Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

How To Return purchased BMW

egrizzlyegrizzly Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in BMW

purchased a 2006 BMW 325i from a dealer and would like to know how to return it so I can use that $$ to get a more price-friendly car. Currently paying $226 per month for it. Is there some type of "loan swap" somebody can do? The BMW costs 12,000 and I would like to find a car that costs like $6500 or something and swap out the loans so that I'm paying for the $6500 car in the end. thanks.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,727

@egrizzly said:
    purchased a 2006 BMW 325i from a dealer and would like to know how to return it so I can use that $$ to get a more price-friendly car. Currently paying $226 per month for it. Is there some type of "loan swap" somebody can do? The BMW costs 12,000 and I would like to find a car that costs like $6500 or something and swap out the loans so that I'm paying for the $6500 car in the end. thanks.

You can always trade your car in for a cheaper car. But, they don't swap loans. Your old loan will be paid off with the proceeds from your trade-in, with the new loan covering what you now owe. If you've recently purchased that BMW, you'll probably get a lot less than you paid for it, on a trade-in.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator