Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013-'14 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS Recalled for Transmission Problem | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2014 in Cadillac
image2013-'14 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS Recalled for Transmission Problem | Edmunds.com

General Motors is recalling 68,887 2013-'14 Cadillac ATS and 21,863 2014 Cadillac CTS sedans because the driver may not be able to shift the transmission in or out of gear.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Posts: 240

This model PYE contains the 6 spd auto, which has had some issues. My 2011 CTS with the same transmission was serviced under warranty twice. I no longer have any issues, but it was definitely an inconvenience. GM's 8 spd should be standard by next year in all Cadillac and hopefully all GM models.

• reminderreminder Posts: 383

GM has been expending a huge amount of energy recalling cars as of late. I have to believe there will be consequences for these latest issues. Quality & attention to detail are in question for certain. Perception becomes reality after too much of this nonsense.

• lions208487lions208487 Posts: 240

@ reminder- I agree, and since this will put GM under a microscope for the next decade, I hope it leads to higher standards and dedication to quality control.