Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,625
    well, that Genesis G80 plan didn't last long. That is a serious lease payment, but I guess if you want it and can afford it, treat yourself!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    tjc78 said:

Friends that bring whiskey are good friends to have!!

tjc78 said:

Where I come from good friends don't bring you a bottle of whiskey, then proceed to drink half of it. :@

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    Mike reminded me of something else. Apparently the dealer I bought at offers lifetime free car washes if you want them. Just stop in any time and they run it through. So in theory my wife can stop on the way home from work whenever it needs it. Though I would likely get mad at her for doing it!

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,402
    jmonroe said:

tjc78 said:

tjc78 said:

Where I come from good friends don't bring you a bottle of whiskey, then proceed to drink half of it. :@

jmonroe
    In fairness, where you come from, they put french fries IN the sandwich...soooo....
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    stickguy said:

well, that Genesis G80 plan didn't last long. That is a serious lease payment, but I guess if you want it and can afford it, treat yourself!

With incentives, trunk money, USAA member discount, that $109,000 S450 will be close to $90,000. With low money factor and a little cap cost reduction, my monthly payment will be within $100 of what I pay now.

As for the G80, that is not out of the picture. My decision to lease the S450 is contingent on many things - June/July incentives could be even better considering the economy now and then.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,204
    My dad did the door knocking thing a lot when I was a kid. He got 2 or 3 old cars out of it, including the 60 Ford that still has a fond place in my memory. I wouldn't knock like that in these kooky times.

omarman said:

In another topic somebody posted a memory of his dad knocking on a stranger's door to inquire about an interesting old car parked in the driveway. He also posted that happened a long time ago when one could knock on a stranger's door without serious hesitation. :smile:

But everybody's Irish today!

• Options
    Congrats. Did they bump the pull forward down to 3 months? In my prior leases it was 6 months. Maybe slowing sales due to the national situation have them not wanting so many returns in the short term or something.

I was going to say the S is due for replacement asap, but you knew about it. It has aged exceptionally well and still looks like a relevant car. You're choosing a good option load, all of the necessities with nothing too silly.

I browsed my MB dealer today, they had a brown (!) S63 AMG in the used section.
    abacomike said:

Selenite Gray with black leather (same combo as I have now - love the color - and walnut wood interior.

AMG Line Exterior Package
    20" Multi-spoke AMG alloy wheels
    Premium Package
    Driver Assistance Package (Distronic)
    Heads Up Display
    Rear Spoiler
    Wheel Locks
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    Panorama Roof

MSRP $109,750.00

• Options

jmonroe said:

tjc78 said:

tjc78 said:

jmonroe
    In fairness, where you come from, they put french fries IN the sandwich...soooo....
    Believe it or not I don't like french fries on sandwiches nor do I like them on my salad. I like fries alright, just put them on the side with a little ketchup and I'm happy.

Why did you have to go and bring up fries? Now you have me craving for a basket of fries from the "O".

jmonroe

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,499
    edited March 2020
    @abacomike, how about a different color this time around? You’re messing with my car fantasy man! ;)
  • Options
    carnaught said:

@abacomike, how about a different color this time around? You’re messing with my car fantasy man! ;)

I don't want white or silver or black or beige or green or blue. So that leaves grey. Very conservative colors in this line. I would love that Cadillac iridescent red, but they don't make that color. So, it is what it is.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,954
    @oldfarmer50 - that dealer is right close to me. It's a palace, and also hosts the only McLaren dealer in Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I'd spec mine diamond silver (light blue) on porcelain, but I am kind of weird B)
    abacomike said:

I don't want white or silver or black or beige or green or blue. So that leaves grey. Very conservative colors in this line. I would love that Cadillac iridescent red, but they don't make that color. So, it is what it is.

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    edited March 2020
    “With incentives, trunk money, USAA member discount, that $109,000 S450 will be close to $90,000.”
    Oh well, then. A bargain! I must say it’s fun to live vicariously through your luxe cars! :D
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    suydam said:

“With incentives, trunk money, USAA member discount, that $109,000 S450 will be close to $90,000.”
    Oh well, then. A bargain! I must say it’s fun to live vicariously through your luxe cars! :D

Yep, it must be nice. If we had @Mikes money we could burn ours.

jmonroe

• Options
    I cannot remember the last time oil was at $25.00 a barrel. PUG at my Costco is at $2.45 a gallon as of this morning. They expect a gallon of PUG could drop below $2.00 a gallon in the next several weeks. Unbelievable!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,954
    Sounds like a beautiful car! I know you thought you may not be able to get another one, so congrats!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,460
    Way to go Mike!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    supply and demand Mike. demand worldwide is way down so at normal production levels going to be a huge glut. Hopefully the feds fully replenish the national reserves!

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,718
    edited March 2020
    omarman said:

In another topic somebody posted a memory of his dad knocking on a stranger's door to inquire about an interesting old car parked in the driveway. He also posted that happened a long time ago when one could knock on a stranger's door without serious hesitation. :smile:

But everybody's Irish today!

These guys still go a knocking.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Michaell said:

@oldfarmer50 - that dealer is right close to me. It's a palace, and also hosts the only McLaren dealer in Colorado.

I was just grabbing a picture off the internet for Maserati Ghibli sq4.

One nice feature was the active exhaust which I discovered when I switched to sport mode. Fun car to drive on the twisty back roads.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    abacomike said:

I cannot remember the last time oil was at $25.00 a barrel. PUG at my Costco is at $2.45 a gallon as of this morning. They expect a gallon of PUG could drop below $2.00 a gallon in the next several weeks. Unbelievable!

I saw RUG for $2.19 in Vergennes VT yesterday. Coming down in NY but a lot slower.

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,904
    I went to the grocery store early this morning. Not many people there. Staff was stocking shelves like crazy.

Still no eggs.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,167
    abacomike said:

carnaught said:

@abacomike, what color and options have you configured? Just want to live vicariously through you.

Selenite Gray with black leather (same combo as I have now - love the color - and walnut wood interior.

AMG Line Exterior Package
    20" Multi-spoke AMG alloy wheels
    Premium Package
    Driver Assistance Package (Distronic)
    Heads Up Display
    Rear Spoiler
    Wheel Locks
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    Panorama Roof

MSRP $109,750.00
    I knew it would turn out this way! LOL

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,338
    stickguy said:

Mike reminded me of something else. Apparently the dealer I bought at offers lifetime free car washes if you want them. Just stop in any time and they run it through. So in theory my wife can stop on the way home from work whenever it needs it. Though I would likely get mad at her for doing it!

The dealer we bought the Sonata from offers lifetime free car washes. However its 15 miles away in an area we are rarely in so it's not such a great deal for us.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,954

Michaell said:

I was just grabbing a picture off the internet for Maserati Ghibli sq4.

One nice feature was the active exhaust which I discovered when I switched to sport mode. Fun car to drive on the twisty back roads.
    When I visited the dealer, they had a Levante (SUV) in the showroom. They fired it up, and flipped the active exhaust on. That sounded mean - would definitely scare the other soccer moms in line to pick up the kids from school.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,338

abacomike said:

I saw RUG for $2.19 in Vergennes VT yesterday. Coming down in NY but a lot slower.
    RUG is $2.19 here also, been dropping regularly.

Posted from the Snakeweasel bunker where the apocalypse is all fun and games until the zombies show up.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Regular is down to 1.75 at the Costco in Louisville.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options

stickguy said:

The dealer we bought the Sonata from offers lifetime free car washes. However its 15 miles away in an area we are rarely in so it's not such a great deal for us.

My Subaru dealer does too, but theirs has the brushes. I won't let them wash mine even after a service.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,993
    tjc78 said:

Sounds like a beautiful car! I know you thought you may not be able to get another one, so congrats!

+1. I thought you were going to look at Focus's or something like that this time around?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    oldfarmer.....looks like a great car, wonder what one of those would cost to rent for a day? You should be paying them to drive it! :p

• Options
    venture said:

I went to the grocery store early this morning. Not many people there. Staff was stocking shelves like crazy.

Still no eggs.

Went to Sam’s about an hour ago. Still no TP(I’m good for a couple of months) but got everything I wanted except waffles. A lot of empty shelves.

Streets are empty. I still managed to get stuck behind some old dude in a pick up who sat for 10 seconds after each green light and took a left into a round about. Maybe that’s a symptom of the virus. Or senility.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,954
    Well, day 2 of being a Kindergarten teacher. Sat for about 3.5 hours with my son doing the teacher's lesson plans.

It's giving me a new appreciation for teachers.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,569
    I'm going to brave a trip to Sam's tomorrow around lunch. No paper products needed but we need to replenish vitamins, clothes detergent, dishwasher detergent, and some snacks.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options

venture said:

Still no eggs.

Went to Sam’s about an hour ago. Still no TP(I’m good for a couple of months) but got everything I wanted except waffles. A lot of empty shelves.

Streets are empty. I still managed to get stuck behind some old dude in a pick up who sat for 10 seconds after each green light and took a left into a round about. Maybe that’s a symptom of the virus. Or senility.
    The old dudes in Florida can take 10 minutes trying to make a right turn.......sometimes they like to stop half way through the turn for some reason. :@

• Options
    edited March 2020
    driver100 said:

oldfarmer.....looks like a great car, wonder what one of those would cost to rent for a day? You should be paying them to drive it! :p

I thought it was about $1000 a day but an Enterprise office out in AZ only charges $400. Off season rate maybe? I think I may have been driving the only one in the Northeast. None of the local offices has any available.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    pensfan83 said:

I'm going to brave a trip to Sam's tomorrow around lunch. No paper products needed but we need to replenish vitamins, clothes detergent, dishwasher detergent, and some snacks.

It might just be us...but, people up here seem to be taking the virus more seriously. More and more people are ordering online. First time we could get things in 2 days, now have to pick up in 5 days. An employee at a bank in town (population 25000) has the virus, the bank is temporarily closed. She may have passed it on handling money or paper, or talking to people...then those people spread it..........

I don't like to be a fear monger, and I am not overly OCD about this thing, but, it will get worse before it gets better, and I don't want to bore you with boring facts, but this guys experience in Italy is very sobering;

https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-outbreak-stages-italy-jason-yanowitz/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR3pS44-APa3GIbTd0mgjGcWKwFYVYgficNY_bnS59zRMQsH2QTtaJqRaJ8

I think you have to copy and put in your browser.

• Options
    driver100 said:

pensfan83 said:

It might just be us...but, people up here seem to be taking the virus more seriously. More and more people are ordering online. First time we could get things in 2 days, now have to pick up in 5 days. An employee at a bank in town (population 25000) has the virus, the bank is temporarily closed. She may have passed it on handling money or paper, or talking to people...then those people spread it..........

I don't like to be a fear monger, and I am not overly OCD about this thing, but, it will get worse before it gets better, and I don't want to bore you with boring facts, but this guys experience in Italy is very sobering;

https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-outbreak-stages-italy-jason-yanowitz/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR3pS44-APa3GIbTd0mgjGcWKwFYVYgficNY_bnS59zRMQsH2QTtaJqRaJ8

I think you have to copy and put in your browser.
    Unless you’re snorting cocaine through those rolled up bills just wash your hands when you get home.

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,569
    All of the items we need are what I would consider essential and we need them sooner than later. It may very well come to ordering everything entirely online but for now we'll buy local. We've taken/are taking precautions appropriate for our individual situations, YMMV.

Additionally both my parents and in-laws fall into the higher risk classification with my father already diagnosed with asthma so between us and my wife's siblings we're trying to handle their essential needs shopping as well.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    I wonder if there will be a run on vitamins next. But maybe most don't use them to begin with.

I've noticed the light traffic on the road right now seems to be slower than usual too, save for in my neighborhood where construction projects are still going, so the semis and lifted overcompensator pickups are still zipping along as moronically as ever. But on normal roads yesterday, half the drones seemed to want to go 5-10 under.

And $400/day for a Ghibli rental? LOLnothanks,

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Well, day 2 of being a Kindergarten teacher. Sat for about 3.5 hours with my son doing the teacher's lesson plans.

It's giving me a new appreciation for teachers.

Me too.

Mrs. Venture is a teacher and working from home. I can't bear to watch.

• Options

venture said:

Still no eggs.

Did they have any eggs? Maybe I can trade you waffles for eggs.

I think I'll buy a few chickens. :smile:

• Options
    driver100 said:

venture said:

Still no eggs.

The old dudes in Florida can take 10 minutes trying to make a right turn.......sometimes they like to stop half way through the turn for some reason. :@
    I think my favorite is when they are pulling off the highway into a parking lot. They will stop with their back tires still on the highway and look for a parking spot (I guess). Meanwhile cars are almost smashing in to you while you wait.

• Options
    We need to go out in next couple of days to get meat. Will try for some milk and eggs if they have them, not that we are in imminent danger of running out. The women are bored and want to keep baking!

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,392
    I followed an imbecile in an older Pilot yesterday; two lane access road, 25 mph limit. The moron was going all of 20 mph and rode the brakes around each corner. Another dimwit who should be restricted to public transit.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Costco here has RUG @ $1.89 and PUG @ $2.45 a gallon. Unbelievable!😛😋🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited March 2020

I followed an imbecile in an older Pilot yesterday; two lane access road, 25 mph limit. The moron was going all of 20 mph and rode the brakes around each corner. Another dimwit who should be restricted to public transit.

I would like to have a big boxing glove on a spring on my front bumper like in the cartoons for people like that. Why do they have to brake at every slight curve in the road??

• Options
    edited March 2020
    abacomike said:

Costco here has RUG @ $1.89 and PUG @ $2.45 a gallon. Unbelievable!😛😋🤪😜

I prefer to have things back the way they were, and pay $2.60 for RUG. Dow down 2200 right now.
    I am saving 60 cents a gallon for gas, but losing $1000s in my investments.

• Options
    I should have waited. Had to get gas for mower. 2.15 at gulf. But only put a gallon in the can. Since I was there to save a trip, filled up my car. With a whopping 4 gallons or so. At this pace, should cover me well into June.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    dino001 said:

I'm talking about the quarantines, shutdown and peoples' health and life and you seem to keep repeating this bailout stuff. Obsessed?

Just noting that bailouts have a theme, in that they keep repeating over and over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. They get called different names, but any government "investment" is basically a bailout the corporation didn't pay for (like free insurance from the government).

At least this time, there's some talk of a bailout for the the people, rather than just the top 1% and failed entities.

Not obsessed, just observant.

The one bright side is that some costs are going down, like for gasoline/oil.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

andres3 said:

jmonroe said:

tjc78 said:

Really sucks!!! Hoping for a painless process to get fixed. The beauty of it being a lease is you aren’t on the hook for DV.

I've heard that about leasing. Given that there has to be the same percentage of lease cars having accidents as the typical purchased cars, I'm surprised that lease contracts haven't been changed to account for this.

jmonroe
    Because the banks and insurance are in bed together. They've obviously made a calculation that it is better for them to ignore the world is spherical, or that DV exists, rather than to acknowledge it.

Georgia is the only State out of 50 that I know of that automatically acknowledges, and even further, puts 1st party DV claims on the market (you can buy insurance for it).

What a Proggressive State! Who'd of thunk?
    The issue with diminished value is that it is an unrealized loss that cannot be truly determined and will change due to multiple variables. A buyer may consider the diminished value to be more or less than the "expert" who estimates the loss. The longer you keep the car the less loss due to diminished value you will incur. Het into another accident how much of the new diminished value is allocated to each accident.

Case in point, I got into an accident many years ago that was 100% the other drivers fault and I definitely had a loss in value due to the accident. Now it's 6 or 7 years and maybe 80k miles or so later and I am pretty close to having fully depreciated the car. Currently the value of the car is likely less than the loss in diminished value at the time of the accident and if I dispose of the car now I most likely would not realize any loss due to diminished value from that accident.
    Doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. If you insist the loss be realized, I'm sure consumers would be happy to sell the car to the Insurance company in order to get the DV check.

The problem is the loss is realized immediately. You lose the option to sell your asset IMMEDIATELY for the price it was worth pre-accident. Not only that, but it takes around 60 days to repair moderate damage and you can't really sell your asset at even its diminished value for those 60 days, even if you wanted to.

If you want to keep the car forever, then I suppose you could sign to waive the DV claim.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion