Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2011 Certified pre-owned Legacy. Deal or no deal? Warranty?

kurtkeoki1kurtkeoki1 Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in Subaru

I'm looking to buy either an Impreza or Legacy, and am wondering if this is a good deal. It's around KBB price but I don't know how relevant that is for buying a pre-owned Subaru, and my time for shopping around to other dealerships is limited due to not having a vehicle currently.

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium.
21k miles
Certified pre-owned.
Warranty good for about another year.
Clean carfax.
$18810 after taxes, fees, etc
It was a lease vehicle, but all the required maintenance was performed, and the oil was changed every 6k miles.

I know that warranties are generally a bad idea, but since it was a lease vehicle, meaning the previous driver may not have cared about it's long-term health, is it a good idea? Subaru backs their Certified pre-owned vehicles with a 7 year, 100k powertrain warranty. Would that cover the things that a neglectful driver might cause to go wrong?

Thanks for reading, and any opinions are appreciated!
Kurt

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,831

What could a driver do in the first 21K miles, other than change the oil and rotate the tires? I don't really see anything to neglect.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator