?
    According to the Edmunds data, the dealer invoice for the Corolla L with manual transmission is $16,686 with destination. If you are being offered under $16K, then I would say that is a good deal.

Margins on small cars are, well, small. $700 under invoice is a good price for a newly redesigned model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    These are starting to show up in the rental fleets now. Saw a couple at Enterprise yesterday and one at Avis also. They are slowly being put into service as we speak!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• pankajspankajs Member Posts: 5
    I am planning to buy 2014 Corolla S with navigation , smart key , multimedia package and sun/moonroof. Dealer is quoting $23,750 OTD. Can you please advise a good price on this.
    Is the "S" version the top of the line now? If not, that sounds pretty pricey...I have seen Camry's and Altima's quoted less than that down south here...and these are mid sized vehicles! I'd wait a bit till the hype dies down...and from the few I've seen on the road and at the store, they ain't that wonderful to warrant such a premium price! Damn!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• pankajspankajs Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Sandman.
    Yes, S version is the top of line now. Though it doesn't come with heated seats as seats are cloth and leather. Could you suggest a good price on 2014 Corolla S with Navigation and Sun/Moon roof.
  • sunshine_hesunshine_he Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am looking at 2014 Corolla LE. The OTD price I received now is $19,558 (MSRP 19,400). Do you think it's a good deal? Any suggestion will be appreciated.
  • ma23peasma23peas Member Posts: 7
    Here is what I discovered this week buying our 2014 LE....

Went in thinking we wanted the L...spent about 7 hours at two dealerships, an hour or two talking to two other dealerships...got the following deal worked out...
    Toyota Corolla L
    discounted sales price: $16,172
    Trade in: (started at $600 for 1999 Sienna LE with 224k miles...moved it up to $2600...that was a gift perhaps to offset their $699 doc fee and $699 Toyota Guard 'package') The van really is not worth more than $1500..lots broken or missing on the poor thing, but one owner and great engine, always used full synthetic the past 10 years.
    Sales tax: about $453

but my Dad (Toyota salesman for 15 years, Lexus salesman for 10+) who lives in another state convinced me that I really needed to buy the LE since the L did not come with the CVT engine and since we keep our cars 15 years, the newer technology may be a better bet for fuel costs and maintenance looking ahead...

The difference between L and LE is $1500 MSRP...so I was fair and offered 1k over the L negotiated price to upgrade to the LE, they came back a few times, we finally settled on $1200 over the cost of the L mentioned above...

I took the 0% financing for 36 months...love the extra room in the back seat, that was the selling feature for us...we have 3 very tall kids...they will love that the middle seat does not have a big hump where their feet go...all in all, the new changes were a perfect fit for our family.

FYI, ToyotaWorld of Atlanta called me back and had LE msrp pricing at 17,920 with no doc fee...I just did not feel they would give me as much on my trade-in but they work on volume, so that might be a good place to start your search if you're in the southeast.
    Neighbors friend came over just now with a 2014 green LE so I had to go out and look it over. Very impressive little vehicle and the print ads don't give it full justice. It is a nicely proportioned vehicle and very Camryesque, very nice and the interior and dash look very good, a lot better looking than the current generation. if the cvt tranny is as good as Honda's, I think Toyota will have a major hit on it's hands! Not sure I'd want to trade my current Civic in for one right now, but if I were in ther market for an econobox right now, I'd give it consideration. Showed it to my wife through the front window as I'd love for her to go drive a '15 model and see if it just might work for her new purchase next year.
    Good job Toyota...very good job! Now I need to go test drive one just to see how good it really is!

The Sandman

• jwallsjwalls Member Posts: 30
    Corolla S Premium, Driver Convenience Package, Body Protection Package, Mud Guards, Alloy Wheel Locks, All weather mats/cargo tray

Invoice $ 22,363 (per dealer)...

How much below invoice can I expect to pay for a 2014 ???
  • lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19
    My friend got his at tustin for $22900 out the door, i dont know how much that is under invoice though, but he said the car was MSRP at $23923, he told me he got a good deal, i can ask which salesman he got it from if you are interested
  • 00jp4700jp47 Member Posts: 3

What you guys think about this price for a black corolla s plus, I'm located at los angeles.
    18,433 sale price
    1,666.18 taxes
    337.74 other fees
    Out the door price: 20,436.93

• lilriceleelilricelee Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2013

you can get it for cheaper at tustin toyota from daniel for $20000 out the door

• 00jp4700jp47 Member Posts: 3
    They sent another email and they can lower it to 20100 out the door for corolla s plus 2014.
  • bettypleasebettyplease Member Posts: 1

Just purchased on Dec 24 2014 Toyota Corolla LE MSRP 19,600. Dealer incentive of minus 3K=16,600
    Trade in 8146= 8,488.
    Dealer fee $599, tax 590 (on 9000), + title $21= 9,700 OTD.
    Came with carpet mats and USB car connectivity package.

Congrats, they did a real nice job on the new Corolla...like it better than the new Civic actually. I no longer own a smaller compact but now have a small crossover and love it especially the ease of entry and exit. With my bad spine, it's so much easier for me now.

_The Sandman :)B) _

• omerfaromerfar Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2014

I am in Baltimore, MD and just bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla LE Automatic on December 27, 2013, the car price was 15477 from Russell Toyota. This was their e-online price which actually is 300 more than another dealership in my area (Brown Toyota in Glen Burnie). With 500 trade in, 6% tax, title/registration, and destination, I got the OTD 16770. Financed the car with 1.9 Toyota. Overall good experience but I should have tried to lower the price a few hundred more (~16300). Overall, very happy with the car. Only two complaints, the car is boring to drive and everyone else also has a Corolla :) Beside that it is a perfect car. I am very happy.

The few I've seen have been very nice looking. Aren't that many in the rental fleets yet but I know I will drive one eventually. A very nice job by Toyota.

The Sandman :)B)

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• andyshah1andyshah1 Member Posts: 2

I have got a equote for Corolla LE plus 2014 as follows... Eprice=17272+taxes (IL) 1266+doc fee 166.27+lic fee 15+lic plate221=18940.27 Out the door
    Can someone tell is it good price or I should have some room for negotiations?
    Thanks in advance.

• carstripper00carstripper00 Member Posts: 4

I just bought a 2014 Corolla S Plus w/out moonroof for $20,650. The dealer wanted my 07' Corolla S and was willing to give me $6300. I'm very happy w/the 2014. This car looks better than a Civic in any trim and I'm getting 34 mpg in town! Show me a Nissan or Honda that can match!!

• verygdfunnyverygdfunny Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

I just bought '14 Corolla LE for $18,760 tax, title, out the door (with my trade, actually $13,760). If you're trading get a good handle on what your trade is worth. One store I went to low balled my trade by $1000. I was very disappointed. I had bought cars from this dealership before and their initial offer was quite fair. This time they tried to do a 3 pound ($3k profit) deal.

@verygdfunny said:
    I just bought '14 Corolla LE for $18,760 tax, title, out the door (with my trade, actually $13,760). If you're trading get a good handle on what your trade is worth. One store I went to low balled my trade by $1000. I was very disappointed. I had bought cars from this dealership before and their initial offer was quite fair. This time they tried to do a 3 pound ($3k profit) deal.

Also, trading in can result in a bit of a tax credit as well, depending on what state you live in. If the sales tax is 7%, the $5000 trade in can save $350 in sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dhart1268dhart1268 Member Posts: 9

I am looking at buying a 2014 Corolla LE (no other options). This will be my first Toyota. I'll use it mainly as my commuter car to work (have been driving a GMC Sierra) 52 miles round-trip. The salesperson at the dealership is my neighbor and assures me I am getting a great price. OTD (all taxes, fees and rebates) is $18,232.00. Before TTL the price was $16,857 (after all rebates). According to TrueCar, I believe this is a good deal. Let me know what you all think please.

• mstrluckymstrlucky Member Posts: 91

I don't think that's a good deal. Asked on what I have seen on here. I think you can get the S for close to that...

• 1985mb1985mb Member Posts: 60

Anyone recently (May '14) bought an S or LE? What did you pay before Taxes and Tags?

• jac33183jac33183 Member Posts: 1

I thought I got a good deal but apparently not...17980 for an LE w/ mats and body protection package at 19700 OTD...did you guys qualify for rebates? I did not

• andrew81andrew81 Member Posts: 2

Corolla S Premium w/Driver Conv 20900 + TTL in LA

• jjdphotographyjjdphotography Member Posts: 9

2014 Corolla LE Plus (Slate Metallic) + All weather mats
    $16,615 base - OTD: $18,462.06 w/ 0 down & 0% for 48 months.
    MSRP: $19,560.
    This is working between 5 dealerships via internet.

My last new car was an 06 Accord LX which I purchased for just over $19k OTD. The Corolla is leap years ahead in everyway, so I am quite pleased with getting more car for less money.

• jlharri9jlharri9 Member Posts: 1

2014 Corolla S Plus (Blue Crush Metallic) + Window Tint/Nitrogen Filled Tires/Alarm for 18,990 after discounts. Total price $22896, OTD price $19,715.60.

• carbuying3carbuying3 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

Paid a deposit on a new 2014 Toyota Corolla LE Premium with navigation, mats. Out the door is $21,141. I don't have the itemized information, but tax would be around $830 and tag/title around $60. So, the price before taxes and tags would be something like $20,300, after the $500 rebate.I hope it's a good deal!

• danny2014danny2014 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a corolla LE PLUS 2015 at dealer in Riverside California 1 hour ago OTD for $19851.11 . Please let know if I over paid.
  • shelbyshonshelbyshon Member Posts: 5

I am looking to buy a 2014 Corolla S Plus with the Drivers convenience package. What did you pay out the door for something similar. I'm thinking of asking $20,500 out the door. Let me know If that is too much or too little. Thank you!

• bobtailbobtail Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a 2014 Corolla LE, Automatic Transmission, no added options or upgrades. Can you please advise a good out the door price on this. I am in the western Massachusetts area. Thanking you!
  • gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    Has anyone in Hawaii had the same experience?
    I was never informed by Hawaii's largest Toyota dealership, prior to taking delivery of my 2014 Toyota, that my car would not include Toyota's "Entune" and "SafetyConnect" features, despite the fact that the sales brochure for my Toyota model, as well as the dealership’s own website, listed both of those features as standard equipment on my model.

I am interested in learning whether other Toyota buyers in Hawaii were informed, either orally or in writing, prior to purchase of their vehicle, that one or both of these features were not available in Hawaii and that their vehicle would not be so equipped even though the vehicle sales brochure and dealership website said or implied otherwise.
  • nochonocho Member Posts: 13
    00jp47 said:

What you guys think about this price for a black corolla s plus, I'm located at los angeles.

18,433 sale price

1,666.18 taxes

337.74 other fees

Out the door price: 20,436.93

I'm at Cali, got about the same offer. Didn't like the vibe, to tell the truth. Then I circled around the web,trying to find some info on the upcoming 2017 edition. Nodoby really knows when it's supposed to be out (i guess late 2015). Came upon this article - http://italkaboutcars.com/toyota-corolla-2017 - they've got some details on the hp and mpg. Nothing about the interior/exterior, though, so, nobody reall knows what it's gonna be like. But i'll wait, i'll put my trust in the 2017.