Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

What types of maintenance do I need before a long road trip?

hassan7hassan7 Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Toyota

Hi,

I have a 2011 Toyota Camry, with 28K mileage on it. I did the maintenance 5 months ago, and during this time I used the car for 2K miles. I am planning to use this car for a long (40 hours, 3000 miles) road trip next week. Do I need to do any check/maintenance on the car? If yes, what kinds of maintenance do I need?

I can see in the car's maintenance manual that I need to inspect all fluids, replace cabin and engine air filters, replace engine oil, rotate all tires, and inspect a number of things like transmission fluid, brakes, engine coolant. Considering the fact that I used the car for just 5 months and 2K miles since the last maintenance, do I need to do all these maintenance before my travel.

I appreciate your response.
Thanks in advance
Hassan

Best Answer

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited May 2014

Oh and check all the lights to make sure they're working properly, including the license plate lights--so that you don't get stopped on the road.

And make sure your AAA or whatever road service you use, is all paid up.