Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013-'14 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS Recalled for Transmission Problem | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Cadillac
image2013-'14 Cadillac ATS, 2014 Cadillac CTS Recalled for Transmission Problem | Edmunds.com

General Motors is recalling 68,887 2013-'14 Cadillac ATS and 21,863 2014 Cadillac CTS sedans because the driver may not be able to shift the transmission in or out of gear.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240

This model PYE contains the 6 spd auto, which has had some issues. My 2011 CTS with the same transmission was serviced under warranty twice. I no longer have any issues, but it was definitely an inconvenience. GM's 8 spd should be standard by next year in all Cadillac and hopefully all GM models.

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383

GM has been expending a huge amount of energy recalling cars as of late. I have to believe there will be consequences for these latest issues. Quality & attention to detail are in question for certain. Perception becomes reality after too much of this nonsense.

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240

@ reminder- I agree, and since this will put GM under a microscope for the next decade, I hope it leads to higher standards and dedication to quality control.