Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What is the different and better car between Outback and Forester?

pickacarpickacar Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Subaru

I drove my Toyota 4runner for the last 12 years and very happy with. I want to buy a Subaru, bit don't know the different between the Forester and Outback? And what is the better for the money?

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Here's a good answer to your question:

http://www.stanleysubaru.com/outback-vs-forester.htm

• Options
    pickacarpickacar Member Posts: 2

Thanks for your helpful answer. What is the best time to get the cheapest price

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2014

When to Buy Your Next Car

We don't have the predictive TMV tool mentioned in that article any more.

In addition to the "end of the month" theory, some manufacturers also have bonus money (or quotas) for selling cars the first week or ten days of the month. The problem is, no one knows about these programs, unless a dealer tells you, and not only do the programs vary among manufacturers, but they also vary between the dealers. A successful dealer may be rewarded with more cars or more cars of a certain style or more dealer cash -- but it's up to the dealer to decide whether to lower their prices on the cars they get or "share" any of that dealer cash.

Common wisdom is to buy near the end of the month though.

• Options
    jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396

I got really lucky buying my Impreza on 9/30/13, last day of the quarter. The price was $1000 below Edmund's TMV for my area. However, is was a 2013 model and not a 2014, so that was probably a factor.