Comments

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,109
    I believe that is a Civic.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,345
    edited January 2019
    I'm thinking the blue car in the pool is a Toyota Solara.
    I take it back, Civic is a better choice. Solara doesn't have light in the trunk lid.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,590
    driver100 said:

imidazol97
    We were overrun with the white death major snow here as the first full snow of the season came

Imid...you have your problems....we got ours....another one did a header into a swimming pool this week!
    (is that a Cobalt?)

What's with the open trunk? That couldn't have been the quickest evacuation route. :o

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,700
    driver100 said:

imidazol97
    We were overrun with the white death major snow here as the first full snow of the season came

Imid...you have your problems....we got ours....another one did a header into a swimming pool this week!
    (is that a Cobalt?)

Oh lord, is that an Enterprise rental car? Look at that little white rectangle in the upper corner of the windshield. Appears to be the company ID tag. :'(

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,809
    stickguy said:

Wes, I think your mistake was not building a heated garage before you started on the 20 year house project. I don't think I could survive a winter up there, but there is no way I would try it without a garage to park in.

Actually, the garage was the first part we built. Our mistake is that we started living in there instead of letting the cars live in it. :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options

I guess they can honestly claim that there is no flood damage since technically that car is not in a flood.

It is... just a very localized one! :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options

driver100 said:

imidazol97

(is that a Cobalt?)

Oh lord, is that an Enterprise rental car? Look at that little white rectangle in the upper corner of the windshield. Appears to be the company ID tag. :'(

Don't act so innocent. You otta know, you put it there. B)

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,161
    edited January 2019
    driver100 said:

(is that a Cobalt?)

Fake news that it could be a Cobalt. It looks like a Civic. But some owners of those might think their cars can walk on water... hmmmm.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

driver100 said:

imidazol97

(is that a Cobalt?)

Good catch, Mr. Oldfarmer50.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,981

driver100 said:

imidazol97

(is that a Cobalt?)

of...they may send you down to Florida to pick it up and drive it back.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

imidazol97

(is that a Cobalt?)

of...they may send you down to Florida to pick it up and drive it back.
    Don’t laugh, they actually sent a driver down to Tampa once to deliver a car. I’ve been meaning to ask the guy what kind of car it was....must have been something real special.

The company has both Camaro and Mustang convertibles hanging around up here. I have no idea why they don’t rotate them south in the winter instead of playing hot potato with them among local offices. I’d volunteer to take some south.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,109
    jmonroe1 said:

What's with the open trunk? That couldn't have been the quickest evacuation route. :o

Dude must have needed to salvage his stash of mind-altering substances.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    driver100 said:

I joined AAA a few weeks ago. They sent me a survey so they could find out what I may be interested in receiving emails about. I started to check the survey, then when they ask if I am in the market for a new car in 3 months, 6 mos or a year, and they ask if I plan any trips, buy any major appliances etc I figure this is a scam to put me on some lists. Forget it.

Then I read in AARP some ways the scamsters work is they sell your email address from surveys, and from contests.....not that I would enter a contest.

I'd be very careful about taking any survey...I would have to see a direct benefit to me first.

@driver100 ...couldn’t agree more. Whenever I get a snail mail, email, or phone request to take a survey, I turn them down. I know the phone surveyors are just trying to do their job, but when I get one of their requests, I tell them I charge $250/hour , with a minimum of $50 to take surveys and share my information to be deposited immediately into my PayPal account.

They usually hang up on me.

I don’t give out my emails, phone numbers, addresses etc to anyone who isn’t my family, my lawyer, my investment guy, my bank, my friends. That’s it!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

driver100 said:

(is that a Cobalt?)

Fake news that it could be a Cobalt. It looks like a Civic. But some owners of those might think their cars can walk on water... hmmmm.

Ya know, a lot of people who own pools make sure they teach their kids how to swim but none of them think to teach their cars the same life saving skill. Just another case of people that don't know how to take care of their cars. :@

jmonroe
  • Options
    ab348 said:

jmonroe1 said:

Dude must have needed to salvage his stash of mind-altering substances.
    I thought the same thing. Just wanted to know I wasn't the only one in here that was all wet about this.

jmonroe
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Speaking of cold weather activities, the Patriots will be playing in 20F weather today. I've never attended a game at less than 60 degrees so I am wondering how can the fans sit on a cold bench/chair for over four hours especially if their team is losing without being exposed to hypothermia or frost bite.

One suggestion, instead of selling beer perhaps they should consider selling hot chocolate or hot coffee. But then again, spilling hot chocolate on a fan might be too much of a risk in this litigious nation. Perhaps Canadians (who are usually more mild mannered) might be more conducive to a Hot Joe than a Molsen.
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,336
    driver100 said:

I got it, they're testing the car for the new Bond movie.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,400
    driver100 said:
    imidazol97 We were overrun with the white death major snow here as the first full snow of the season came
    Imid...you have your problems....we got ours....another one did a header into a swimming pool this week! (is that a Cobalt?)
    “2014 Honda Civic EX. Low miles. Great condition. Salvage title due to minor water damage, easily repaired. Now low ballers, I know what I got!”
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    A few years ago, I went to a Sunday Night Patriot game against the Packers.
    It was well below 20, but with some boots, winter coat, and hat it was ok.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,400
    When I was much younger and the Eagles were making playoff appearances in the Reid/McNabb era, we went to an NFC divisional game at the Vet. My mom packed my Dad and I thermoses of coffee and hot chocolate. The coffee was decidedly “Irish.”  

Would never be allowed today to be brought in.  Even with the layers and hot beverages, it was still damn cold.  
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    bwia said:

Speaking of cold weather activities, the Patriots will be playing in 20F weather today. I've never attended a game at less than 60 degrees so I am wondering how can the fans sit on a cold bench/chair for over four hours especially if their team is losing without being exposed to hypothermia or frost bite.

One suggestion, instead of selling beer perhaps they should consider selling hot chocolate or hot coffee. But then again, spilling hot chocolate on a fan might be too much of a risk in this litigious nation. Perhaps Canadians (who are usually more mild mannered) might be more conducive to a Hot Joe than a Molsen.

How would you like being a cheerleader at one of those games.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    That poor Civic. On my route many years ago, one older lady took her Corolla and drove it into a much larger pool. She survived but it was strange seeing it in there and even stranger watching them take it out. Had to get a small crane and they lifted it out and onto the other side of the fencing. Luckily, no one got injured in the pool area or in the pool. Later I heard that this wasn't the first time this had happened.
    This was in Century Village in Boca Raton, Flrida. I'm sure some of y'all know of the Century Village developments in Florida. They're also in West Palm Beach, Deerfield Beach and Pembroke Pines near my Hertz office.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    houdini2houdini2 Member Posts: 409
    edited January 2019

driver100 said:

I joined AAA a few weeks ago.

AAA ! Gosh driver, I never suspected you had a drinking problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    houdini2 said:

Be careful with that joke, it's an antique.

• Options
    bwia said:

S Perhaps Canadians (who are usually more mild mannered) might be more conducive to a Hot Joe than a Molsen.

Sell hot chocolate at a football game....lol, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard of.
    20F isn't too bad if your team is winning, but, it is a killer if you are losing.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    "houdini2
    AAA ! Gosh driver, I never suspected you had a drinking problem
    .<

Yeh, AA is for the whimps....I am a full fledged AAAer.

Actually, I have never been to an AA meeting but if I was single it would probably be a great place to meet some good party people.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

Ya know, a lot of people who own pools make sure they teach their kids how to swim but none of them think to teach their cars the same life saving skill. Just another case of people that don't know how to take care of their cars. :@

jmonroe

I suppose Hondas already have that built in.

• Options
    edited January 2019

driver100 said:

imidazol97

(is that a Cobalt?)

2014 Honda Civic EX. Low miles. Great condition. Salvage title due to minor water damage, easily repaired. Now low ballers, I know what I got!

It actually is a Civic...you guys were right...one article said that.

The ad should also say some water did leak into the trunk. Used by a little old lady who just went on short trips.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Extremely clean CARFAX? :p
  • Options
    Thoroughly washed inside and out.
  • Options

houdini2 said:

Be careful with that joke, it's an antique.
    I know, so am I.
  • Options

You have to wonder if reconditioning that car would be possible. A car that goes underwater when not running could have the plugs removed and the water blown out but a car that went into a pool while running must be hydro locked with no telling of the internal damage. The rest of the car is just trash.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    How about "money down the drain" ;)
  • Options
    How about, only used once in a "carpool".

• Options

You have to wonder if reconditioning that car would be possible. A car that goes underwater when not running could have the plugs removed and the water blown out but a car that went into a pool while running must be hydro locked with no telling of the internal damage. The rest of the car is just trash.

It says she meant to put it in PARK when she ran into the house to get some money...but, didn't move the gear all the way. Her husband and 7 year old child were in the car but they were OK. No mention of whether it was running, but, it sounds like it was.

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Was at the 103rd PA Farm Show over the weekend and while there were some trucks on display...

...one of the more curious little details I saw was a one piece Michelin wheel/tire on a John Deere made out of some kind of plastic. Looks like they flat spot, not sure if that would round out when you start moving or not. But no tubes, no air to lose :)

• Options
    PF_Flyer said:
    Was at the 103rd PA Farm Show over the weekend and while there were some trucks on display... ...one of the more curious little details I saw was a one piece Michelin wheel/tire on a John Deere made out of some kind of plastic. Looks like they flat spot, not sure if that would round out when you start moving or not. But no tubes, no air to lose :)
    My guess is there will always be a bit of a flat spot at the bottom even when moving due to the weight of the tractor. I don't think it's an issue. it's like how radial tires look a little low on pressure.

• Options
    I wonder what happens when those open channels fill with dirt/mud? Will it be pushed out as the veins flex and the wheel turns?
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    The revolution is on as Cadillac is plunging into EV's in a big way. Its first offering is an unnamed I-Pace like SUV. If GM wants to continue its success in China it must aggressively move into EVs. Stay tuned. 
    https://electrek.co/2019/01/13/cadillac-first-ev-images-challenge-tesla/

• Options
    driver100 said:
    How about, only used once in a "carpool".
    That's the laugh of the day award winner! 

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    That was a particularly clever quip :D
  • Options
    edited January 2019

My guess is there will always be a bit of a flat spot at the bottom even when moving due to the weight of the tractor. I don't think it's an issue. it's like how radial tires look a little low on pressure.

Agreed. If anything it is beneficial for the purpose (e.g., more traction on the ground at any one time. And, like you mentioned, PF, the faster you go, the less it will tend to squat. And, "fast" on a tractor is still pretty darn slow. :D
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,968
    PF_Flyer said:

Was at the 103rd PA Farm Show over the weekend and while there were some trucks on display...

...one of the more curious little details I saw was a one piece Michelin wheel/tire on a John Deere made out of some kind of plastic. Looks like they flat spot, not sure if that would round out when you start moving or not. But no tubes, no air to lose :)

That was shown quite a few years ago as an upcoming passenger car tire innovation. Then disappeared. Interesting to see it re-emerge in the industrial/agriculture space.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,895
    There's a few financial guys here so...

I have decided to change from my local bank to my credit union. I have transferred money electronically to the limits my credit union allow.

I have deposited a few checks by using the credit union app. i.e., taking a picture of the front and back then destroying the check once it shows as being is in my account.

Today I wrote a check to myself and deposited it to the credit union since, with the limits they (or someone) has established it was taking too long. Although it did accept the check there was a notice this time that I would be receiving an email about the transaction. The way it was worded I could picture alarms going off and lights blinking at my credit union. :)

The email said to keep the check for 30 business days before destroying it and to record a "Session number" they gave me.

My question is - Why? What was so unique about this deposit? It was considerably higher than the other few checks I have deposited this way, but so what?

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options

PF_Flyer said:

More worrying is that they forgot to put headlights on the Dodge RAM truck.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

PF_Flyer said:

That was shown quite a few years ago as an upcoming passenger car tire innovation. Then disappeared. Interesting to see it re-emerge in the industrial/agriculture space.
    Yes, those tires were supposed to be used on cars......never go flat. Probably impractical on a car, but, would probably work well on heavy equipment.

• Options
    edited January 2019

PF_Flyer said:

They have been trying to perfect a tire like that for years for passenger cars. Trouble is the vibration at higher speeds, so might work on low speed farm equipment....but looks like it might need some type of cover to keep the mud out.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    driver100 said:

PF_Flyer said:

More worrying is that they forgot to put headlights on the Dodge RAM truck.

They had a black, white and deep red RAM on display that was part of a giveaway... all you had to do was fill out a little survey... I get enough emails already :)
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,593
    Venture, could be the amount, or being a personal check. But whatever it was flagged in their system as being outside of the norm, so gets extra attention. as long as they cashed it for you, shouldn't matter. I always would keep the checks until at least the next statement period anyway, though I have not been willing yet to set up a mobile banking app on my phone. so the rare check I get to deposit goes into the ATM.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,740
    edited January 2019
    bwia said:

BWIA, it seems like the only time I go to Gillette it is <20 degrees out... Like skiing, dress in layers (of Pats gear!); Wool hat, long johns, flannel lined pants (unless snow/rain, then appropriate pants), sweatshirt and jacket. Wool socks with waterproof boots and mittens (much warmer than gloves). And, get up and move occasionally! (bathrooms are heated, if a bit unpleasant!). I forget which game, maybe Ravens playoff a few years ago, hand warmer packs. Both my son and my cell phones died due to cold, couldn't communicate with our ride! But all worked out.

And, they do sell hot chocolate...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)